• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New stocks for Christmas!

RoughNeck182

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Ordered a couple of new stocks from Joel Russo a few months back to replace the plastic one's on my Rem 700 .243 (green) and my brother-in-law's Vanguard .270 WSM (blue). Should be here in the next couple weeks... Should be a very merry Christmas for us!!

Re: New stocks for Christmas!

i had one for my first rifle to replace the tupperware (savage), theyre pretty slick.

His site was up at russoriflestocks.com but it has been down since yesterday. I contacted him through jkrussos[at]comcast.net. He is also active on the Longrangehunting.com forum.

I have been thinking seriously about one of Joel's stocks. Any idea how much work will have to be done to it to finish it? I have finished 2 Richard's Microfit stocks and they were far from being finished.

dmg264,
Joel's stocks are 100% drop in and to finish them I start with 200 grit papper and move up to 600 grit. Most say you do not need to go past 400 grit.

I then apply a sandable sealer and resand. Use a sanding block to make sure to keep it smooth. The sandable sealer help find low spots.

After that i shoot it with 15 coats of clear coat. Then wet sand 1200 grit to 2000 grit. Then a autoclear coat polish for the wet shinny look.

Here are the three I have done. The last one was a oil finish for the old man.

url]

url]

url]

If you want more info, let me know.

MarcS: The price breakdown was as follows:
385.00 stock
160.00 cheek piece
180.00 3 way LOP
14.00 studs
TOTAL
$739.00 USD

dmg264: I guess I will have to wait and see when it arrives to know but one of the things that swayed my decision to buy from him was his excellent reputation in terms of the inletting and finish of the stock and reasonable turn around time. I had read enough horror stories online about stocks from other laminate/wood stock producers that I thought it well worth any cost to avoid the risk of getting a s***y stock that I'd have to send back or slave over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do any of you fellas know if he makes these stocks for rimfires? </div></div>

I get the impression he can do all sorts of custom work if he can get the specifications he needs to program his equipment for what you want. I would suggest contacting him about your specific project to see what he can do for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do any of you fellas know if he makes these stocks for rimfires? </div></div>

short answere yes, contact him and see if he has your rifle programed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have mine on the way in Bubinga wood.
John III </div></div>

I've seen a few that he's done with bubinga. They're badass. Joel is gtg and makes sure you get a quality product.