• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tikka Bolt Handle Preferences

Rrhodes1970

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2020
South Carolina
Hello all and happy to be here. So I have owned a Tikka CTR in .308 for a while but I just picked up a T3X Light Stainless in 6.5 CM and absolutely hate the stock bolt handle. I am looking at German Gun Stock's Handle but can't decide between Straight versus Swept back so here goes my first post and questions.

1. Straight or Swept?
2. Any Experience with this particular Bolt handle.
3. Any other recommendations?

BoltSS11.jpg

Tacticool%20Curved.jpg

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Sterk. He is @cannoncrossfire on here.

There is also anarchy outdoors, glades Armory, and mountain tactical.

I haven't gotten one yet but having Sterk here is a bonus. He also does very pretty shrouds. I'm going to go with him when I do. Not sure style yet though.

Make sure you make your way to the pinned Tikka thread. Lots of opinions on all of them in there.

I'm using the Anarchy Outdoors swept handle with a Badger bolt knob, and love it. But feel is a deeply subjective thing, so I can't say it'll work for you.

I have the Sterk swept back bolt knob on a T3x Tac and it's available in the left hand version. Very high quality and it feels better to me than the other styles. Almost like an AI.

Attachments

• Sterk 1.jpg
    Sterk 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Sterk 2.jpg
    Sterk 2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Looking to get a new handle and knob for my T3X, why do you guys like the swept back over straight?

I've had both. And I prefer the straight with stocks and the swept back with a chassis. I felt like the swept back was in the way on a stock.

I bought a rubber ball off of Amazon that slips over your existing bolt knob. It works suprisingly well. Doesn't look real cool but made bolt manipulation much easier.