• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new to site need alot of help please

wrath

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2010
cassville ga
Building a new rifle need info on mcm stock remington action probly a 308 thinking about an a4 any advice good stock or need to purchase one better or is there better trying to build a tac/long range gun maybe a better cal sugestions please

Re: new to site need alot of help please

Time for you to start doing a lot of reading. Maybe if you fill out your profile someone in your AO will take pity on you and share a clue or two.

Alternatively, try ar15.com, plenty of experts there.

Welcome.

Tank-you

Sorry didnt realize that was important not very good on an computer either ive read alot on mcm stocks and hs stock just got burned with a gun build told the man what i wanted and got somthing totally diffrent so just dont want to make the same mistake again it was costly and if you wouldnt mind whats an ao

Re: Tank-you

Thank you Northwest Georgia. I'm just trying to learn been looking over this site seen a wealth of information

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ultimate sniper stock, plaster rules </div></div>

AWWW MAN

a lot is going to depend on the type of shooting your gonna do prone or bench or both. The best is to go to a gun store (hopefully a well stocked one) and get behind some different stocks if you can. I have an a-2 and an a-4 I like them both. it would be your pref as to an adjustable cheek or not. DO NOT buy just cause a stock looks good, the more the stock fits you the more accurately you should be able to shoot
grin.gif

What are you looking at doing with your rifle, how far do you plan to shoot, do you reload, what caliber are you looking for alot of things should be looked at when doing a build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry didnt realize that was important not very good on an computer either ive read alot on mcm stocks and hs stock just got burned with a gun build told the man what i wanted and got somthing totally diffrent so just dont want to make the same mistake again it was costly and if you wouldnt mind whats an ao </div></div>

Someone really needs to go back to their grammar school books and learn about punctuation.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but it's tough to give advice when one can't decipher what it is you've written.

aww eleaf yu arr. beeng waa too kritikill? On hmm hee is jst ascking four ugh ltle helpp wit hizz . 3o8 rifel ann thouht hee kuld ,probly geat sum hellp
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry didnt realize that was important not very good on an computer either ive read alot on mcm stocks and hs stock just got burned with a gun build told the man what i wanted and got somthing totally diffrent so just dont want to make the same mistake again it was costly and if you wouldnt mind whats an ao </div></div>

Someone really needs to go back to their grammar school books and learn about punctuation.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but it's tough to give advice when one can't decipher what it is you've written.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ultimate sniper stock, plaster rules </div></div>

Do not listen to this guy, he is the devil. Hahahahahaha!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry didnt realize that was important not very good on an computer either ive read alot on mcm stocks and hs stock just got burned with a gun build told the man what i wanted and got somthing totally diffrent so just dont want to make the same mistake again it was costly and if you wouldnt mind whats an ao </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I'm trying to give you a hard time, because I'm a penis.</span> </div></div>

There, I fixed it for you. Baahaahaahaa!
laugh.gif

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone really needs to go back to their grammar school books and learn about punctuation.</div></div>
Punctuation is over-rated. Have you seen the way the youth write these days? All of the "texting" that they do has completely ruined any sort of formal writing ability. That will really impress a potential employer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Building a new rifle need info on mcm stock remington action probly a 308 thinking about an a4 any advice good stock or need to purchase one better or is there better trying to build a tac/long range gun maybe a better cal sugestions please</div></div>

my advice to you is.......shoot heroin, its cheaper in the long run

Well im not around any good gun shops that im aware of. I have a 308 and a 300 rum both police remington 700.Just wanted a tact rifle. Will shoot mostly prone. Would enjoy long range would like to shoot to 1000 or learn should i say.I do reload and have a good bit of powder & primers to choose from. Dont know where i could get behind an a-4 but read they are good dont have matches around here so im just asking for some heip thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well im not around any good gun shops that im aware of. I have a 308 and a 300 rum both police remington 700.Just wanted a tact rifle. Will shoot mostly prone. Would enjoy long range would like to shoot to 1000 or learn should i say.I do reload and have a good bit of powder & primers to choose from. Dont know where i could get behind an a-4 but read they are good dont have matches around here so im just asking for some heip thanks.... </div></div>

Damn.

eleaf, please except my sincerest apologies.

-Pat

Wrath,

Take a look at the bottom of my signature and click on that link. It’s a custom Google search engine that searches only within the Hide. It will help you navigate through the Hide with ease.

-Pat

Thank-you sorry about spelling puntuation and everything else.Just behinde the times should have paid attention in school also .Thanks again.

All seriousness aside. How old are you?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank-you sorry about spelling puntuation and everything else.Just <span style="font-weight: bold">behinde</span> the times should have paid attention in school also .Thanks again.</div></div>

Wrath, there is a pretty good range in your neck of the woods at a placed called Creekside Rifle range. I will PM you the link.

Will be 35 this year.I didnt finish school and when i was supposed to be there i wasnt. So i dont want trouble just some help i dont know thats why im asking.I am wanting to learn and do better thanks again.

Hi wrath, welcome!

Guys here probably answered to more than 100 post about opinions on how to build their first rifle, picking out their first optics, etc... So you got to understand where they are coming from.

I can not give you good enough advices as Im also new in LR shooting, but if you are looking for good advice, try reading more post on the Hide and most of the questions are covered before. And it will give you a better idea on how to address your questions. Try your best on writing your questions in sentences, paragraphs. Give more information so people can help you better.

From my guess, you are asking questions about the MCM stocks, A4 to be exact. You can not go wrong with MCM stocks, but which model will be depending on what you are using this rifle for.

Give us more info, and some of the more experienced members will chip in their thoughts.

Good luck~

Dyl..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpermd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ultimate sniper stock, plaster rules </div></div>

AWWW MAN</div></div>

lol, you killing me!

Wrath,

No sweat man, glad I could help. Keep a nice thick skin on your hide around here, because these guys love to razz folks. You are going to get hazed for a bit but it’s worth it. They’re really a bunch of good guys and have a ton of helpful information to share. They just want you to look for yourself and when you can’t find it, most will help. You’ve a shit ton of reading to do, but the more you do, the more you will learn.

Good luck,

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Building a new rifle need info on mcm stock remington action probly a 308 thinking about an a4 any advice good stock or need to purchase one better or is there better trying to build a tac/long range gun maybe a better cal sugestions please</div></div>

my advice to you is.......shoot heroin, its cheaper in the long run </div></div>

Listen to Boltripper, very sound advise right there!
Also check out www.gunsitehills.com

Wrath,

Welcome!! Hope your skin is thick!

I'm by no means a great LR shooter, but I once was a newbie like you. here's what I've learned:

If you don't know which caliber you need then go with a .308 to start. You'll learn a lot with that caliber and good match ammo is easy to find.

I'd start off with a good factory "tactical" rifle instead of a build. use the money you save on ammo, range time, and instruction.

Rifles like the Remmy 700 SPS tactical (you may want to replace the stock), the Remmy 700PSS (if you like that stock), and the Savage 10 FCP with either a McMillan A5 or HS precision stock come to mind as good choices. I personally chose the Savage with McM A5 stock.

Don't skimp on rings and base. Run the best you can. I hear people recommend Badger, Seekins, USO, and Nightforce for good rings and bases. I run a Badger base and Seekins rings.

Get the best glass you can now, and don't get too hung up on magnification. Something with a max of about 16 power will do just dandy for most applications. my first LR scope was a 8-32x Burris. I soon realized I had WAY too much magnification and not enough quality.

Most top tier glass has a lifetime warranty, and as you learn and progress to better rifles and calibers you'll already have good glass for it.

Definitely get a scope with matching adjustments and reticle (MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, or IPHY/IPHY). Brands like Nightforce, Vortex, Premier Reticles, S&B, US Optics, and Hensoldt get thrown around here a lot. I run a Premier Reticles 3-15.

If most of your shooting will be from the bench or prone, you're going to want a bipod. I can HIGHLY recommend the Atlas bipod. I've used the versapod and harris. The Atlas blows them away.

Hope this Helps,
LM

Stocks are a very personal thing. Some stocks will fit you better than the guy next to you. Some poeple don't like a certain kind of stock, others do.

There really are only two way to find which one works best for you. You can either buy them all (expencive) or you can try out other shooter's setups.

A stock does not make a rifle tactical. You said you own a Rem 700 Police in 308. That is a great rifle. I would personally tell you to shoot the shit out of that rifle. Learn to use it well.

Along the way, you will have oportunities to get behind others rifles. If you are at the range and see a guy shooting an AICS, ask him to try it on, tell him you are thinking about a new stock. Most shooters are pretty cool about stuff like that and will let you see if it fits you.

Next time you are at the range, you might see a guy running a Mcree or a Manners or an A4...

I just bought a nightforce scope. nxs 5.5-22-56 badger rail and rings ive been reading alot now i need to spend alot of time behind the guns. The scope will be in today. I need to purchase one more and will be ready to get started. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP