• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to the forum

mzvarner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2013
Spokane, WA
Since I am new thought I would start with a rifle introduction.

Started life as a Cabelas custom run Remington 700 sps varmint with 20" heavy barrel.
Thru a pillar bedded Hogue stock on it ( so now it's the AAC-SD)
Scope will be here Tuesday. I ordered a Vortex viper HS 4-16x50.

This build is not as nice or precision specific as most of what's on here but this is my "do all" build. I plan to use it for hunting so the weight is ok for the few times a year ill carry it. And the rest of the time I should be fairly a curate at distance.

Looking forward to the knowledge ill gain from this forum

Welcome and a nice start for a rifle. I know some guys have run into issues with the Hogue stocks as they flex enough to contact the barrel which can have a negative effect on accuracy. It should be a good solid shooter and that should be a decent first scope!

Welcome to site, now go hide your credit cards!!
Derrick300
Mine is red hot but i am still trying to grab it; I sometimes succeed and I barely feel any guilt. May be we should have "Meetings" where we would seat in a circle, starting our sentences with "Hi, my name is ... , I am a shooter/hunter and I have a problem"
F... that! Lets enjoy what we do, Carpe Diem!
mzvarner
Good combo to start with, run good ammo through your new stick.
Have fun and good shooting.
Ombre noire

This build is not as nice or precision specific as most of what's on here but this is my "do all" build. I plan to use it for hunting so the weight is ok for the few times a year ill carry it. And the rest of the time I should be fairly a curate at distance.

Looking forward to the knowledge ill gain from this forum

Nice rig. It's not always about the build. It's about trigger time. I've seen a lot of average guns in good hands do some pretty amazing things.

BTW, welcome from Spokane. =)

Here it is, the finished product! a few different groupings are attached as well. I was only able to make it to 100 yards for zeroing but i am very happy with the results. Not to bad for a stock rifle, a stock no one likes, and a shimmed action as seen on Lonewolf's Youtube channel. Each grouping is 3 shots from 100 yards. The one that looks like a flyer was from zeroing (I am cheap and reuse the hell out of targets). I was shooting Hornady 168gr zombie max because I was told that this rifle shoots it well.

Nice groups. My buddy has the same gun and his staright from the factory shoots one ragged hole at 100 yards. He hasn't shot it past that due to lack of time but he has ordered a B&C stock, timney trigger and muzzle brake and after these add ons it should be more ergonomic and better and longer ranges. The only thing I question to him was if it is shooting one ragged hole now with factory ammo, there isn't a whole lot more the gun can do. I know these upgrades will assist his groups in further range shooting but I think he mainly wants it for 100 - 300 yards shooting and to be "tacticool."

Seems like those remington factory 700's can shoot. I have seen numerous one ragged hole 700's straight from the factory with factory match ammo.