• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New Surefire Illumination Tools with IR

MODArmory – Nicole

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
At the SHOT Show Surefire introduced new products featuring IR. These items are currently on order and expected to be shipping March / April.

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Mini-Scoutlight with IR, M93 Mount: Featuring 120 Lumens and 100mW IR Illumination:</span>
Available: Black or Tan
P/N: M300V-BK or M300V-TN

Runtime: 1.2 hours
IR Runtime: 5 hours
Weight: 3.8oz
Dimensions: 4.1" L x 1.7" W x 1.5" H
Batteries: One 123A Lithium

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Scoutlight with IR, M93 Mount: Featuring 150 lumens and 120mW Ir Illumination:</span>

Available: Black or Tan
Runtime: 1.8hours
IR Runtime: 8hours
Weight: 5.5oz
Dimensions: 5.4"L x 1.8"W x 1.7" H
Batteries: Two 123A Lithium

<span style="font-weight: bold">New X300V with IR: Featuring 150 Lumens and 120mW Ir Illumation</span>
Available: Black
Runtime: 1.8 hours
IR Runtime: 8 Hours
Weight: 4oz
Dimensions: 3.94"L x 1.42" W x 1.39" H

Contact MOD Armory via PM, [email protected] or (719) 325 8070.

Re: New Surefire Illumination Tools with IR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camille -MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">New X300V with IR: Featuring 150 Lumens and 120mW Ir Illumation</span>
Available: Black
Runtime: 1.8 hours
IR Runtime: 8 Hours
Weight: 4oz
Dimensions: 3.94"L x 1.42" W x 1.39" H
</div></div>

So out of the new offerings from all manufacturers, is this the best option for those of us wanting IR laser/illuminator for a handgun? Also any projected dates for delivery on any of these?

Thanks

Re: New Surefire Illumination Tools with IR

We need to test and evaluate the new IR Lasers/illuminators that will be available for a handgun. However, with the settings and Surefire's reputation we are confident that it will be a great or best option.

We were able to place orders at the SHOT show. Expected ship date is in March. However, the reps stated that accurately probably April.

We need to test and evaluate the new IR Lasers/illuminators that will be available for a handgun. However, with the settings and Surefire's reputation we are confident that it will be a great or best option.

We were able to place orders at the SHOT show. Expected ship date is in March. However, the reps stated that accurately probably April.

Well I'm glad you got a date on something. The last few years a majorit of their SHOT show stuff was pure vaporware. X400-GN was shown @ 2011, 2012 and this year it was shown as an X400 ultra-GN.... still no release date from SF as of last week. X-400 ultra... same problem...
Since your SF reps seem to have more info, do you have any other release dates or price points for any of the other SHOT show releases???

Alright I shook down our rep! Joking, he is a very nice guy.
Anyways this information is best to my knowledge and as we know subject to change.

X400-GN: There is no pricing established but they are hoping for mid May
X400UA: No production date
X400UA w/ IR Laser (Vampire Head): No production date
X400UA-RD: Supposedly two weeks but there are not samples available to reps currently
X300V (Ultra): June and MSRP will be around $400.00.
M600V: June and MSRP will be around $500 with a thumbscrew mount. Add $100.00 for a weapon mount
300V: June, potential for mid may but that would be a pleasant surprise. MSRP around $450.00 and option of black or tan.

I have the X300 Ultra mounted on the end of a 10.5 SBR 5.56 barrel and use it for CQB work. It displays 500 Lums of light which is great because initially it will blind a dirt bag at close range and that way you can take care of matters slowly or quickly. I initially wanted one with a laser and 500 lums. The SF rep at the TTPOA aid they plan on m aking one but he could not say when. Now SF advertises that they have it with a red laser, it is the X400 Ultra. I have not seen one and my SF guy has not either.

Just FYI these lights are/were developed PRIMARILY for handguns and fit on quite nicely. They are much more difficult to get on mil spec rails. Just FYI. It is great for what I use it for.

Last edited:
Any news on the 300V?

Thanks!

Beginning interrogation process! On the bright side we were able to place scheduled deliveries for the remainder of 2013... even though we have not received our SHOT promotion order of it.

We are receiving the Surefire M620V Scout LED Weaponlight w/ IR
Surefire M620V Scout Weapon Light White/IR LED w/ Tailcap [M620V-A-BK or M620V-A-TN] - $441.75 : MODArmory, For All your Defense Needs

I will let you know what Surefire says about the expected release date.

Interrogation process was quick... my skills are improving! SF stated November for the 300V.

Last edited: