• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to bolt action :)

Corneliuss

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Just got my first rifle, Remington 700 5R .308 and a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP and couldn't be happier. I shot it for the first time on saturday, and while shooting a 5 shot group to zero in the scope @ 100 yards:
The first shot went an inch low
Three of the 5 rounds made a single hole.
The 5th shot went just left of the large single hole.

These were the first 5 shots out of my brand new rifle, the first 5 shots I have ever taken out of a bolt action rifle or any gun with a scope, and first 5 of the day. I was pretty proud
laugh.gif

Just thought I would share since I was pretty excited
smile.gif

Setup:
photo5.jpg

First group:
IMG_0958-1.jpg

Thanks for reading 8]

Re: New to bolt action :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good.

Stop biting your finger nails
grin.gif
</div></div>

haha I know. but they taste so good
wink.gif

Re: New to bolt action :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flatland308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! How do you like the stainless?</div></div>

I've only shot about 18 rounds through it lol. I haven't cleaned it yet, gonna order some stuff for that soon. I really like everything about the rifle though. Not as much kick as I expected at all, super accurate, and good looking. Once I clean it I can let you know how the stainless did.