• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new to cz

jippy1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
South Carolina
new to .22 precision, and ultra-new to cz
are dovetail to picatinny rail (a la area 419) the only way to go ?
or are they tapped as well?
or can they be tapped

picking up a 457 at-one tomorrow
patience is not a virtue

The rail mount isn't the only way to go, but I think it's the best option. Get a 30 MOA rail and then use your preferred rings.

You could just get 11mm dovetail rings.

I have a 20 MOA rail that was made by CZ (IIRC. Bought it used here). Threads into the bolt holes on the top of the receiver.

Works

I like the idea of the bubble level in the Area 419 rail but don't like the price

M

I think it varies rifle to rifle. My son’s Varmint is a tack driver. I doubt the MTR has anything on it.

I like the look of the boys stock, but I’m now wondering if the MTR varmint is the way to go from an accuracy standpoint.

I think the AT-one/boyds stock would last me for a while before I’d want to upgrade

I like the look of the boys stock, but I’m now wondering if the MTR varmint is the way to go from an accuracy standpoint.

I think the AT-one/boyds stock would last me for a while before I’d want to upgrade
I thought the same thing, now I own an MDT chassis…the ergonomics are much better.

How much accuracy am I leaving on the table, by getting the AT-one, versus one of the MTR actions
It's not the action, it's the match chamber from what I've been reading

If you're shooting PRS style matches, the At One may not be the best stock. Better than the cheaper versions (AMHIK) but not as good as a chassis (AMHIK)

If you find the ammo your rifle likes it should shoot nice, small groups

HTH

M

I went KRG Bravo in less than 6mos

The At One was better than my BMR's stock, but...

M
I started with the Varmint and Trainer versions of the 457. They both shot very well, kept the varmint in its stock and found an MTR barrel and swapped out the trainer, put that barreled action in the MDT. The varmint shoots excellent with SK Pistol Match , the MTR prefers SK Rifle Match. Oddly( and thankfully), neither liked Eley Tenex or anything Lapua.

I started with the Varmint and Trainer versions of the 457. They both shot very well, kept the varmint in its stock and found an MTR barrel and swapped out the trainer, put that barreled action in the MDT. The varmint shoots excellent with SK Pistol Match , the MTR prefers SK Rifle Match. Oddly( and thankfully), neither liked Eley Tenex or anything Lapua.
I went thru 13 different types of ammo in my BMR. It liked Center X and SK in the red box best. Close 3rd was TAC22 so that's what it got.

The CZ didn't get that. It gets TAC22 cause it doesn't seem to like CCI std velocity as much as the BMR and that's as far as I'm going to take that till I get better at positioning and building better positions

The CZ DID get a KRG chassis tho, so I guess that makes up for lack of ammo testing

M

Reactions: MCSO1357