• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tikka TAC A1

mliebs

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017
Houston TX
I really wanted to buy the Bergara LRP but for some reason the Tikka just had a better feel to it. Anyway, now I need a scope and I'm ready to go.

Attachments

• IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: tna9001
It's a 6.5 CM. I thought about getting a .308 but I've read so many positive reviews of the 6.5 I decided go with it.

I got the PA Platinum 6-30 w/ DEKA reticle. I'm waiting on ADM 20 Moa mount. I'm 'thinking' about cancelling that order and getting a Spuhr locally from MHSA. BIG price difference though.

It's a Magpul K+ modified to fit.

Found a Spuhr mount locally and finally made it to the range.

First 36 rounds.

39641923031_d65f0634c6_c.jpg

I really wanted to buy the Bergara LRP but for some reason the Tikka just had a better feel to it. Anyway, now I need a scope and I'm ready to go.

I went in to Sportsmans Warehouse thinking I wanted the Bergara. Then after handling it, the Tikka, and the RPR, the Tikka was the clear preference for me.

But, at present, I'm really tempted to step up a bit more and get the Christensen MPA. As much as I like Tikka and my two CTRs, that MPA is just too tempting.

Range Part Duex.

All 5 shot groups at 100 indoors.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4676\/24807437047_a86318ef9a.jpg"}[/IMG2]

39645466612_6264d2c0b5.jpg

39645467002_f19e5bd83c.jpg

Damn, great results! Which ammo was used to produce the 2nd target that was done indoors?

I ordered a 4.5-27x56 Razor Gen 2 yesterday and plan on running the Vortex 1.45" rings on mine. I'm hoping that not having a 20 MOA rail doesn't hinder me much. I plan on doing most of my shooting in the 5-600 yard range but plan on going out to 1000 once in awhile.

Those indoor results are looking real good. Wish we had an indoor 100 yard range for those real cold days

Get a chance to shoot over a chrono with the new stick?

Picked up a Magnetospeed and went to the range yesterday. All factory ammo is slower than labeled with one exception. SD is in the 25 fps range. I'll try and post up some data points when I get a chance.

The Magnetospeed is super easy to set up and use. I actually unboxed in and mounted it w/o directions on the line at the range. I was a bit close to the bore but no exploding magnets.

Ordered one from grabagun for $1500 shipped Thursday. Price seemed to good to pass up. I have a Vortex AMG sitting in the safe waiting for it.

Hello:
I took my Tac A-1 out yesterday for the first time, all I have to say is WOW, with factory Hornaday 140 grain A MAX I was able to print a 1/4"group at 100 yards. That was my first time shooting this rifle and it was new out of the box, I would think it might even get a little better after break in. Only 13 rounds shot so far.
Very Happy, the picture of targets are LaRue with 1/2"quares
kenner

Attachments

• 20180119_134143.jpeg
    20180119_134143.jpeg
    879.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Finally got mine together yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2449 (1).JPG
    IMG_2449 (1).JPG
    506.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2452 (1).JPG
    IMG_2452 (1).JPG
    484.7 KB · Views: 109
Gun looks great. Hopefully you don’t always rock the bipod that close to the magwell (if you did for a barricade or something then disregard). Get it out further and you will have better stability.

Gun looks great. Hopefully you don’t always rock the bipod that close to the magwell (if you did for a barricade or something then disregard). Get it out further and you will have better stability.

I have limited space for it at my range.

Picked up a Magnetospeed and went to the range yesterday. All factory ammo is slower than labeled with one exception. SD is in the 25 fps range. I'll try and post up some data points when I get a chance.

The Magnetospeed is super easy to set up and use. I actually unboxed in and mounted it w/o directions on the line at the range. I was a bit close to the bore but no exploding magnets.

Series 1,2,8 and 9 are the same box of Hornady 140 gr. as well as 3 and 10 are the same box of Hornady 147 gr.

39801146171_598dfbd74a_o.jpg

Ordered one from grabagun for $1500 shipped Thursday. Price seemed to good to pass up. I have a Vortex AMG sitting in the safe waiting for it.

That price is outstanding. I paid $1583 shipped from G4G guns.

Beaverpelt/Jefe's Dope - O.K., how did you guys do that? I checked both sites and the price for a Tikka T3x TAC A1 $1798.

Thanks, I didn't know. I just was able to see the quote button. Don't know what was happening before.

Beaverpelt/Jefe's Dope - O.K., how did you guys do that? I checked both sites and the price for a Tikka T3x TAC A1 $1798.

I was searching the nets and just found it. Not sure why they've raised their price.

I went in to Sportsmans Warehouse thinking I wanted the Bergara. Then after handling it, the Tikka, and the RPR, the Tikka was the clear preference for me.

But, at present, I'm really tempted to step up a bit more and get the Christensen MPA. As much as I like Tikka and my two CTRs, that MPA is just too tempting.

I am in the similar position, I am looking for a second precision rifle to go along with my Sako TRG 22 so my wife and I can shoot and take classes together. My first thought was the Tikka, I saw the Christensen and it looked gorgeous but then I did a bit of research and the company seems to have a bit of quality control issues and at the price point I am scared of a lemon.

Any insight you have on the MPA would be helpful.

I am in the similar position, I am looking for a second precision rifle to go along with my Sako TRG 22 so my wife and I can shoot and take classes together. My first thought was the Tikka, I saw the Christensen and it looked gorgeous but then I did a bit of research and the company seems to have a bit of quality control issues and at the price point I am scared of a lemon.

Any insight you have on the MPA would be helpful.

My purchase is pending selling some rifles first. I bought two stainless CTRs in 6.5 thinking my brother in law would want to shoot one but hes not interested. So I need to decide if I sell the 20 or 24". I also have a new & unfired Savage 10 Ashbury Precision in 6.5 that I'm needing to sell before making another purchase. I did also read of some QC things with Christensen but was thinking there were a little while back and that they had their act together. I had a positive first interaction with them when asking about ordering one through Cabelas and they replied very quickly with full information on who to talk to and how to get it done. Also volunteered that wait time was about 12 weeks.

Thanks I also read that customer support was great, I'm still on the fence though.

You made a good choice...Christiansen guns are fucking trash.

Mine liked the Prime, didnt seem to do so will with the ELD in either 140 or 147, actually did okay with the Whitetail 129gr, have 100 total rounds through it. Still not as accurate as my Rem 700 in 308, hoping it is just more trigger time needed.
It will probably take a few hundred to 500 rounds to settle in...I would wait for round evaluation until then.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
How do you like the PA Platinum?

I like it a lot but I have very limited interaction with scopes. I have a couple of their lower end FFPs designed for holdover more than dialing. I have an ACOG which has superior glass and you can tell. I have two Eotech 3x which are both slightly better then the Aimpoint 3x I have.

Goofing around through a window in my house, I'm impressed. Out of the house has only been indoors at 100 yards. It's impressive there. But again, my frame of reference is limited. I'm going outside to 200 yards tomorrow and should be able to compare it to some others and get some feedback as well. I'll let you know. I can say with certainty that I really like the reticle thus far. Detailed but not busy.