• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to Hide, New GAP

Elohim1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
S.W. ohio
I bought this rifle a while ago off a guy who had it for four years and never shot it. I am waiting on my 8.5x25x55 FFP Mark 4 leupold to arrive. It is a .308 and built on a remington 700 action.

I am going to break barrel in per GAP instructions. I do not know the twist on the barrel. the fellow aid it was a rock barrel. It is 26" long.

I have alot of federal Gold medal match 168 BTHP rds.

I assume it should shoot well with it.

What do you think?

1i29fp.jpg

2n0vqjr.jpg

2zsw4mu.jpg

2nu2fsh.jpg

Re: New to Hide, New GAP

Love that stock!

Oh, and it will shoot better than you. So, SHOOT IT! Let us know how you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Railguner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cronh's or colitis?

Great buy! </div></div>

Crohns Had 3 ft of intestine taken out 1 year. Ago because it perforated.

Thanks for the comments fellows.

That was my thoughts.

I have a GAP 308 with 1-12 twisted Rock. Shoots 175 SMKs very well. 44gr of Varget, or 43.5gr R-15 shoot equally well.....

I have a box of 100 168 SMKs and 80 168 A-maxes here that I would let go, if you are interested in trying them......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a box of 100 168 SMKs and 80 168 A-maxes here that I would let go, if you are interested in trying them...... </div></div>

I have used the Amax in the .50 bmg. They shoot great. I usually use moly coated in the 168bthp. However, Gap says not to use moly to break in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think?</div></div>

You and your stick suck balls and I will never post in your " My GAP is AWASOME " threads .
laugh.gif

No , for real , NICE score !! Keep this thread alive when you get the scope and a first range report . You've jumped in feet first with a top notch rifle . May the Gods of the SpiralTube be kind to you .