• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tikka t3 lite on the way and a few questions on upgrades

Frankr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
Well I have a 308 tikka t3 lite on the way and I wanted to make a few upgrades to it. I have looked over the various threads about tikka's and have a few questions.

1. Which bolt shroud and bolt knob?

I have been eyeing the Glades Armory bolt knob and shroud (because it's cheap and looks decent) but I haven't been able to find many reviews about them.

2. Right now I am going to be running a 1-6 power scope (primary arms) on it until I save up enough for a different scope and I am not sure which scope rings and height I am going to need especially when I put on a new charging handle. So what do you guys recommend?

3. For bottom metal I have been looking into the CDI bottom metal and installing it on the OEM stock. Is it true that I only have to modify the stock and not the action? Is this something I can do with hand tools or do I need a mill?

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks

Roedale Precision does bottom metal as does Lumley Arms. Hinterland shooting supplies does a good bolt shroud but Delta Tactical have a titanium offering from Sterk which is excellent.

If you're not gonna install a pic rail, Talley Light Weight rings. Lows will give you plenty of clearance for all 40-44MM objectives, and most 50MM's.

As far as the bolt knob and shroud go I went with the ones from hinterland and they are very well made. If you're going to get the CDI bottom metal you can send them your stock and they will cut it to fit for $60.

I have 2 of the Hinterland bolt / knobs & metal bolt shrouds on a couple T3s. Love them, however the bolt knobs are VERY large.

Very well made and fairly easy to install.

I have a new to me T3 260 Rem lefty coming my way this week and I'd like to find an alternative to the large bolt knob from Hinterland as this will likely be more of a hunting rifle.

Anyone know of what else might be available.

For me I'm not a fan of the CDI bottom metal if you have a Tikka T3 lite. If this is a hunting rifle it's a heavier addition plus you have to have the stock inletted. There's a company called Alutek that makes an aluminum bottom metal factory replacement for the T3's Welcome to AluTek. This way you have a stronger bottom metal replacement and mags without the additional cost of inletting.

MDT now has their Tikka T3 Chassis available.

I talked to these guys at the Tulsa gun show and was able to see some their offerings. Very nice stuff.

My left handed LSS chassis was made about a week ago. It's supposed to be back soon from the finisher and then off to me. My last conversations with them indicated they LSS Tikka models are going to be delivered soon. Don't know how many LH models they will have.

Do know my left handed hunting and shooting friend and I both have one coming our way soon.

MDT LSS Chassis for Tikka T3

You need to get the bolt fluted. LOL.

Paul

Actually thinking of a bolt & barrel fluting for my little 300 Blackout rig with the heavier barrel.

image163.jpg

Then it needs to have the metal Cera Koted, stock painted or dipped, and on and on.

These things are getting to be an addiction.

Thanks for the info guys. What do you guys think of the mdt lss chassis. I was just going to run with new bottom metal on the standard stock.

Bolt fluter it will probably end up at your shop eventually.

I will be cutting it to 16" and suppressing it also.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I payed with the MDT LSS at the Tulsa gun show. I was very impressed. They told me a couple weeks ago the Tikka LSS chassis are getting finished and should be available the end of the month. They want dome to show at SHOT next month so I'm sure they will be finished soon.

My left handed friend and I both had them make lefty LSS for us and our T3s. IT was a special order to get the left handed ones.

I'm trying to decide which T3 to put in the one I have ordered. I'm seriously leaning towards the 300 BLK, but it has a larger diameter barrel than standard T3 so I'll have to have it in hand to see if it'll fit properly.

If not, it'll be my 308.

It's all good!

I payed with the MDT LSS at the Tulsa gun show. I was very impressed. They told me a couple weeks ago the Tikka LSS chassis are getting finished and should be available the end of the month. They want dome to show at SHOT next month so I'm sure they will be finished soon.

My left handed friend and I both had them make lefty LSS for us and our T3s. IT was a special order to get the left handed ones.

I'm trying to decide which T3 to put in the one I have ordered. I'm seriously leaning towards the 300 BLK, but it has a larger diameter barrel than standard T3 so I'll have to have it in hand to see if it'll fit properly.

If not, it'll be my 308.

It's all good!
does be in the tactical stock for the Tikka have the flat forearm. Or does it have the tube style. on the website it shows the tube style.

Can't help you with that. Only looked at the LSS, not the tactical.

Don't think they currently make the Tactical chassis for the Tikka so I didn't pay any attention to it.

From my pics, looks like the LSS is flatter than the Tactical.