• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to LR from California

rumline

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Kalifornia
Hi everybody, I'm new to long range shooting, and "formal" rifle shooting in general. I've just been a plinker up until now. I'm also a skeet shooter and I've tried my hand at USPSA. Anyway I've been lurking here for several months, and I'm really impressed with the quality information I've found so far. Can't wait to hit my first bullseye at 400 yards!

Welcome, even though you're on the Left coast, I won't hold that against you. It's a great new adventure that I fell into about 1 year ago now and absolutely love. Get ready and get your wallet well lubed. 400 yards will be nothing once you get started and even 1000 yards can seem boring in ideal conditions. You've found the best site on the web to get any question or concern quickly answered by knowledgeable, experienced and friendly people. Good luck and have fun in this new endeavor. Just remember, no matter your budget, get something and start practicing, since that is the only way you can learn. What seems simple in print, can be very difficult in reality. Read and reread the Stickys on Optics and Caliber choices to determine what might suit your needs the best. Then start asking questions both here and at the range and be "humble" and listen and annalise the answers. You'll find that most serious shooters will always be willing to help. Great bunch!!!