• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Trijicon AccuPower 4.5-30x56

Doogie

Minuteman
Aug 31, 2011
Lake Point, UT
Haven’t seen talk about the new AccuPower here so figured I’d kick it off.

Had the pleasure of shooting The Guardian Long Range match this weekend in Hot Springs, SD.

Grateful for the 4 day experience. Huge shout out to Ryan Wood and the Trijicon, Inc. group for putting their AccuPower 4.5-30x56 scope/Mount on the table. I was fortunate enough to grab said scope.

Was able to mount it (albeit a bit high @40 MOA) for some prairie dog shooting the next day.
B838E2DB-4C87-4DB4-8588-231A6115CEC6.jpeg

ELD glass quality looked fantastic.
Reticle is a non busy Christmas tree style with floating dot.
Vertical travel of 29.1 MRAD/100 MOA.
Horizontal of 14.5 MRAD/50 MOA.
Red/Green Illumination with varying settings.

Would highly recommend taking a look.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RS30-C-1900033

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyzrd
Last couple of years was the Gen I XRS. Running the Gen II XRS this year with H59 Ret. Definitely like it over the XRS II glass.

Unfortunately I didn’t have anything else out with me to do a real visual side by side comparison but I believe the glass will run with the other usual PRS suspects (RZR HD II, Khales, Minox, etc.)

I was kind of wanting to hold off before commenting on the turrets until I talked with Trijicon. The vertical turrets felt great. Good audible click, not TT loud but fine for me.

Bu the windage turret felt a bit mushy, hence wanting to talk to Trijicon. I imagine the vertical and horizontal system they use would be the same. However the wind turret is smaller so that may explain the difference.

Also forgot to mention the ocular adjustment is super smooth. Included the thumb exposed/raised adjuster which can be placed in two different locations.

I bought one today from Eurooptics for $1768.

This is my cherry popper in the world of long range shooting and serious glass. I bought primarily based on the reputation of Trijicon and my experience with their ACOGs and RMR lines.

This will primarily be used on a R700 5r 308 for precision shooting.

Hope I did not F it up.....

I bought one today from Eurooptics for $1768.

This is my cherry popper in the world of long range shooting and serious glass. I bought primarily based on the reputation of Trijicon and my experience with their ACOGs and RMR lines.

This will primarily be used on a R700 5r 308 for precision shooting.

Hope I did not F it up.....
Not enough out there to say anything meaningful, but from what i've seen so far, I don't think you will go wrong with it.

Reactions: Sainte70
At that price you’ve made a solid choice especially for a first LR optic.

Messaged their Prdt Mgr yesterday and they are looking at an August release.

He agreed the wind turret feels a bit mushy and found that loosening the cap a smidge seems to help some. Tried it but could not discern a difference.

Delta Optics Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 is same scope with different sticker on it and in many cases much better price and some alternative reticles
I don't see them for better prices anywhere.

I have not asked Trijicon, and very well may, but those two scopes are clearly not the same. Being built on the same basic formula does not make them the same. Do you have any idea what the internal specs are for either scope? Clearly the turrets are different, who knows what else is and where they decided to save money.

Reactions: Philotimos
What’s their warranty? Old accupoints where crap for warranty. This from personal experience on a hunting rig.

Lifetime along the line of Vortex or Leupold? I’d qualify that before purchasing. May just be manufacturing defects.

Trijicon:

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Trijicon warrants that products manufactured by Trijicon will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.
TARS®, VCOG®, LED ACOG®, AccuPower®, MGRS™, MRO®, MRO Patrol®, SRS®, RMR® (LED and Adjustable LED Versions):
Electronics are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship during normal use for a period of five (5) years from date of original manufacture.
AccuPin® Bow Sight:
The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for twelve (12) years in the bow sight from date of original manufacture.
ACOG® Crossbow Scope, ACOG®, MGRS MAG™, Reflex, RMR® (Dual-Illuminated Version), AccuPoint®:
The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for fifteen (15) years in fiber optic scopes and ten (10) years in non-fiber optic scopes from date of original manufacture.
Bright & Tough™ and HD™ Night Sights:
The green tritium lamp is warranted to glow for twelve years from date of original manufacture. For the Bright & Tough Night Sights, the yellow lamp is warranted for 12 years and the orange lamp is warranted for 5 years from date of original manufacture. (NOTE: HD Night Sights only come with green lamps.)
HD™ Binoculars and HD™ Spotting Scope:
The standard limited lifetime warranty applies for these products (see above).
SPECIAL NOTE: Many Trijicon PRODUCTS CONTAIN TRITIUM AND ARE REGULATED BY THE NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION. THEY MAY NOT BE DISASSEMBLED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN TRIJICON, INC WHICH HOLDS THE NECESSARY LICENSES. Any attempt at disassembly or repair will annul this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
CERAKOTE WARRANTY: Cerakote is a ceramic painting process that is applied over the normal hard anodized aluminum surface. While it is durable, Cerakote could scratch, dent and/or chip if care is not taken. As such, the Cerakote paint is not warranted against surface damage. The product will continue to be protected by the hard anodized coating, even if the Cerakote surface is damaged.

WARRANTY

CCAS®:
This product is warranted for two (2) years from date of original manufacture.

Delta:

• Home
  • Warranty Conditions
Warranty Conditions

10-year warranty for Titanium, Chase binoculars and Strykers, Titanium riflescopes (excluding Titanium 4-16x42, 6-24x42, 4.5-14x44).
5-year warranty for Forest II, One binoculars, collimators, Titanium spotting scopes.
3-year warranty for Titanium riflescopes: 4-16x42, 6-24x42, 4.5-14x44 and classic riflescopes.
2-year warranty for Entry binoculars.

Warranty coverage periods apply to the EU and the rest of the world excluding the United States. Our warranty covers the entire device with no exception- mechanics, optics and electronics. All defects of the device caused by defective parts or manufacturing faults and disclosed during warranty period will be repaired free of charge (we cover both the cost of materials, as well as the cost of repair or replacement). In order to speed up the repair process under warranty, please provide us with the following information: accurate description of the defect, your valid home address and telephone number and e-mail address. We strongly recommend to use the warranty claim form and/or online warranty registration. To declare the product for repair, please contact the retailer where the product was purchased or the nearest authorized Delta Optical dealer. You can also contact Delta Optical Technical Support Team directly. A warranty claim must include a complete warranty card, together with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). This does not apply to products whose period of warranty coverage can be verified based on the serial number / date of manufacture. Delta Optical's main mission is to fully satisfy the customers so if you have any comments or questions regarding our technical support procedures please contact us.

I don't see them for better prices anywhere.

I have not asked Trijicon, and very well may, but those two scopes are clearly not the same. Being built on the same basic formula does not make them the same. Do you have any idea what the internal specs are for either scope? Clearly the turrets are different, who knows what else is and where they decided to save money.

Its way beyond being build along the same basic formula, same components are being used inside.
Every brand has its scopes 'ornamented' with brand specific mostly design features that affect the look but scopes are identical in internals ,glass everything 1:1

Ever wonder why many brands don't have any related patents ? or at best patents that are related to industrial design not engineering part.?
Because they have realy nothing to do with scopes design only a spec wishlist and a checkbook, the OEM manufacturer in this case LOW Japan is the one that does all the work.

You can find same identical erector being used in Delta, Athlon ,Trijicon .......

Last edited:
Reactions: themightytimmah
Its way beyond being build along the same basic formula, same components are being used inside.
Every brand has its scopes 'ornamented' with brand specific mostly design features that affect the look but scopes are identical in internals ,glass everything 1:1

Ever wonder why many brands don't have any related patents ? or at best patents that are related to industrial design not engineering part.?
Because they have realy nothing to do with scopes design only a spec wishlist and a checkbook, the OEM manufacturer in this case LOW Japan is the one that does all the work.

You can find same identical erector being used in Delta, Athlon ,Trijicon .......

I'm well aware of how the scope industry works. What you say is simply not true. Everyone specs the various parts how they want, based on cost and function. A scope that looks the same, can vary greatly when you factor in all the different components, plus how those components are handled, plus the qc that goes into each scope. A company that tests every scope is very different from a company that batch tests them.

Do you know, for a fact, that these two scopes are identical? If so, how? I have a very good contact at Trijicon, and am willing to ask for more details, but unless you have the same at Delta whatever, and at trijicon (or at LOW), then you are just speculating.

Reactions: nmmi9100
Ask your contact at Trijicon before you get in to deep with ideas.

Sabatti: "1/4 MOA or better". That should tell you how much salt you should put into that review! I do think this is a cool scope and certainly worthy of consideration. If it has the same DNA as the Stryker then even better. Please keep us posted or provide a review Doogie if you have time.

Sabatti: "1/4 MOA or better". That should tell you how much salt you should put into that review! I do think this is a cool scope and certainly worthy of consideration. If it has the same DNA as the Stryker then even better. Please keep us posted or provide a review Doogie if you have time.

I jumped in and pre-ordered from Eruo Optics based on my experience with Trijicon. The two times I called EO, the guys were extremely helpful in explaining scope differences to a nugget like me. They did not rush the conversation or try to push me off the line. THAT along with the best price that I have seen made my decision to buy from them easy.

My 9yo has more long distance shooting experience than that guy. Does he normally write a fishing column?
I swear by my ACOG, and have always thought the AccuPoint was a great hunting scope. My guess would be these will be good to go. I would like to see a review from someone who actually shoots/competes. A review on SH would be X100 better than that published one from a “writer”.

My 9yo has more long distance shooting experience than that guy. Does he normally write a fishing column?
I swear by my ACOG, and have always thought the AccuPoint was a great hunting scope. My guess would be these will be good to go. I would like to see a review from someone who actually shoots/competes. A review on SH would be X100 better than that published one from a “writer”.

I honestly know less than squat about long distance shooting but, I will post the impression of my range master, a retired Army Sniper. I am also attending a class for LDS in a couple months but, hopefully, more competent reviews will be out by then.

I believe what you have said does not apply to certain optical companies such as Nikon, Carl Zeiss, Nightforce, US Optics, Schmidt & Bender, etc

I believe what you have said does not apply to certain optical companies such as Nikon, Carl Zeiss, Nightforce, US Optics, Schmidt & Bender, etc
For Nikon i am not certian how they do as all their product is from Philipines , i suspect they own manufacturing plant there vs an OEM

Indeed as these mostly manufacture their own ,altough it becoming harder to separate nowdays, as in many cases some outsource both enginering(Nightforce) and many components (Nightforce) to Japan. Optical design know how is quite limited to very narrow pool of people.

Now days even manufacturing talent is becoming rare outside Asia. In German optical powerhouses you are now seeing products droped from production because people making one of the vital components retire and they have no one to replace them. (number of german poro prism binoculars are becoming extinct because workers making the prism assembly retired )

For Nikon i am not certian how they do as all their product is from Philipines , i suspect they own manufacturing plant there vs an OEM
Unless things have changed, and I do not believe they have, Kenko is the only optics mfg in the Philipines doing all the OEM work for many brands

Nikon has manufacturing facilities in many countries around the world, least of which is in Japan itself. While some of their lower priced consumer optics are made in low cost countries, they are designed by Nikon engineers, are made in Nikon facilities, by Nikon employees, using Nikon designed tooling and equipment. In addition, Nikon makes its own lenses.

Nikon is far more than inexpensive scopes. They make some of the most advanced metrology, optical and laser measuring, and photographic equipment in the world. If they so wanted they could design and make riflescopes that would take a back seat to no one include boutique names like Tangent Theta.

Not a Nikon fanboy, just calling it like it is.

That's a valid point about Nikon's ability to create an incredible optic, but the unfortunate part is that sport optics for them is small peanuts compared to the rest of their endeavors. Since the sport optics division isn't able to expand and innovate as much as they could, it caused a couple of their former employees part ways and start their own company.

Nikon has manufacturing facilities in many countries around the world, least of which is in Japan itself. While some of their lower priced consumer optics are made in low cost countries, they are designed by Nikon engineers, are made in Nikon facilities, by Nikon employees, using Nikon designed tooling and equipment. In addition, Nikon makes its own lenses.

Nikon is far more than inexpensive scopes. They make some of the most advanced metrology, optical and laser measuring, and photographic equipment in the world. If they so wanted they could design and make riflescopes that would take a back seat to no one include boutique names like Tangent Theta.

Not a Nikon fanboy, just calling it like it is.

Nikon scopes in the Phillipines are made by an OEM. They do not manufacture any of their own riflescopes and we have some differing opinions on whether they design any of them.

ILya

Got to look through this scope at a local match in Michigan today. Turrets were very crisp. Illumination was daylight bright in red (I didn’t try green). Reticle wasn’t too busy for a Christmas tree style & well thought out with thick lines at the edge & a floating dot center. Magnification range is obviously huge. Overall control layout is pretty standard for scope of this caliber & use. I think it would be a good choice for anyone looking in this price range for this feature set.

Got to look through this scope at a local match in Michigan today. Turrets were very crisp. Illumination was daylight bright in red (I didn’t try green). Reticle wasn’t too busy for a Christmas tree style & well thought out with thick lines at the edge & a floating dot center. Magnification range is obviously huge. Overall control layout is pretty standard for scope of this caliber & use. I think it would be a good choice for anyone looking in this price range for this feature set.

Thanks, I am really excited to get it in. I am waiting to buy a mount for it until it comes in. I will be mounting this on an R700 5R with a 20moa LaRue rail. I am unsure of ring height as the tube seems to be pretty long.

The Christmas tree reticle is better than the Delta. I don't like how the numbers are at the .2mil hash marks on the Delta at all. If it is the same scope the Trijicon reticle is far better.

The Christmas tree reticle is better than the Delta. I don't like how the numbers are at the .2mil hash marks on the Delta at all. If it is the same scope the Trijicon reticle is far better.

That may be a little strong. I also prefer to not have numbers right next to the vertical, but the opinion on that seems to be split. Some people prefer it next to the vertical and others want it on the outside of the grid. I remember this was a very lively argument when Vortex changed the location of the numbers at some point when going from EBR-2 to EBR-2B.

I have not seen the Trijicon reticle live, so it is difficult to make conclusions. Does anyone have a drawing of it that shows line thicknesses and all that? Delta's LRD-1T reticle that I have has a really well thought out arrangement in the primary aiming point are with a floating dot in the center and short well defined hashmarks and crosses that obscure very little of the target. The aiming dot is 0.045 mrad and the thin lines are either 0.045mrad (the four hashes around the dot) or 0.03mrad for the thin lines in the grid/tree. That makes for very fine aiming points.

The Trijicon reticle looks substantially thicker
Unless things have changed, and I do not believe they have, Kenko is the only optics mfg in the Philipines doing all the OEM work for many brands

I do not think Kenko is the only OEM in the Phillipines.

That may be a little strong. I also prefer to not have numbers right next to the vertical, but the opinion on that seems to be split. Some people prefer it next to the vertical and others want it on the outside of the grid. I remember this was a very lively argument when Vortex changed the location of the numbers at some point when going from EBR-2 to EBR-2B.

I have not seen the Trijicon reticle live, so it is difficult to make conclusions. Does anyone have a drawing of it that shows line thicknesses and all that? Delta's LRD-1T reticle that I have has a really well thought out arrangement in the primary aiming point are with a floating dot in the center and short well defined hashmarks and crosses that obscure very little of the target. The aiming dot is 0.045 mrad and the thin lines are either 0.045mrad (the four hashes around the dot) or 0.03mrad for the thin lines in the grid/tree. That makes for very fine aiming points.

The Trijicon reticle looks substantially thicker, but without a proper drawing it is really hard to say for sure. \
With the primary aiming poitns, it does not look like you get any sub-0.5mrad holds, while with Delta's reticle I have 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, etc holds right there.

Trijicon's design looks like a variation on the original Vortex EBR-2 reticle except without the open center and with what looks like thicker lines. It seems to be a very usable reticle overall, but until I get my hands on one it is difficult to say for sure.

I have definitely learned to appreciate Delta's primary aiming point arrangement.

ILya

Got my Trijicon in from Eurooptics, those guys are awesome!

First impression:

This scope is BIG but, it is clear.
The reticle is crisp, turrets have nice tactile clicks on adjustment.
Focus ring is smooth.
It comes with flip caps so, no need to go buy more.

R700 5R.jpg

Does this scope have Zero Stop?

• Extra Low Dispersion glass delivers true colors for exceptional target definition
  • Fully multi-coated broadband anti-reflective optics virtually eliminate glare and loss of light
  • 56mm objective lens for outstanding light transmission even in
    low-light conditions
  • Precise tracking with crisp 0.1 MRAD per click adjustments
  • Exposed 29.1 MRAD elevation adjustment range with Return to Zero and 14.5 MRAD capped windage adjustment range with optional Windage Restrictor
  • Upgraded illumination control with 5 red and 5 green
    user-selectable brightness settings
  • Smooth, controlled magnification with repositionable magnification lever that accommodates multiple platforms and firing positions
  • Rugged, aircraft-quality, hard-anodized 34mm aluminum body offers all-weather protection
  • Intuitive first focal plane hold-over reticle designed for long-range precision makes target holds or dialing fast and easy
  • Subtensions remain constant throughout magnification
  • Illuminated open center dot for pinpoint target placement
    at high magnification
  • Wind hold dot system for acquisition of moving targets and
    follow-up shot corrections
  • Alternating stadia heights provide quick target ranging

Reactions: Alarka
I have got the trijicon 5-50x56, just received it last month, I also have a leupold vx-6 7-42x56 which is a badass scope, and I was able to compare it to my dads 12-42x56 nightforce benchrest, all three of them side by side, I dont want to write a long ass review so I'm just gonna say a few things about the 5-50x56 trijicon.
1. BADASS!
2. Built like a tank!
3. Its unbelievably clear!
4. Wish I could buy 2 more of them!

Attachments

• 20180914_140352.jpg
    20180914_140352.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 320