• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Target Stand/Target Brackets

sab9259

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
NC
I have been toying with different ideas to hold targets at my shooting range, thought I'd show a few off to give others ideas of what we're using. To be clear I have used the rebar stands with varied success and have grown to hate them because they will let you down when you need them the most. I have little need for quick setup and take down since I leave my steel out all the time so the lack of mobility is not a factor.

First picture is swinging frame that is made from 2"x2" square tubing. It stands 3 feet high. I have used chain on all my hangers for a while and it gets cut up pretty easily so I scored some fire hose from a buddy that will hopefully cut down on the need to walk across the fields to re-hang targets and take up valuable shooting time.

Second picture is what I used for a few larger silhouette targets. It is made to sit on a 4x4 wood post buried in the ground. These are simple yet very effective.

Third and fourth picture is the standard t-post bracket. I'm not paying $35 for one so I decided to make them. The plate face is angled at 10 degrees to drive splatter into the ground.

Looks good. If you place a 1/4" thick rubber washer between the target plate and stand backing plate you will increase the sound of impacts as well as increase the longevity of the target plates.

Looks good. If you place a 1/4" thick rubber washer between the target plate and stand backing plate you will increase the sound of impacts as well as increase the longevity of the target plates.

Good to know, I will do that.

Yeah that is a good point, Or even go up to 3/8" or 1/2" rubber washers. They will even let the target move quite a bit more which is helpful for long range shooting.

OH yeah, those look really good!!

Yeah that is a good point, Or even go up to 3/8" or 1/2" rubber washers. They will even let the target move quite a bit more which is helpful for long range shooting.

OH yeah, those look really good!!

Thanks for the compliment!! I'll be sure to pick up some rubber washers or possibly make some from conveyor belt material.

I'll be in the market for some more steel real soon so be on the lookout for a PM from me!

Good deal, just let us know,

I never thought about it but yeah, Conveyer belt would work awesome!! Good idea

Mud flaps work for suspending as well. Not as stout as a multi ply conveyor belt, but it does work and can be much easier to find.

I have a bunch of horse stall mat pieces left over from my barn I built. It is about 3/4" thick and it is very stout!!! If you want to try some out, I can send some to you. You to JC!