• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to Applied Ballistics App for Android could use some help please.

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Hi, just downloaded the Applied Ballistics App for my Android phone. I choreographed 10 rounds to yield a value of 2591fps for my 6.5x47L 123gn Scenar projectile. It's a pretty interesting app and i'm just starting to play with it.

Is there a way to data transfer the program or at least the calculated dopes onto my Apple/Macbook Pro laptop?

I'm worried that i might lose or break my phone and lose all the data.

I'm hoping to add a few more calibers and rifles over the course of the year.

Also, is there a feature in the app to create a DOPE card directly from the app or does one generally just type up their own using the information gained from the app?.

thank you

The only way that I know of to export a dope card is to "send" when you have the dope card generated on the screen.
Screenshot_20200602-212958_Applied Ballistics.jpg

I make them for different DA's and send them to my email. I then use Excell to copy paste them into a pre-formatted spreadsheet so I can print, laminate, and put them on velco. It essentially arts and crafts gallore.

Keep in mind when you do this there's no way to turn off the aerodynamic jump. So if you want dope cards with 10mph wind built in from 90deg , you'll have that built into your solution even if you just plan on scaling that wind base on what you see. Total pain in the dick.

Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks....i didn't find the email function before you noted it above. Now i'll have to figure out the spreadsheet step.
appreciate the help

I didn’t want to start a new thread and I'm basically "New to Applied Ballistics App...." I have been using AB app on my Samsung phones for over 5 years but I'm age challenged. All updates have been allowed. Version 2.2.7 All bullet data was inputted from the Bullet Library.

My issue is that even though "Zero Range" is set at 100 yards on the app for each Firearm Library entry and in the field, the Trajectory Chart for all my rifles has changed showing zero at 2 distances now. This started about a year ago and I haven't been able to figure it out on my own.

I assume that it is in the app settings because it is affecting all my Trajectory Charts. I don't want to just start changing settings by the brail method. What setting needs to be changed to fix this issue?

This is my 6mm Creedmoor; my 338 Federal has different zeroed distances. I did not make any setting changes on purpose and have checked my firearm data to be what I originally inputted that was working before.

Screenshot_20201129-073023_Applied Ballistics 6mm Creedmoor.jpg

Applied Ballistics "calculates" Aerodynamic Jump and includes it in all of its solutions. This makes for a royal pain in the ass when trying to make printed drop charts that include wind drift.

Make your wind speed zero and it will go away.

Reactions: Holliday
Does coriolis, and spin drift need to be turned off for better results on app.
I find spin drift to be spot-on but if you are printing drop charts for unknown directions or not inputting your shot compass direction as you shoot, you would want Coriolis switched off.

Horizontal Coriolis is not affected by firing direction, only vertical. Horizontal Coriolis is effected by your latitude only, and will be the same deflection regardless of the direction of fire.

So Coriolis is very key to the direction you are firing as it will increase and decrease the vertical deflection. The amount by which is determined by your latitude as well.

Horizontal Coriolis is not affected by firing direction, only vertical. Horizontal Coriolis is effected by your latitude only, and will be the same deflection regardless of the direction of fire.

So Coriolis is very key to the direction you are firing as it will increase and decrease the vertical deflection. The amount by which is determined by your latitude as well.

Ok, I am confused. Seems you are speaking of calculations and inputs. I understand there is data inputed for my latitude and that the calculation uses that.

Are use saying for printed drop data or scope labels leave Coriolis on?