• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New to Atlanta!

adm845

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Life has gotten in the way so I haven't been on here in a while but I recently (a year ago) moved down to Atlanta. Finally got my rifles down here from my old home and went out shooting for the first time in ages last weekend. Sold my FNAR to a neighbor and we went down to the Charlie Elliot WMU range. Heard some other shooters talking about the Hide and it reminded me to get back on here and stalk the board again.
Any atlanta area guys no of any other good places to shoot down here? Hopefully some that reach out a little farther than the 100yds at the WMU?

Re: New to Atlanta!

Gunsite hills is fine place to shoot look here gunsitehills.com . Let me know when your coming to shoot I only live couple miles from there ... Isaac

What part of Atlanta did you move to?
I go to the Floyd County Wildlife Club up north of Rome, GA.
it's about a hour or so drive (depending on stopping for food) from Marietta.
http://www.floydcountywildlifeclub.com/
the dues are reasonable, good people, great club.
rifle only goes to 300, but it's quiet & a great location.

Fort Gordon (Augusta, GA) is about an hour and a half from you. Before taking rifles on base you have to have a background check done. Talk to "Damitboy" here on the hide. He could probably get the necessary paperwork for you.

Chip

South River Gun Club is about 45 min. from Atlanta (about 12 miles south of Conyers) and has a 300yd rifle range. More info at: Home

I've also shot at GunSite Hills, a very good facility not far from Athens that goes to 800 yards, and at Creekside, a little ways West of Cartersville, where they have a series of tactical matches running this year.