• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New trigger for 700 5r

Re: New trigger for 700 5r

I put a 1.5 pound Timney 512 in my 5R. Heck of an improvement. Just make sure the trigger is centered before torquing the stock (it's a bit wider than the factory trigger).

Where is the best place to buy a Timney trigger and do you buy it with the safety?? On their website it's listed at $129. I already have a Rem700 with the X mark Pro trigger and been looking to upgrade.

I just installed a Jewell for right at $200 shipped. I have heard the Jewell's get dirty easy but every gun I hunt and shoot with have the same trigger and I have never had any issues. The reason I use Jewell is so that all my guns "feel" the same when I shoot.

You can still find some old style Remington 700 triggers around, they are very reliable and once properly set are very nice and don't give very much up to the aftermarket triggers. I picked one up here on the hide a few days ago for about $60, JMO.

Jewell triggers are 200 shipped at Midway with a code.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the best place to buy a Timney trigger and do you buy it with the safety?? </div></div>

I got my Timney with safety (#510) from Brownells. Installation only took 5 mins and I like it a lot better than the x mark pro my AAC-SD came with. Stays more consistent at lower adjustments than the factory trigger and feels better IMHO.

Link: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25035/Product/REMINGTON_700_TRIGGER_WITH_SAFETY

Another vote her for greatscottshooters. Sent him funds and recieved my Jewell for $205 or so in under 3 days.

I like the Shilen trigger. Go to their website and take a look. They offer 2 triggers. Be sure to get the one that IS NOT for benchrest.

David

Get a Huber concepts 2 stage trigger, awesome. $250, check in the group buy section for the link as it still works, you won't regret it.

I have Jewell, Rifle Basix, and Timney. That is the order I rate them in.

With that said, I prefer the RB on my hunting rifles because the lever feels the best to me. The RB lever is a wide-grooved, similar to the Timney, but breaks just a bit more crisp IMO

I really like the Jewell trigger. The only beef I have is the narrow shoe. Maybe someday the Jewell folks will realize that more people than just benchrest shooters are using them.

Tip: Make sure you give the Jewel a little more overtravel than what comes from the factory. In fact, there is almost no overtravel when shipped.

We aren't shooting 6BR's, mostly heavier recoiling rifles and the extra overtravel allows the bullet to depart the barrel before you hit the stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a Remington 40X trigger in mine. </div></div>
Please, tell us more. Is it good? Do you like it?

Love em,it's an externally adjustable factory Remington trigger.
Guns982.jpg