• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner Scopes

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
What's cooking,
Along with these new products, a price jump is coming across the product line at the end of the month. So if you have any interest in any products shoot me a PM to get your order in before the end of the month.

All prices listed for these new products are MAP.

New Scopes
Predator 8
2-16x42 E3 Reticle and Ballistic Turret $1,799.99
3-24x50 E3 Reticle and Ballistic Turret $1,899.99
4-32x56 SCR Reticle and Ballistic Turret $1,999.99

T6Xi (has locking turrets)
1-6x24 KC-1
$1,699.99
2.5-15x50 SCR (MOA or MRAD)
$1,899.99
3-18x56 (MSR2 or SCR2)
$2,099.99
5-30x56 (MSR2 or SCR2)
$2,499.99

I'll post more info as I get it.

Last edited:
Interested in this one
T6Xi (has locking turrets)
1-6x24 KC-1
What does the KC-1 reticle look like?

I can see why Burris dropped the price and moved manufacturing of the XTR3i with these scopes coming to market.

Very keen to see the spec sheets for these Steiners to see how they compare to the XTR3i and XTR PRO.

Just hope Steiner isn't using the Burris product release schedule for these....

If they haven't fixed the parallax and CA issues in the T series, they aren't worth buying. There are too many better choices that don't have these issues.

Solid chance they did fix them. I highly doubt they would spend the investment to put out a product without fixing the well known old issues.

Attachments

• 240CBD2A-8687-4D43-A03F-8D681B216085.png
    240CBD2A-8687-4D43-A03F-8D681B216085.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
  • A620F4EA-29AC-45BF-9BE7-F79A1D68C8F9.png
    A620F4EA-29AC-45BF-9BE7-F79A1D68C8F9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
This is what’s currently showing on Steiner website. I am not sure it’s totally correct because they are showing the older MSR reticle in the photo but saying they are offering the MSR2 in some models. I am a bit disappointed if both the 5-30 and 3-18 models only parallax down to 50 yards and lack of reticle options in the 2.5-15 model. If this is correct, I think the Burris XTR3i and Pro models are the better options.

Reactions: rlsmith1
That 2.5-15 could really compete with the NX8 behind a clip on if it doesn’t have finicky parallax. The fact it’s a little bit longer and has less magnification than the MK5 3.6-18 gives me hope there. Never really felt limited by the TMR reticle so the SCR should be fine especially given the 2.5x low end. Gas gun scopes are getting interesting! Would love to see a MK5 head to head with a T6Xi for night use

Reactions: Chasing3
@rlsmith1 I agree I think the 2.5-15 could be great but I think not offering the MSR2 or even the MSR is a mistake by Steiner. If they do offer that reticle it will be a great offering.

I agree, great to have the option.

The reason I’m not super opinionated one way or another is because on the MK5 5-25 I have, the CCH is really hard to use at 5x so I can only imagine this is magnified in a 6x erector with a lower bottom end mag.

Also, I probably would never have bought the MK5 3.6-18 with a TMR (would have gone CCH or some grid reticle) but I found one for a screaming deal. After using it for over a year on a precision 556, I really like the TMR reticle because I’m not searching for the middle of the reticle at low power (especially nice at night when FOV matters more). I will say I’d rather punch paper with the CCH all day but that’s more because it has a floating dot than the grid

Reactions: Chasing3
Looking at the FOV specs shows some slight funny business.
Looks like they tunnel very slightly at lowest magnification.

Good point. One of the reasons I would almost prefer the MSR over the MSR2 especially the Kahles branded MSR reticle because it has a floating dot but the rest of the reticle is thicker then the MSR2 and allows you to pick up the center area quicker. The SCR will probably work well too. I guess I’ll just have to see one to compare.

Last edited: