• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Tikka T3 Bolt Shrouds

PhilM

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Brize Norton, UK
Well, like every other T3 owner, my plastic bolt shroud ended up in the bin!.

Unfortunately, I really didn't like any of the aluminium shrouds available, as they are all of a very "simple" design, hexagonal in shape.

Anyhow, I have designed and had CNC'd some new bolt shrouds in 6061-T5 Aluminium, they have been sandblasted and black anodised, and are nearly identicle to the standard T3 bolt shroud, keeping my T3 looking as it should.
I won't say they are exactly the same, of course there are some differences, but visually they are very very similar on the outside. Inside varies a lot more due to the fact they had to be CNC'd rather than injection moulded.

Anyway, pictures speak a thousand words;

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Hope you guys like them. I have had a few made so there will be a number available.

Re: New Tikka T3 Bolt Shrouds

Looks very nice. What's the cost for one?

Nice work PhilM, the plastic shroud is a joke I'm afraid so this is a great aftermarket add-on. PM sent on obtaining one.

Thanks for the comments.

We have priced these at £39.99 posted in the UK, and estimate they will be ~£45 posted to the USA (I should be able to confirm this figure by next week).

Sign me up. Mine hasn't broke yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Looks great.

Great to see more and more Tikka T3 tuning parts comming out, the more plastic you can get rid of on a T3 the better a rifle it becomes.

at 39 quid you aren't making much on them !! I'd be interested in your trade sales price. the rounded original shape complements a stalking rifle well.

don't forget if you're sending these outside the UK you need to apply for export licenses, getting cought out without isn't worth the risk.

rgds Pete