• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Target System....a work in process!!!

hognuts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Here is one that I am working on, still a work in process, but I hope to have it armor plated on the front and enclose the cylinder area with sheet metal to keep the bullet splatter off my cylinder and hoses and then add a remote control switch set-up so we can control it from the firing line...still a long way from the finish line on this one, but it is coming along nicely.

Videos | Sin City Precision

It is the last video link on the page, My computer skills leave a little to be desired.

Just got the remote figured out tonight, going to be range testing this week to see if it functions at the range, initial testing in the driveway was successful. The remote has been separately tested out to around 1600 yards, hopefully now that it is actually attached to a solenoid on the target it will function out to around 4-500 yards!

The air cylinders came from a wrecked dump truck, (tail gate latch mechanism) and the front of the target base is 1/2" AR500 and the target is as well, I am sure over time of being shot at the cylinder may get beat up from shock loading it, but it literally cost nothing as it came from a wrecked truck. The next set would have to be purchased, yes, but they are surprisingly inexpensive through Granger. (relatively inexpensive anyway, the AR plate is by far more expensive than the cylinders)

I like the target, scores high in innovation! Must be poor in portability though, and a string of them with an air compressor and hose could be rather cumbersome.
You need to bring that with you to the WTRC so I can drill it! Then you'll get the official thumbs up.

"I like the target, scores high in innovation! Must be poor in portability though, and a string of them with an air compressor and hose could be rather cumbersome.
You need to bring that with you to the WTRC so I can drill it! Then you'll get the official thumbs up."

If I end up driving up I will do that! :) Yea, its kind of a heavy little bastard, not as bad as my elk target though! :) Looking forward to the Wyoming match. Hopefully I will have a couple more Vegas shooters coming up this year!

I used electric, 12v deer feeder batteries.

The top one is a plate rack the bottom one is larue style.

Have to click the photo to play the video.

HPIM0417.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

Click this photo to see how it works.

platerack2.jpg

HPIM0395.jpg

Last edited:
Cool setup, looks like it works well! We have been pre-occupied with other projects, and have not played with the pneumatic target much lately, we will dig it out again once things calm down.