• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New TAB Gear SAC Arrived

77Bronc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Louisiana
Ordered a TAB Gear SAC ammo carrier and as everyone knows the quality is outstanding. It is durable, well made and does the job. I took it to the range today and it worked great feeding my rifle. The empty brass went into the back pocket and I did the shake test and could not get the brass and unfired ammo to mix.

Mr Burkes builds great gear. I will get more for other ammo calibers.

Last edited:
How many rounds were you able to get into one?

I've seen the video of 100 pieces of .308 brass fitting, but I was wondering about loaded rounds.

I just got mine this past week also and fit 100 rounds of .260 in it plus the 10 in the front. I did not try to fit more, but am sure I could have as there was more space.

I live mine. I have 2 of them and can fit around 130 rounds of 308. I live the double pouch inside for your spent brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the pictures above, I have 50 rounds in the front pocket and I took about 30 rounds of fired brass from my brass drum and put it in the rear pocket. There is no doubt I could get 50 more rounds in the front. Of course you will start with 100 and as the front starts to deplete, the rear pocket will increase.

I bet I could get 130 rounds of .223 in this bag. This is a well made bag and a great idea from TAB.

I have two that I used while prairie dog shooting. One to haul bullets and one to haul brass

You can fit 100 loaded .308 rounds easily into the SAC. A friend told me he had put 150 rounds of 6.5 Creedmore in one. I haven't seen that in person yet.

Thank you for your business gentlemen.

just recieved mine as well. 130 rounds of 243 fit. Ordered from Triad sunday night. Gotta love fast shipping

What have you been using prior to buying these? Where you using hard plastic boxes in your packs?

Well, I'm kinda new to this and have only shot a couple local matches. Up until now, I was using cardboard boxes ammo comes in. Many got a bit squashed from the pack being tossed around, plus I always had to open and close them and worry about possible spillage. I like this better, but haven't yet used it in a match. After Labor Day, I'll let you know my opinion if it differs from now.

Well, I'm kinda new to this and have only shot a couple local matches. Up until now, I was using cardboard boxes ammo comes in. Many got a bit squashed from the pack being tossed around, plus I always had to open and close them and worry about possible spillage. I like this better, but haven't yet used it in a match. After Labor Day, I'll let you know my opinion if it differs from now.

Thanks very much appreciated.

What have you been using prior to buying these? Where you using hard plastic boxes in your packs?

I had been using the slip type 20 round cases, purchased online. Had to use rubber bands to keep closed. Actually used my home made rubber bands, hint for DIY'ers...use a bicycle inner tube, slice the thickness you need for hold strength. These make the best rubber bands.

Used the TAB bag again yesterday and it worked great. Also makes slipping in my rifle range bag easy, stuffs in the bag well. Showed it to some shooters at the range and told them where to go to purchase.

77Bronc, I'm glad to hear your SAC is continuing to serve you well. Thank you for your endorsement to the other shooters at your range, you can't buy advertising like word of mouth promoting.