• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New Toy Money-TBAC, Bottom Metal or .260 Build?

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    So I recently came into some extra cash and have this huge dilemma.

I'm considering getting a TBAC, because I have wanted a .308 can forever, and I might as well start the process now when I have the etra cash.

As far as bettering my equipment for competition though, I have read some articles by Zach Smith about the .260 Rem and am thinking about a build on a savage. Also I would like to add bottom metal and mags to my Savage 10.

So what should be my first step? I'm thinking I should get the eternal wait started with a TBAC, and MAYBE save up enough between now and then to do bottom metal and some mags. The Suppressor will tame my .308 hopefully to almost the recoil of a .260, and then when I can do that build I can use the TBA with it too!

What do you guys think? Does having a detatchable mag help you guys in certain competitions alot? How about the can? Let me know!

Re: New Toy Money-TBAC, Bottom Metal or .260 Build?

If you want a can, get the can. Have a brake installed on the 308 for the time being. When the can arrives, you're ready to rock. As far as the mags being a benefit in comps, it really depends on the format. At the Rayners Sniper challenge, there were 2 stages where you needed 4 rounds max. At Thunder Valley, the matches allow you to single load. A dbm may not be required but, they sure look cool. If you're wanting a 260 barrel for your savage, buy one of the Criterian barrels at savage shooters. Less than $400 and install it yourself.

i always hate dilemmas like this... i vote TBAC, then 260.

Get the tbac and build the savage while you wait. I love my garage built savage. Never thought I would say that. Lol

The TBAC is awesome.
    I've got the 30P-1, on the advice of some of the local guys, and have never looked back.

Go with the can. The chance of upgrading, rebarreling or selling a gun is pretty high, but you'll have a good can for life.

I wouldn't have expected any different responses. I, too, would go with the can. Save up the money for the 260 build while you wait for the can.

Form 4 lead times are running about a month longer than they were mid-summer. Expect 5+ month wait. It is better to start the transfer sooner rather than later. Also, with the holidays and year end vacations, I would bet things slow down even a little more with the ATF.

So...can? Ha. I think it makes the most sense, and will be freaking awesome to shoot. I am going to buy it and forget about. Then this summer when it shows up it will be better than Christmas!

Can. Get in line and do your other projects in the mean time.

Get the item that will take the longest to get... the can. TBAC is an awesome company. I love my 30P-1 (on a 260 btw).

Then save your money for the 260.

Detachable mags are a nice feature, but I'd put that last on the list of your options. Do they help in competitions? Depends on the format of the competition. Some comps I've been too require you to load a round for each target (before you shoot), meaning you have time to drop a round in the action if you want. Other comps are much more time dependent where you have to engage various targets in a set time limit (however you wish); in this case, the detachable mags do help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scap99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TBAC is awesome.
    I've got the 30P-1, on the advice of some of the local guys, and have never looked back. </div></div>

same boat for me. Can the 308, then build the 260 is EXACTLY what I am doing.

My problem is that I've put together 2 rifles since sending off for my 30P-1, and I'm still waiting.

Get the can. I have yet to shoot any of my other rifles since I bought my TBAC 338P-1.