• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Triad Product: Rifle Ammo Pouch (RAP)Updated

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
P8100009%20copy.jpg

PB190007.jpg

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Rifle-Ammo-Pouch.html

Triad Tactical Rifle Ammo Pouch (RAP)

The RAP is sized to hold twenty round of rifle ammo.

The standard size will hold 223Rem, 260Rem, 308Win, 6.5x284 and up to 30-06(or other similar sized rounds).
The magnum size will hold 30-06, 300WM and 338LM(or other similar sized rounds).

The bullet tips are covered by a strip of webbing to keep them protected. When folded, the RAP is approximately 4"x7".

Each of the fold out side panels has a clear window that is 3" wide and 7" tall. This area can be used to carry ballistic data, comms info, range cards or anything else that you might need quick access to while in a shooting position (favorite carry-out menu!).

The pouches are MOLLE system compatible and are shipped with two short MALICE clips (Tactical Tailor).
The pouches can also be attached to older style ALICE gear or be used on a belt.

This is a proprietary product of Triad Tactical, manufactured in the USA.

P8100005.jpg

P8100007.jpg

They are in stock in all these colors:
P5210009%20copy-02.jpg

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Rifle-Ammo-Pouch.html

Thanks

Re: New Triad Product: Rifle Ammo Pouch (RAP)

Very nice!!!

It entered imediatally on my wish list...

Does a 30-06 cartridge fits?

I hate you steve, I order something new becuase I like it, and then three days later you come out with something else I like!!!

Never ending!!

12 hours and already sold out of OD green. Any idea when more will come in?

That looks very nice... and I agree where is the 338/300 one LOL

keep up the great work Steve!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about one in .300WM </div></div>

Trying to work it up for 300/338 now.

Nice. Good use of those side flappy things

Random suggestion:

How about a "tear away" version with velcro on the back of the pouch itself, and then a panel with the molle backing with the other side of the velcro --- this would allow the pouch to be carried on a belt or pack or whatever, but and then torn off and opened up next to your shooting position. When time to move again, fold up, slap back onto the velcro panel on the belt/pack, and off you go.

I'm trying to picture some place to put it on the rifle. This would be perfect on the other side of a cheek pad or stock pack.

looks like a copy of the eagle foldable ammo pouch (that triad is also selling at http://www.triadtactical.com/Foldable-Ammo-Pouch-.308-CAL.html) with the (yes, i fully admit it to be a veeery good idea) the clear window in the wings.

what i probably wouldn't like about the triad model - the plastic clips. i just don't like the sound of them (when you open them, when they scratch over stone, ... but then i also don't like that on the tab gear shooting mat). here the eagle system with the 'positive tension release system' is (from my point of view) better.

triad, if you'd add that option on the locking mechanism, i might just send you back the two eagle and swap them for your new pouch in ranger green.

edit: just noticed that the eagle is about 10 usd/piece (or 30%) cheaper ... hrm ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M700Love</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12 hours and already sold out of OD green. Any idea when more will come in? </div></div>

Sorry about that. The OD have not arrived yet, they should be here inside a week. When they arrive, I will have 25 of them in OD just waiting for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
what i probably wouldn't like about the triad model - the plastic clips. i just don't like the sound of them (when you open them, when they scratch over stone, ... but then i also don't like that on the tab gear shooting mat). here the eagle system with the 'positive tension release system' is (from my point of view) better.

deleted

edit: just noticed that the eagle is about 10 usd/piece (or 30%) cheaper ... hrm ... </div></div>

I used the Eagle version for years and found two things that I did not like about the metal hook closure that they use;
1. The hooks rust. In my case,over time it caused the webbing loop to wear out so the hook would not hook...
2. I found the hooks unhooked when they should have been hooked. Crawling or body position would cause them to open.

As for the pricing, yes we currently have the Eagle version in stock at a lower price. When that supply is gone, made in the USA replacement inventory will cost aprox 50%.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the Eagle version for years and found two things that I did not like about tmetal hook closure that they use;
1. The hooks rust. In my case,over time it caused the webbing loop to wear out so the hook would not hook...
2. I found the hooks unhooked when they should have been hooked. Crawling or body position would cause them to open.
</div></div>

@ 1: okay. mine have not rusted (yet). that might be a point at some time. i fully agree/see your point.
@ 2: has not happened yet.

any idea about alternative hooks/fixing elements? like the strips from the tab gear map fiddled through the double rings ... but then this is awfully slow to open when you need them. maybe something else crosses my mind.

I would be in fo a 338 ammo carrier as well.

An improved FAP! Cool.

I never really like the metal clips either, and the plastic sleeves and MOLLE attachment is much better than the orginal.

Receive mine in coyote few days ago and very happy with it ,i will print elevation and windage chart to put in the plastic pouch and this ammo pouch will be a very usefull thing when used on my gunslinger 2!

I'l be waiting for the .300 Win Mag version too !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">id take one in 300 winmag too </div></div>

So will I.

Definitely in for a 338 Lapua version if / when they're available.

Waiting for my one comming with my last order ...
smile.gif
hope to add my suggestion as soon as i will tet it!

Everytime good products @ triadtactical !

The magnum/long action option has been added to the site. The first run is in production now. I will add some photos and sizing info over the weekend.

I saw some of these on the Thunderbeast Team Match prize table. They looked very cool.

Gonna have to order a couple.

I updated the OP with new info on the Magnum version. The MRAP is not yet in stock, but you can fill out the back in stock notice in the product description so you get an email as soon as they arrive.

The Triad RAP is an excellent product! I have both the standard and magnum in coyote brown. I plan on ordering more.