• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors new toy **range up date**

rogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2008
Tennessee USA
stippled the grip. feels so much better in my hand and no slip.

[img:center][/img]

31 degrees outside and windy brrrrrr. each target 30 rounds at 7 yards. new pistol 100 rounds fired total no malfunctions. I am not a good shot and the errors are consistent. Can some one tell me why I am shooting some of these rounds low?? first target really sucked not included

Re: new toy **range up date**

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlrs308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can some one tell me why I am shooting some of these rounds low?? </div></div>

Yes, low left (for a right handed shooter) is an indication of anticipating recoil, otherwise known as "flinching."

Thanks extreme I will keep that in mind next time.

arcorey thats perfect just what i needed

The target link has this (Thanks for that link by the way!), but just in case you want a little extra on grouping low and left...

Low is usually from anticipating recoil, either jerking the wrist down in anticipation of recoil or jerking the trigger to the rear.

Left is from "milking" the grip. You want the grip to be firm, but not white-knuckle firm and when you pull the trigger, you should ONLY move your trigger finger. Milking it refers to all of your finger tightening as you squeeze the trigger and can rotate the gun to the left (for right handers.)

One further observation, just for the heck of it... your week/support hand should squeeze even tighter than your firing hand. It helps a lot with recoil control, lock your left hand over your right. Try up to and including a white-knuckled weak-hand grip. Just don't squeeze so hard that your hand shakes.

Nice looking pistol,
Nate

thank you nate for the instruction. i was gripping really tight with the shooting hand because i thought i had to. I will reverse that to the off hand. feels more comfortable i think

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EXTREMEPREJUDICE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlrs308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can some one tell me why I am shooting some of these rounds low?? </div></div>

Yes, low left (for a right handed shooter) is an indication of anticipating recoil, otherwise known as "flinching." </div></div>

I like to call it "pre-ignition push". I shoot a pistol a lot but it doesn't take long for that damn flinch to creep back in there! You just have to shoot more and accustom yourself to what happens when the striker falls.

i did the grip stippling myself. first i did a google search for instructions, read alot, search google "pistol grip stippling". second got a 10 dollar soldering iron at walmart and used it to practice stippling on that useless mag loader that come with the gun. also practiced on one of the backstraps i will not use. practiced for one day and got the look i wanted by just barely touching the the plastic with the soldering iron.

I TAPED!!! I TAPED!!! off every where on the grip i did not want that soldering iron burning (accident my ass). I went very slow and the actual soldering stippling took about 5 hours. (only one shot to get it right took my time!)

Hey man, that stippling came out pretty nice :} I've actually been eyeing the 3.8 since it came out. I'm not a huge fan of the grip safety, but its a nice gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlrs308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div> nice knife who make it
thanks bryan

I second the increase in grip strength/tension (the pinky squeeze before the shot)lowering your shot group. Take an unloaded handgun and squeeze the grip tighter with your pinky finger, you will see the front sight dip down (I almost always shoot low if I have not shot a handgun in a while). The majoriy of all your grip strength (in flexion, comes from your 5th digit (pinky). A constant equal pressure will stop this "drop" in your shot. Also a heavier bullet will hit higher than a lighter bullet. Good luck. Try shooting your gun "loose-handed," with only enough grip strength to keep the handgun from coming out of your hands, and I bet your shots come up on target.