• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT hunting / competition / varmint / do-it-all chassis from XLR Industries!!!

XLR

boss man
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hey guys,

We are super excited to give you guys a sneak peak at the all-new XLR Element 3.0 chassis from XLR Industries.

Our tried and true Element chassis went under the knife to implement and improve it in every way we could think of. This is truly a revolutionary chassis and we are super pumped for you guys to check it out!

Features:

Starting weight of 28 ounces complete with optional carbon butt stock and grip!!!! Can be built up to 8 lbs. + for competition use.
Starting price remains the same at $595.00 (edit to add: Magnesium/carbon option pricing available soon but will be sub $1000)
Full-length MLOK compatible handguard
Ambidextrous inlet works for both left and right-hand shooters out of the box.
Optional forend weight kit
The initial release will be available for Remington 700 SA, 700 LA, Howa 1500, Tikka T3, Savage short actions, Savage Axis, and CZ457 inlets!

More details will follow the release of this chassis in the next week or two so keep an eye on our site or social media pages for more!

IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1481.jpg

Last edited:
what material are you using for the chassis to keep it so light?
looks great
might be time for a new hunting rig

Reactions: TACC
what material are you using for the chassis to keep it so light?
looks great
might be time for a new hunting rig

The chassis is available in 6061 Aluminum or Magnesium. The buttstock is available in aluminum or carbon versions. We will have multiple grip options available.

The lightest configuration is Magnesium chassis with Carbon butt stock and grip. For the 700 SA, that setup weighs in at 28 ounces complete.

The all-aluminum version ($595 pricing) for the 700 SA starts out at a weight of 46 ounces (2 lbs. 14 ounces) complete with buttstock and grip.

IMG_1003.jpg

Nice! Is the magnum chassis shown hydrographic s or Cerakote?

The Magnesium chassis will come with a cerakote finish.

When will these be ready to ship?

We have production runs done for all inlets except the CZ 457 (will finish testing soon). After the release, if you do not get in on the initial quantities, expect up to a 5 week lead time.

And for us lefties?

Yep, the Element 3.0 is an ambidextrous chassis. There is a bolt slot plug that is used on the chassis side not being used (see the second picture)

How long is the forend?

These are a fixed-length chassis block meaning that all different inlets are cut from the same length of billet. For this reason, forend length will vary based on the inlet. The length will range from 10-12" with the long actions having the shortest forend legth (because of the longer receivers). With that said, the distance from the grip to the front of the chassis remains the same across the board so your stance really does not change when you are on the rifle offhand.

Reactions: Dirty D and Conrad
I’m extremely impressed. The only nit picky thing is the lack of integrated RRS rail. Alternatively, a carbon fiber RRS rail.

I’m extremely impressed. The only nit picky thing is the lack of integrated RRS rail. Alternatively, a carbon fiber RRS rail.

Definitely was a thought for us. However, due to the fact that the majority of shooters/hunters still do not use/want it, we left it as a bolt-on option. The chassis will have a full-length RRS rail option as well as shorter light-weight options. We were also looking for the ultimate weight savings and the integrated rail added just a bit. The Envy will of course still have the integrated full-length RRS rail.

I do like the idea of a carbon RRS rail...... :)

What are the cerakote options? And what color is the magnesium chassis shown. Would like one in exact configuration as shown for cz 457. Can I pre order?

What form of magnesium are you using?

We are using AZ61A Magnesium

What are the cerakote options? And what color is the magnesium chassis shown. Would like one in exact configuration as shown for cz 457. Can I pre order?

The magnesium will only be available in a Cerakote finish. Standard colors are Black, S&W Red, Burnt Bronze, Tungsten Grey, and FDE. The one shown is raw. You are welcome to get it raw but I have not tested the corrosive nature of the magnesium in the raw. I have run the aluminum version on my personal rifles with a raw blast finish for some time but the magnesium is un-tested in that regard.

We are not allowing pre-orders quite yet. But it will be very soon!

Do you have the weight of the aluminum version with the carbon fiber stock and grip?

Thanks.

Reactions: trob_205
I think $595 is for the aluminum chassis with no stock/grip added yet.

So sub 1,000 for magnesium @ 28oz
595 for aluminum @34oz?
I think $595 is for the aluminum chassis with no stock/grip added yet.

We just finalized pricing yesterday. Pricing will be as follows:

$407 aluminum with no grip/butt stock
$595 for aluminum with aluminum butt stock and Ergo grip (45.7 ounces)
$745 for aluminum with Carbon butt stock and Ergo grip (36 ounces)
$895 for magnesium with carbon butt stock and ergo grip (30 ounces)
$1036 for magnesium chassis with Carbon butt stock and Carbon grip (28 ounces)

You can upgrade any of the Ergo grip options to the Carbon grip for $141 to save the 2 ounces in the grip.

The Carbon grip can be bought outright for $179 (not cheap lol)

@XLR

Can the magnesium chassis be purchased with the aluminum butt stock options?

Also, will the carbon cheekpiece be available as a stand alone item? From the photos, it looks like a different profile than the aluminum ones.

@XLR

Can the magnesium chassis be purchased with the aluminum butt stock options?

Also, will the carbon cheekpiece be available as a stand alone item? From the photos, it looks like a different profile than the aluminum ones.

Yes, The magnesium chassis block can be purchased with the aluminum butt stock. Basically, the magnesium is a $150 option and the Carbon butt stock is a $150 option. You can mix and match as desired.

The Carbon cheek rest is a slimmer profile than our normal aluminum cheek rest. Unfortunately, the carbon cheek rest will not fit on the aluminum XLR butt stock.

Can you give use an approximate weight of the main components? Such as
aluminum chassis:
magnesium chassis:
Aluminum butt stock:
Carbon buttstock:

Looking at the pictures, the Aluminum buttstock appears different than the current one. Is it lighter than the standard XLR tactical stock?

Hmmm, another thought on colors. Magnesium is a pretty neat metal that looks enough different to always get a second glance. Would y’all be willing/able to at least have a clear coat or similar option, even if you don’t want to have one in the raw?

Is the carbon butt stock adjustable for length of pull?

quite new to all of this so i hope you don't mind a basic question but do these stocks and cheek rests get hot in the sun....I'm in So Cal so it's a bit of a concern i guess. thanks

looks like an awesome stock

Is the carbon butt stock adjustable for length of pull?

The Carbon butt stock is not adjustable for LOP. It comes in (2) lengths: 12.625" and 13.75" LOP. The folder can be added to the chassis which gives you a 13.75" and 14.875" LOP.

quite new to all of this so i hope you don't mind a basic question but do these stocks and cheek rests get hot in the sun....I'm in So Cal so it's a bit of a concern i guess. thanks

looks like an awesome stock

Our cheek rest have an all-weather foam coating which make them pleasant in all weather. We will have an option for the carbon too but it tends to not feel as temperature sensitive. We do have MLOK clip in "covers for the hand guard if you are shooting in freezing conditions.

Still looks to clunky for me. Needs to have smoother lines to be up to today's standards.

Paul

You definitely need to hold one. It appears "edgy" but I can assure you it is not. We have been doing this for quite some time so I would like to think we have a pretty good idea on today's standards lol.

Last edited:
How much weight does the folder add?

I was going to ask this too but it's on their web page (4.9 oz):

Also, web page says the adapter does not lock. I'm wondering if there's any other solution that would allow one to hold the butt stock in place in the folded position.

So if I'm doing the math correctly (which I am admittedly terrible at) the magnesium chassis with aluminum butt stock and standard grip would weigh 39.7 ounces? I think it would balance better with a suppressor this way. I am extremely interested in this, perfect for a hunting rig!

Last edited:
Will the Tikka version come in both LA and SA and if so what magazines will the LA accept?

I was going to ask this too but it's on their web page (4.9 oz):

Also, web page says the adapter does not lock. I'm wondering if there's any other solution that would allow one to hold the butt stock in place in the folded position.

So our new folder does not have a hard lock to hold in the open position, however, it does have an adjustable spring-loaded detent that helps hold it open. It can be adjusted quite firm so unless you are running a super heavy option (Mercury and weights, it does a pretty doo job at it.

So if I'm doing the math correctly (which I am admittedly terrible at) the magnesium chassis with aluminum butt stock and standard grip would weigh 39.7 ounces? I think it would balance better with a suppressor this way. I am extremely interested in this, perfect for a hunting rig!

You are correct on the weight :)

Will the Tikka version come in both LA and SA and if so what magazines will the LA accept?

On initial release, we will only offer for the short action magazines for the T3. We will be adding a long version shortly that would use the MDT tikka magazines (3.560).

We just finalized pricing yesterday. Pricing will be as follows:

$407 aluminum with no grip/butt stock
$595 for aluminum with aluminum butt stock and Ergo grip (45.7 ounces)
$745 for aluminum with Carbon butt stock and Ergo grip (36 ounces)
$895 for magnesium with carbon butt stock and ergo grip (30 ounces)
$1036 for magnesium chassis with Carbon butt stock and Carbon grip (28 ounces)

You can upgrade any of the Ergo grip options to the Carbon grip for $141 to save the 2 ounces in the grip.

The Carbon grip can be bought outright for $179 (not cheap lol)

@XLR - will you also be selling just the magnesium chassis without grip or butt stock? I have a gen 1 that is in need of upgrading, but plan on using the grip and stock.

Fantastic concept and weight savings.

Is there a way to attach a sling to the carbon stock?