• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**New Target Handing Method from JC Steel Targets**

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
Hey Guys, Wanted to give you guys a look at a new item we are going to release for sale at an introductory price.

It is called our T POST target hanger.
Not to be confused with our T Post bracket which bolts onto the back of targets. Also a great product.

This is our T POST target hanger.

What we wanted to do is this,

We run a big match up here in WA, and we also run some smaller matches in the area. So we have the ability to shoot ALOT!! Which is a good thing, but it also gives us a chance to see what really works in the target industry. We test and test, and put our items through a torture all the time, thousands and thousands of rounds. Not just a couple to say we shot at it! This is just to make sure they can hold up to the abuse we all put them through.

We wanted something very stable, and heavy duty, but light enough to carry into position and simple to set up in minutes.

Also, something important to us, was visually seeing the target move when it is hit. Plus that creates a louder ring. And the aiming point is 2 feet away from the post, and the top bracket, so it is fairly safe as well.

During our tests, we blew many holes all over these things on purpose, and they still held up perfectly.

With the help of some boys here on the ranch, we created, and made a hanger that slides over a medium duty T POST. It slides over the T POST 6 inches!! And then the target just hangs. It is a fully welded product that slips over the T POST. Then the arm, Which is 24 inches long, bolts onto the bracket, with 4 bolts, created a super solid mount. Its not angle iron, its custom bent 3/16 steel, that we have put holes in exact locations to marry everything together perfectly.

We use old medium stiffness conveyer belt to hang targets. Its stiff enough to bring the target back to neutral fairly quickly. And last nearly forever.

Check it out, These are going to be now available on the forum, Send us a PM if you would like some

Retail price is going to be $34.99

Introductory price will be $29.99

This items will also fall under our one time flat rate shipping/handling charge.

It will include the actual T POST Hanger,
all the hardware to mount it together(4--1/2" bolts)
another set of grade 8 hardware for mounting target
a strip of conveyer belt
Will come painted black

Here are some pics for you guys to check out and let me know what you think!! And you can check out all our stuff at JC Steel Targets.

Well I just realized all but one pic is horrible....I will try to get some more

Thanks for all the support

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets

or5opg.jpg

erl6h0.jpg

iclm38.jpg

2cxycg7.jpg

syy0lj.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is a simple yet excellent design, I'll be ordering a few. Might as well pick up a few extra targets while I'm at it!

Think it will support a 66% silhouette? Nothing wrong with shooting the round targets, just curious as to if it could be done.

what's the size target in the picture?

after pricing a lot of stuff for hanging steel, these are a "steal" even after pricing material and welding costs to try to do one.

any chance of a prototype in the works for a double died one, sort of like a T pole for hanging laundry? (one post being a 4x4, pipe, or 1" square stock can mount up 2 large or 4 small targets with some extra holes drilled)

sort of like this:

i'd be interested in a dozen or so of double ones if they may be a reality.

TP, yes we are making those as our next step. It will be simple, and only add minimal cost to the entire unit. Although our design will be 2 inches shorter on one end. Not really a big deal, but that will keep our shipping costs down so we can pass on a great price to our customers.

Think it will support a 66% silhouette? Nothing wrong with shooting the round targets, just curious as to if it could be done.

Easy, We beat the crap out of a 66% IPSC the other day at 400 yards, with our 338's.

It held up just fine like I expected.

Jake,
Looking forward to getting mine next week. Also excited about shooting with you.
Take care, Michael

Very nice, I think Ill pick up one of the double sides ones with a 4" and 8" round. Great idea yet again.