• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT hunting / competition / varmint / do-it-all chassis from XLR Industries!!!

Here's a couple more pictures of the Tungsten and FDE Elements:

4444.jpg

333 (2).jpg

I took my barreled action out of my envy, into the element, and had no shift or issues. It’s well balanced and worked as intended. Get one!

Attachments

• 1B1F5918-5BF4-4350-8BBF-AE40D7C89203.jpeg
    1B1F5918-5BF4-4350-8BBF-AE40D7C89203.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: 4RingShooter
So our new folder does not have a hard lock to hold in the open position, however, it does have an adjustable spring-loaded detent that
On initial release, we will only offer for the short action magazines for the T3. We will be adding a long version shortly that would use he MDT tikka magazines (3.560).

Sounds perfect

I would be on one of these like stink on linberger except for one key thing.....I hunt in the cold and an ice cube is an ice cube no matter what it weighs although thinking the magnesium wouldn’t be as bad as the aluminum.

Yet another option to consider for my long range light weigh build. Too many options. The rabbit hole get deeper.

Reactions: XLR
I would be on one of these like stink on linberger except for one key thing.....I hunt in the cold and an ice cube is an ice cube no matter what it weighs although thinking the magnesium wouldn’t be as bad as the aluminum.

I tend to hunt in cold weather as well, but honestly, I don’t see it as an issue. Most of the time it is on my back or shoulder. If it is truly that cold, I am wearing gloves.

Couldn't you also put on some plastic rail covers if cold is a real problem?

Rail covers help to a certain extent but if you are an eastern stand hunter on a driven hunt the last place You want your gun is on your back. I like chassis guns but just haven’t warmed to one for winter hunting.

Although the light weight has been the focus of the new Element 3.0, it can also have weight added for those precision rifle days at the range or for your weekend competition!

ForendWeights_Element3_grande.jpg

Fantastic concept and weight savings.

Is there a way to attach a sling to the carbon stock?

Fantastic concept and weight savings.

Is there a way to attach a sling to the carbon stock?

Or direct from the stock manufacturer, Smoke Composites:

Reactions: raschiller

Or direct from the stock manufacturer, Smoke Composites:

Smoke Composites does build these for us hence the name but the stocks they build for us are different than the ones on their site. They have worked with us to build them to our spec and lengths we have set forth. So if you order from them, it will be different than what you get from us.

Edit to add: if you are referencing the sling mount options then you are correct. Our Mlok QD adapter or theirs will work just fine.

Noted and indeed I was referring to the sling mounts. I think you guys were out of stock when I last looked. Heck, the mounts are likely made by another party ?

Has anybody done any accuracy work with the Magnesium chassis?

Interested in the results and if there’s any difference vs the aluminum chassis.

I’m looking at the 700 SA clone magnesium chassis, do they need to be bedded?

Has anybody done any accuracy work with the Magnesium chassis?

Interested in the results and if there’s any difference vs the aluminum chassis.

I’m looking at the 700 SA clone magnesium chassis, do they need to be bedded?

We have personally not seen any accuracy difference with the Magnesium vs Aluminum. None of our chassis need to be bedded as they all utilize our multi-point radial inlet. The bedding question is one that comes up a lot. Even in conversation with top gunsmiths that bed other chassis, they claim that ours continue to be accurate as-is without bedding.

Of course, others are welcome to chime in their opinion as well but that is our take.

Reactions: physguy88
Since they didn't have the inlet for the Savage LA and as I understand don't plan on making one, I ordered the MDT LSS. guess I will have to order this one for my Remington 700.

Since they didn't have the inlet for the Savage LA and as I understand don't plan on making one, I ordered the MDT LSS. guess I will have to order this one for my Remington 700.

And when will the long action be coming out?

Because the Element is cut from a fixed length of billet extrusion, we do bot inlet for the Savage LA because the handguard would be super short. We have the long action Remington available now and the Tikka T3 for the long action 3.56" magazines is coming soon.

As a note, we build both our Carbon and Evolution chassis for the Savage Long actions so we are not leaving you guys out lol.

Because the Element is cut from a fixed length of billet extrusion, we do bot inlet for the Savage LA because the handguard would be super short. We have the long action Remington available now and the Tikka T3 for the long action 3.56" magazines is coming soon.

As a note, we build both our Carbon and Evolution chassis for the Savage Long actions so we are not leaving you guys out lol.
I will order an Element Magnesium for my Remington 700 once my wife gets over the current sticker shock. lol!

• Haha
I mean, once you include bottom metal, it’s the same price as an adjustable-cheek carbon fiber stock from pretty much anyone...
You are right but I prefer not to pillar bed and epoxy bed rifles anymore. Once you do that, the carbon fiber stocks weight more than the element magnesium with carbon fiber Buttstock and hand grip. IMHO. oh and the wait time for a chassis system is better than CF. I order my MDT LSS on Sunday and it will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
You are right but I prefer not to pillar bed and epoxy bed rifles anymore. Once you do that, the carbon fiber stocks weight more than the element magnesium with carbon fiber Buttstock and hand grip. IMHO. oh and the wait time for a chassis system is better than CF. I order my MDT LSS on Sunday and it will be here tomorrow.

Oh I agree completely, even before the bedding the XLR E3 M/C saves you at least 10 oz. My point was more for justifying it to SWMBO with a “well I need this ANYWAY...”

Oh I agree completely, even before the bedding the XLR E3 M/C saves you at least 10 oz. My point was more for justifying it to SWMBO with a “well I need this ANYWAY...”
SWMBO? It's not that I need this anyway. I am looking to build a hybrid rifle for long range bench shooting and hunting. More so for hunting. So a 28oz stock is just the ticket. save the weight on the stock for the added weight of the scope. Probably a NF NXS 5x25. I could always go with a carbon fiber barrel but I prefer steel in a heavy sporter or light varmint.

“She Who Must Be Obeyed”.

Yeah, with a stock with a lesser feature set being heavier and essentially the same cost, and presumably with a rifle needing an action-to-human interfacing component anyway, it’s a pretty easy choice to make.

I really wish I’d waited like a month before buying my AG Composites Adjustable Chalk Branch; this was announced a week after I ordered said stock.

Reactions: BrentlyWhite
Does anybody have real world experience with the magnesium stock?
How does it feel?
How’s the recoil with the carbon butt stock?

Does anybody have real world experience with the magnesium stock?
How does it feel?
How’s the recoil with the carbon butt stock?

So obviously my opinion is probably not as objective as you were looking for but I will share what I found anyways. During initial testing, I used a 300 WM in the magnesium chassis with the Carbon buttstock and no muzzle brake. To be honest, I was "dreading" it a bit. Most of the shooting I do is my little 6mm competition rifle that weighs 20 lbs so I assumed this was going to be a miserable day for my shoulder. However, shooting it showed to be quite pleasant. Although not super thick, the Limbsaver recoil pad does a good job of providing support but it still absorbs the recoil well. I think due to the angle of the recoil pad, felt recoil is actually slightly less than our TR-2 buttstock. I was shooting factory Hornady 178 ELD match FWIW.

Matt, our sales manager, just returned from a multi-day hunting trip where he carried a magnesium chassis in the mountains for a few days and he was commenting on how much more comfortable it was to carry than his Carbon chassis he was previously using. The combination of the lighter weight and thinner profile was what he contributed to the improvement. His comment was that he was thinking the lighter weight contributed to him "feeling" the rifle less when it was slug/strapped to his side in that he was not noticing the rifle moving around and "bumping" him due to his gait.

In a recent podcast, Frank Peralta and Aaron Snyder with Kifaru also talk about using the new Element 3.0 on a hunt and had nothing but good to say about it. You can listen to it here:

https://kifarucast.podbean.com/e/frank-peralta-colorado-elk-hunt/

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

@XLR
Any chance you could make a short forend version? My first thought when looking at it is I want to saw the first two slots off of it, like this.

5D2D9FDC-EFBA-4B71-8D6C-D6A756D9B688.jpeg

I’d want a magnesium version, with carbon buttons grip. Lightweight action, 16.5” proof, etc. killer little coyote gun for shooting off the tripod.

@XLR
Any chance you could make a short forend version? My first thought when looking at it is I want to saw the first two slots off of it, like this.

View attachment 7174950

I’d want a magnesium version, with carbon buttons grip. Lightweight action, 16.5” proof, etc. killer little coyote gun for shooting off the tripod.
Unfortunately, our fixtures are made for that specific outside dimension/length so we can not do a shorter version. I am sure if you are handy with a mill, you might be able to shorten it. You would probably save an ounce or two.

Unfortunately, our fixtures are made for that specific outside dimension/length so we can not do a shorter version. I am sure if you are handy with a mill, you might be able to shorten it. You would probably save an ounce or two.

Yes, I can do the work. The magnesium freaks me out a bit.

Ah, good point. I missed the idea of you wanting the magnesium. There are definitely lots of precautions you need to take when machining magnesium, especially when cutting it dry.
I’ll have to research, but it will get flooded with something for sure. Thank you.

So obviously my opinion is probably not as objective as you were looking for but I will share what I found anyways. During initial testing, I used a 300 WM in the magnesium chassis with the Carbon buttstock and no muzzle brake. To be honest, I was "dreading" it a bit. Most of the shooting I do is my little 6mm competition rifle that weighs 20 lbs so I assumed this was going to be a miserable day for my shoulder. However, shooting it showed to be quite pleasant. Although not super thick, the Limbsaver recoil pad does a good job of providing support but it still absorbs the recoil well. I think due to the angle of the recoil pad, felt recoil is actually slightly less than our TR-2 buttstock. I was shooting factory Hornady 178 ELD match FWIW.

Matt, our sales manager, just returned from a multi-day hunting trip where he carried a magnesium chassis in the mountains for a few days and he was commenting on how much more comfortable it was to carry than his Carbon chassis he was previously using. The combination of the lighter weight and thinner profile was what he contributed to the improvement. His comment was that he was thinking the lighter weight contributed to him "feeling" the rifle less when it was slug/strapped to his side in that he was not noticing the rifle moving around and "bumping" him due to his gait.

In a recent podcast, Frank Peralta and Aaron Snyder with Kifaru also talk about using the new Element 3.0 on a hunt and had nothing but good to say about it. You can listen to it here:

https://kifarucast.podbean.com/e/frank-peralta-colorado-elk-hunt/

View attachment 7174907

View attachment 7174909
One of our guys in camp shot a Mule deer that looked the same way a few years ago. Spike on one side and a five on the other. We we skinned it he had balls like pea's. It was huge like a small elk.

I just got the magnesium chassis for a Tikka action, and getting serious binding issues at only 45 inlbs. Instructions state 65 inlbs, but there’s no way. Anyone else experience this, or have any guidance on torque? It seems to be the rear action screw is too long, and the bolt is catching on it.

Last edited:
I just got the magnesium chassis for a Tikka action, and getting serious binding issues at only 45 inlbs. Instructions state 65 inlbs, but there’s no way. Anyone else experience this, or have any guidance on torque? It seems to be the rear action screw is too long, and the bolt is catching on it.

I sorted it out, just ground the rear action screw a bit and it is fine. Looking forward to seeing the total weight.

Attachments

• 92376F8C-F503-46B5-9963-0329C806B2F6.jpeg
    92376F8C-F503-46B5-9963-0329C806B2F6.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: XLR Industries
Sorry you had to grind down that cup on the action screw, but glad it is all worked out now! Reach out any time if you have questions and look forward to hearing how you like the new magnesium chassis!
[/QUOTE

need to zero still, but like how it turned out so far. Just shy of 10lbs

Attachments

• C7AA5F3F-19FB-487F-ACEC-9E3C0E2A21D3.jpeg
    C7AA5F3F-19FB-487F-ACEC-9E3C0E2A21D3.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 353