• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New (to me) experience

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I attempted to shoot my first F class match today. I say attempted because they were out of the F class targets so we ended up shooting at the 500yd targets instead. Very humbling and a huge learning experience, I plan to shoot more of them if possible.

Anyway, as I was lying at the 1000yd line and watching the wind conditions when I saw my reticle move. It jumped to the right about 1.5MOA for no apparent reason and I heard a very faint click when it did. Now I'm wondering if I have a major issue or if something "hung up" and popped loose in there. I wish I would have gotten an indication while firing the rest of my string but the combination of a nasty fishtailing wind and my shaken confidence after watching the reticle move I shot like shit at 1000.

Anyone else seen this? My plan is to work the windage knob back and forth between stops until my wrist gets tired then shoot a box drill the next time I'm out. It's either that or pull the scope and send it in for a checkup.

Thoughts?