• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New TAC 416 Barrett in Australia !

Down Under Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
Just thought I'd put a post up to let the Aussies know that Australian distributors for Mcmillan Bros tactical rifles have just receiver the first shipments of 416 Barretts into Melbourne Vic.

The rifle is the same design as the famous TAC 50 and is a dream to shoot.

Here she is ..

IMG_00701.jpg

This is one bad ass looking rifle.

For anyone wishing to find more information contact

[<span style="color: #CC0000">b]www.armourtesting.com[/b]</span>Looking forward to slaying a big Sambar deer at range with the gun in the next month. It is being fitted with a new NXS 5-22 and shooting the 450 grn Rocky Mountain AL tipped bullet... They ain't going to like it !!

DUH

Re: New TAC 416 Barrett in Australia !

Jimmy,

Good to hear from you mate. No I have not yet purchased one. These have only just arrived a week ago so its early days.

Hows your big gun going ? I still think that clip with the 2700 yard shot has the best sound of a bullet going down range I've heard ! It sounds pure mate ! Just love that suppressed sound !!

DUH

I thought it was illegal to own firearm's like this in Aulstralia after their gun grab ordeal?

The rifle looks magnificant either way!

Best of luck to you mate,
MS

These bolt guns are all OK except the 50 bmg.

Its not as bad as most think, although they took all our semi autos off us !

DUH

Try licencing one over here in WA and you'll be SOL. A lot of the cops and support staff at licening services are reasonable people and willing to listen but a couple of the bosses are anti-gun and have the accumulated technical knowledge of firearms and ballistics that might fill half the back of a postage stamp. Combine those factors and life becomes incredibly difficult for legitimate, licenced firearm owners. You'll only get a 338LM licenced here after appeal to the state admin tribunal. PLS bosses say they're a 'threat to public safety' - as if a 338LM would be the weapon of choice for a meth-head robbing a chemist. They should ban tyre irons, knives and shotguns if that's the argument... A 416B would get knocked back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try licencing one over here in WA and you'll be SOL. A lot of the cops and support staff at licening services are reasonable people and willing to listen but a couple of the bosses are anti-gun and have the accumulated technical knowledge of firearms and ballistics that might fill half the back of a postage stamp. Combine those factors and life becomes incredibly difficult for legitimate, licenced firearm owners. You'll only get a 338LM licenced here after appeal to the state admin tribunal. PLS bosses say they're a 'threat to public safety' - as if a 338LM would be the weapon of choice for a meth-head robbing a chemist. They should ban tyre irons, knives and shotguns if that's the argument... A 416B would get knocked back.</div></div>

I hear what you are saying mate ! In vic we are cool currently but I have heard of the WA scene being really tough. I feel for you guys. Keep in mind these are not primarily aimed at Mums and Dads, more LE and Military contracts.

DUH

Can't wait to hear your first range report. Are you going to use BMG brass and form, or use Barret brass?

Strange, I would have assumed West Australia would be more gun friendly than the other states and territories?

I'll be there in November - been one hell of a delay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strange, I would have assumed West Australia would be more gun friendly than the other states and territories? </div></div>

Think of us as the California of Australia...

Which state are you headed to?

DUH (SW),
That is one helluva nice looking outfit.
When will you get your hands on this one again.
Would love a shot from one of these.

Should have my STac338 built and fully load developed by end of November.

Would like to test its performance against this monster.

See you in the bush

TT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Which state are you headed to?</div></div>

I'll be in Melbourne the first half of Nov, then Sydney the rest - from that point I'm likely back and forth for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stac338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUH (SW),
That is one helluva nice looking outfit.
When will you get your hands on this one again.
Would love a shot from one of these.

Should have my STac338 built and fully load developed by end of November.

Would like to test its performance against this monster.

See you in the bush

TT </div></div>

TT,

I would think I might see it late Oct maybe ? Going to depend on how load development goes. Currently using BMG cases but have 1000 Barrett factory cases on their way. Have noticed quite a difference in burn rates and pressure signs with 2 -3 different primers. Currently with CCI we are good but others spike the pressure up. We are waitng on a batch of US 869 to run through it as well. Currently running 2218 or 50 BMG 193 grn as a accuracy testing load.

I'll let you know if I get it in the field.

DUH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOWN UNDER HUNTE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
stac338 said:
DUH (SW),
Currently with CCI we are good but others spike the pressure up. We are waitng on a batch of US 869 to run through it as well. Currently running 2218 or 50 BMG 193 grn as a accuracy testing load.

I'll let you know if I get it in the field.

DUH </div></div>

Simon,
I am going to use Vihtavuori 20N29 in the STac338.
It is a bit slower burning and produces the same if not better velocities at lower pressures than AR2218/50BMG.
It will be easier on them expensive cases also.

Custers in Qld is the agent.

Good Luck and keep me posted on this one.

TT

Just worked this load up to 200 grns 2218 ( 50 bmg ) with a 5 shot 7 fps sd . If it shoots we are a go ! Doing 3088 fps with the 450 grn pill. Ouch !

DUH