• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New TAC READY Chest Rig for long-gun shooters

TAC READY

Private
Minuteman
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Currently available from the Rifles Only Online Store.</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Name the product and get yours free!</span>
We designed it, tested it, and now are producing it, but we haven't come up with a good name to call it. "Chest rig" just seems so generic when this is a somewhat specialized piece of gear. If you have an idea for what we should call it then post it up and if we use your suggestion then your product is free (if you have already purchased one, then we will send you a check for your purchase price). </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The name has been chosen -- introducing here: <span style="text-decoration: underline">The TAC READY Mag Harness</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Description</span>
This product has been in development for almost a year, the Mag Harness was designed for long-gun field or competition shooters and is intended to be simple, <span style="font-weight: bold">economical</span>, and rugged. The design is intended for shooters who primarily use AICS short-action mags or AR10 style mags, however folks are finding all sorts of ways to put this tool to work. The 5 pockets on the front have adjustable closures with quick release buckles. These pockets are designed primarily to hold AICS 10 round short action magazines or AR10, DPMS, MagPul style 20 round magazines. However, this size pockets handles all sorts of other useful equipment such as hand-held GPS units, cameras, smaller laser range finders, flashlights, snake bite kits, and many many more items you might find necessary for your outdoor activities.

The two molle platform areas (one at each side) are very useful for attaching your mission specific equipment pouches. Examples include dump pouches, pistol mag holders, laser range finder cases, night vision devices, even a sidearm.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Features:</span>
5 pockets
2 Molle attachment areas
adjustable shoulder straps
adjustable back strap
adjustable belt straps
all materials are military grade and ready for hard use

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Price:</span>
$95.00

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Currently available from the Rifles Only Online Store.</span></span>

Thank you all who contributed to this product. Thank you for your thoughtful, as well as knee-jerk, suggestions and evaluations. Without your generosity in taking the time to identify the good with the bad and offer your concepts for improvement this product would be much less than it has become.

For those that area already using this system please post some pics showing what you run in your pockets and how you have configured it with accessory pouches.

Thanks,
David

CR_arms_down_400.jpg

CR_left_view_400.jpg

CR_back_view_400.jpg

CR_loaded_closed_400.jpg

(shown above and below with a TAC READY LRF Case (sold separately) on each molle platform)

CR_loaded_open_400.jpg

CR_items_on_top_400.jpg

(from left to right: Garmin GPS and Mildot Master, DPMS 19 round mag, PMAG 20LR mag, AICS 10 round mag, Lieca 900 range finder)

In response to a question regarding whether the Mag Harness could hang below a small plate carrier, here you go.....
(not a plate carrier but should be about the same size, and there is still room to drop the harness further if need be)
CR_over_armor_side_400.jpg

CR_back_over_armor_400.jpg

Also because someone asked...
(this is to demonstrate the Mag Harness worn as a lumbar rig, not what it was designed for, but functions nicely)

backwards_front_400.jpg

backwards_back_400.jpg

Re: New TAC READY Chest Rig for long-gun shooters

TAC READY FFP-H or RGR (Run n Gun Rig)

Final Firing Postion Harness

This looks like something that i would have loved to have had when stalking to the FFP with minimal stuff that would be needed.

Looks nice.

RASCL (Run and shoot chest load out)

TAC BIB

HELL HARNESS

LOH (Load out Harness)

UPDATE:

HOLY SHIT! I just checked out the RO page for the price on this set up, at $90 this is a steal!!!

Compare to something like this:

23015-4_350x350.jpg
from TT retails for $220+.

You should name it the dirt cheap high quality MOFO'er chest rig.

GATR Harness (Gear at the ready)
Tactical Speed Harness
Up Front and Personal Harness
ETR Eyes on Target Rig

Nice looking piece.

Call it the Infidel Wrap!

Nice and simple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAC READY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">d
If you have an idea for what we should call it then post it up and if we use your suggestion then your product is free </div></div>

Shit if its free i have to try.

RED:Real Ergonimic Design.
RED:Rugged Ergonimic Design "Red-rig"
BEAR: Basig Ergonimic Assault Rig. "Bear-rig" or
snipers Bear-rig
HEFT: Harnes Ergonomic Future Tactical."Heft-vest"
BASH: Basic Assault Sniper Harnes. You could place a thunderbolt between A and S. Like pride FC had. Or rifle round..
KIM: Keep it modular. "Kim Jong-il"
grin.gif

I have been using this rig since last October and love it. I use a Emdom dump pouch to throw my brass into on the right side and it works really well. Everything you need is right in front of you, 10 round AI mags work great in the pouches along with plastic ammo cards to hold a few more rounds. It fits well, moves around enough to not give you that cramped feel.

Guerrilla Rig - GR

Guerrilla warfare Rig - GWR

Go Guerrilla Rig - GGR

America Guerrilla Rig - AGR

Precision Shooter's Rig
Precision Shooter's Chest Rig
Rifle Engagement Chest Carrier-Essential (R.E.C.C.E. Rig)
Rapid Approach/Decisive Action Rig (R.A.D.A.R.)
Long Range Decisive Engagement Rig

More to come, I really want that rig!

Looks like a great product, well thought out and I'm sure well built.

I love mine and run it all the time now.

For matches, I keep my LRF on one side and my Kestrel on the other. The two outside pockets each get two of the plastic, ten round sleeves that factory Federal ammo comes with, and some laminated dope cards and mil-dot master. I put that card material on a little piece of 550 cord so they don't get lost. In the middle three pouches I put AI ten round mags. That's 70 rounds on me that I have quick and easy access to. I don't notice it from any positions either it never gets in the way. Sometimes I snap on a carabiner for earmuffs.

For hunting I carry a lot less ammo and add in a handheld GPS, digital camera, energy bars, compass and maps.

Simple and functional.

Marc

I used this rig at this year's NorCal TBRC and loved it. Ive tried a few of the competitors products and this just turned out to be the perfect product. Many asked if it was comfortable to lay prone. The answer is yes. Laying prone, there was zero discomfort whatsoever. It also was never an inhibitor to building a good position even with all the pouches full. The thought put into the design product was excellent. The pouches are sized perfectly and are easily accessible. The rig has enough adjustment so that you can get the pouches where they are the most comfortable and will not move around on you while you are running. You can easily carry enough ammo for an entire match day using this rig. I personally use an Emdom dump pouch on the left side and carry my Leica 1200 and Kestrel in the TacReady LRF case attached to the MOLLE on the right side.

I migrated from the Redman Apollo chest rig to the TacReady rig and wont look back. Though they are both great products from two respected suppliers on the Hide, the TacReady rig moves around less than the Apollo has pouches as an integral part of the rig, costs SUBSTANTIALLY less, and sits high enough so that your pant pockets are accessible. Additionally you have the option of wearing a pistol belt instead of being forced to wear a drop leg or wear the pistol on your chest rig. Being that the mag pouches are already there, you aren't forced to buy $30-$40 mag pouches to attach to a $150 chest rig. At $95, you have a great product that has almost everything you need built in.

DOG harness..... durable operator's gear
FTE harness...... front towards enemy
RAG harness..... rifle assault gear
BARE essentials harness.... battle action ready equipment
TRAP harness....tactical rifle assualt pack

S.A.R- SNIPER ASSAULT RIG

S.A.R.S-SNIPER ASSAULT RACK SYSTEM

P.R.A.R- PRECISION RIFLE ASSAULT RIG

P.R.A.S- PRECISION RIFLE ASSAULT SYSTEM

P.R.R.S- PRECISION RIFLE RACK SYSTEM

P.R.E.G.H-PRECISION RIFLE ESSENTIAL GEAR HARNESS

P.R.L.C.H-PRECISION RIFLE LOAD CARRYING HARNESS

P.L.R.G.R-PRECISION LONG RANGE GEAR RIG OR RACK

Light and Fast Rig (LFR)

Simple Lightweight Gear Rig (SLGR)

Simple Lightweight Economical Durable Gear Rig (SLEDGE)

Combat Ready Ammo Carry Kit Rig (CRACKR) or CRACK rig

Combat Ready Ammo Carry Rig (CRAC)

High Speed Low Drag Rig

Tac Ready Ammo Management Precision (TRAMP) rig

Tac Ready Precision Ammo Management (TRPAM) rig

Lightweight Rugged Ammo Carry Rig (LRAC)

TAC READY Shoot and Scoot Rig (TAC READY S.S.R)
TAC READY Essential Kit (T.R.E.K.)
TAC READY Economical Kit (T.R.E.K.)
TAC READY Essential Modular Operation Rig (T.R.E.M.O.R.)
TAC READY Economical Modular Operation Rig (T.R.E.M.O.R.)

TRICK
Tac Ready Interdiction Chest Kit

TRENCH
Tac Ready Equipment Necessities Chest Harness

TREBUCHET
Tac Ready Equipment Bearing Utility Chest Harness Everyone Trusts

TR-MMFP
Marksman's Move Fast Platform

TR-MAP
Marksman's Ammo Platform

Tac-Ready PGP Harness (practical guerrilla pockets)
Chesty Puller
Guerrilla Grab Bag
Tac-Ready RnG Guerrilla Suspenders (run-n-gun)

Go NCPPRC!

Trash rig.......

ThRow All your Shit Here....in one place and go....rig

pm me for my ship to address, thank you

TAC READY S.P.E.E.D. (Special Purpose Extended Engagement Distance) Rig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trash rig.......

ThRow All your Shit Here....in one place and go....rig

pm me for my ship to address, thank you </div></div>

Ah, I see the weekend warrior has arrived.

Sorry Boltripper, we didn't run any units in Sasquatch size.
shocked.gif

We missed you at the TBRC in Sacramento this year.

Best.

How about the "Ready Rig" ?

In case anyone is wondering Dave has top of the line products (I use several of them myself).

Keep turning out the good stuff Dave!

-Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly random question: Can you wear this rig backwards, with the mag pouches in the small of your back? </div></div>

I try to have eyes in the back of my head.

Why would you want it there? Would seem difficult to know where things are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly random question: Can you wear this rig backwards, with the mag pouches in the small of your back? </div></div>

Why would you want it there? Would seem difficult to know where things are.</div></div>

Well, for belly crawling I guess. The HSGI sniper waist belt is set up with pouches on the back and the Sotech sniper hydration harness leaves the chest and belly clear. I could see how it could be a problem keeping 5 identical pouches sorted behind your back, though I would think you would want to be able to get at everything "with your eyes closed" however your gear is laid out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly random question: Can you wear this rig backwards, with the mag pouches in the small of your back? </div></div>

Why would you want it there? Would seem difficult to know where things are.</div></div>

Well, for belly crawling I guess. The HSGI sniper waist belt is set up with pouches on the back and the Sotech sniper hydration harness leaves the chest and belly clear. I could see how it could be a problem keeping 5 identical pouches sorted behind your back, though I would think you would want to be able to get at everything "with your eyes closed" however your gear is laid out. </div></div>

In that I do not know you from Adam your question would appear to go more to a operational standpoint. I did see these being used quite successfully at the NorCal match, albeit Vu did not have us doing a stalking exercise (and I do hope he will not in the future).
I would have to ask you (not truly looking for a answer) how often do you "belly crawl"? I am all for knowing where things are with your eyes closed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bark-eater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly random question: Can you wear this rig backwards, with the mag pouches in the small of your back? </div></div>

Yes, without any adjustment or modification. I don't think it lays as ergonomically as if worn in the front, but it is quite functional with the back strap becoming a belly strap it stays in place and the load is distributed nicely. If you are running a LRF case on the side it is still on the side and easily accessible as are the primary 5 pockets -- you just have to remember everything is on the opposite side.

So, if you knew you were going to slither around on your belly for awhile you could slip it off and flip it on your back and go hunting.

Thanks for the question.

David

TR-AYN
All
You
Need

TR-MAC
Marksman
Ammunition
Carrier

TR-ROK
Roll
Out
Kit

TR-LOK
Load
Out
Kit

Back from celebrating an anniversary, looks like I missed a bunch of great ideas!

How about:

TAC READY FAR-EYE Precision Shooter's Rig
TAC READY Paralax Chest Rig
TAC READY Sentinel Rig
TAC READY Overwatch Rig
TAC READY Surgical Strike Chest Rig
TAC READY S.I.N. Rig (Send It Now)
TAC READY Infiltrator Rig
a Very Long Engagement Chest Rig
TAC READY Sniper's/Sharpshooter's Extended Engagement Rig - S.E.E.R.
TAC READY Cyclops Chest Rig - Cause if the target sees anything at all it is your magnified eyeball in the scope!
TAC READY Jupiter Chest Rig (Jupiter/Zeus allegedly struck enemies down with a thunderbolt from afar)
TAC READY SILVERBACK

And of course, my personal favorite... TAC READY Earthtrekker Rig!

and on and on. I had better quit now, before I start trying too hard and end up getting silly.

I apologize if I used any previously posted ideas, I did not read every single submission. Feel free to use part or all of any suggestion or mix and match them for this or future TAC READY products. I will always be happy to test a sample for you.

TAC READY PIG Harness
Practical Interdiction Gear

Saw this up at NORCAL TBRC this year, pretty slick set-up!

GIDON: Variant spelling of Hebrew Gidown, meaning "cutter down; hewer," i.e. "mighty warrior."

ARES: Greek myth name of the son of Zeus and Hera. Identified with Roman Mars. Derived from the Greek word ares, meaning "battle strife; ruination."

HONDO: Egyptian name meaning "war."

Nemesis: was the spirit of divine retribution

TRV- Tac ready vest

well for a chance at the free one

how about
the B.B.R.
back or belly rig

you could even throught the PRECISION RIFLE in front of it

I just added a couple of photos in the first post in this thread of the harness being worn backwards -- or should I say in the alternative orientation.
smile.gif

Click here to go to first post in this thread...

I guess I should close up the naming game and pick one...let's say no more submissions will be included after midnight PST today.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Winner to be posted tomorrow.

Best,
David

First, thank you all who took time to help us out with naming our latest product. There were 26 contributors and 96 name candidates submitted.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">The name for this product has been chosen:</span>
The <span style="font-weight: bold">TAC READY Mag Harness</span>

This was not one of the submissions and certainly not as colorful or creative as most of the submissions. This name was not considered until having reviewed all of the names you folks came up with so its fair to say that the name we chose was in part possible because of your contributions.

So, as a thank you for your help, and to help get "Mag Harnesses" in the hands of shooters, all those who contributed name candidates (listed below) are eligible for a $20.00 discount and free shipping if you choose to give the "Mag Harness" a try. Details below.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">List of SH members who contributed name candidates:</span>
deadly0311
HasgunWilltravel
ggmanning
NOMAD
ECH
Ajwcotton
KingKong
Outsydlooknin75
earthtrekker1775
Ghillie Zen
lone_soldier
WTC343
TrickPony29
ewoaf
308Dude
jaym_100
BOLTRIPPER
hemiram347
SilentSoul308
opeagle
earthtrekker1775
mclevela
lvcatfish
SIERRAWHISKEY
_Shay_ ©
Knut211

<span style="text-decoration: underline">How to get your TAC READY Mag Harness discount:</span>

There are two ways:
1. Purchase the Mag Harness from Rifles Only Online Store or at their facility and pay full retail price. Then send an email to [email protected] with your full name, date of purchase, and your SH screen name and your mailing address. We will then mail you a gift card for the $20.00 discount and shipping costs.

2. Send us a check directly for $75.00 with your choice of color and shipping address and we will ship you a Mag Harness directly.

Thank you all again for taking the time to help us out. If you decide to give the Mag Harness a try please also take a moment to post up a picture of how you decided to load out your harness.

Thanks,
David

The TRAPPER, or TRPR, harness - Tac Ready Precision Rifle harness.

or

Tac Ready Sniper Tux / Tac Ready Tac Tux

Thanks David, I may take you up on that offer. Looks like a really nice, simple and rugged rig that will serve my purposes well.

I have always wondered why everyone wants mags in the 'up and down' position at the waist when it is not a natural movement to remove and use. During training, and experience from OEF VII I found a new way to mount my stuff but have not seen any vests or plateholders with the ability to make the same arrangement

IOTV.jpg

Right handed shooter:
Drop empty mag, left hand grabs mag and places in left thigh mag bag. Right hand turns rifle 1/4 turn exposing magwell to left hand. Left hand removes full mag from chest and places into rifle. Rifle is moved back to shooting position as bolt is let go to load and lock. This was the fastest way to change out a mag and although at first frowned upon was liked more and more as the experiemnt showed faster work.

If I get time, I am going to see if I can design somethin galong what I am thinking of and show it to the guys who sew this stuff here. I truly think it is a better way for either a left or right handed shooter to load and unload magazines and magazine fed rifles.
Of course I could be all wrong in my thinking, but I do think this has merit

Switchblade, that is a pretty sweet concept indeed! I can see that it would not be too hard to reach across if you had to reload with your right hand but would it remain possible to remove magazines with either hand in the prone? Also, If you use the horizontal mag system with a full loadout, ie. LBV, pack, hydration, etc. will the access to fast mag draws be diminished with shoulder straps and the like getting in the way? Definitely has merit, just curious about the breadth of practical application. Hard to tell from a photo.

Certainly an interesting concept. I'm pretty sure I've seen pistol mags carried by LE on pistol belts in this configuration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always wondered why everyone wants mags in the 'up and down' position at the waist when it is not a natural movement to remove and use. During training, and experience from OEF VII I found a new way to mount my stuff but have not seen any vests or plateholders with the ability to make the same arrangement

IOTV.jpg

Right handed shooter:
Drop empty mag, left hand grabs mag and places in left thigh mag bag. Right hand turns rifle 1/4 turn exposing magwell to left hand. Left hand removes full mag from chest and places into rifle. Rifle is moved back to shooting position as bolt is let go to load and lock. This was the fastest way to change out a mag and although at first frowned upon was liked more and more as the experiemnt showed faster work.

If I get time, I am going to see if I can design somethin galong what I am thinking of and show it to the guys who sew this stuff here. I truly think it is a better way for either a left or right handed shooter to load and unload magazines and magazine fed rifles.
Of course I could be all wrong in my thinking, but I do think this has merit </div></div>