• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New stock for Savage

dohnuts58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
the big MO
I have a Savage 111f in 30-06 with detachable stagger feed mag, and am looking to upgrade the stock. To go along with the new stock I would like to up the capacity on the mag. I kinda like the Choate, and know that McM is another option, but like the Choate a little better. Have surfed here, gunbroker, and googled the hell out of it, but that hasnt helped too much. If anyone can recomend anything it would be of great importance to me.

Re: New stock for Savage

The Choate stocks are very heavy. If that doesn't bother you, go for it. They are built strong.

you should be able to get anything for it really. that xlr stock is cool if you like that, SSS has laminates, the take a long time to get to you. try stockys, stockade, mcmillan im sure, HS, call jim at northland and see what he has on hand. might have something you like as a take off. as far as higher cap long action mags... hmmm. jeff at cdi. maybe Dbull. possibly SSS may have a box for a long action eventually. other than that for a long action i am not as well read as i am for my short

If you decide on a choate PM me I've got one I'd let go that fits a 110 LA stagger feed. For what it's worth I'd look at the stockade stocks if I were you, they are pretty good quality.

Of course McM or Manners or any of the premium dealers would be happy to inlet however you want, just call them up and be prepared to wait.

I've got a model 111 in 300 Win Mag with the DB magazine......couldn't find an aftermarket stock worth a crap that wasn't going to be a custom built one......

+1 for Choate, tactical anyways.... Great stock and not that heavy compared to their ultimate sniper models. I had to bed mine, took a few hours of inleting and beding...

Honestly I would never own another Choate cinder block stock. I had one and was happy to get rid of it. If you are doing a Savage talk to Kevin
Rayhill @ Stockade gun stocks. He makes some of the best synthetics out there for Savage rifles, I have three and would not hesitate to get another.

Picture031-1.jpg

call MCM and see what they can inlet for your action....
Tac Ops Lima 63 built on a Savage 110 action:

Lima26.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dohnuts58</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the stock in your pic there? </div></div>

Stockade Pd/Tactical.