• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT hunting / competition / varmint / do-it-all chassis from XLR Industries!!!

What rear bag is everyone liking for the carbon butt stock? Doesn’t seem like it will have much “bag adjustment” for elevation? Curious to hear everyone’s experience and choice on this.

Reactions: TACC
What rear bag is everyone liking for the carbon butt stock? Doesn’t seem like it will have much “bag adjustment” for elevation? Curious to hear everyone’s experience and choice on this.

imo it really depends on what your use case is. I used an Area 419 pint size bag to zero, but that was the only time I’d use a bag for my use case which is a hunting rig Where I’d imagine prone shots are rare (mind you I’ve never been hunting so ignorant on that end) That being said, if you are using it for prs etc, the full weight game changer should probably suffice. The OG is fairly heavy but would give you plenty of elevation, and the smaller version works in most situations, but if shooting uphill, neither will really help. If shooting uphill, my advice would be pulling the bipod closer towards the action to get better elevation.

On larger calibers the carbon buttstock defiantly does not have enough "bag riding surface" so... We are coming out with a bolt on bag rider for the carbon buttstock. We have just recently finalized the design and testing. This will only add 1-2 ounces to the stock, and allow just over 3 1/2" of surface area.
Can post images soon.

This tikka gets it done in this chassis. I typically hunt off a tripod, so makes bags a non issue unless zeroing. When i get a clip on thermal ill get your rail for this.

Attachments

• E1A5FA36-DF23-416B-956F-59D82A663BAC.jpeg
    E1A5FA36-DF23-416B-956F-59D82A663BAC.jpeg
    479.1 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: D_TROS
This tikka gets it done in this chassis. I typically hunt off a tripod, so makes bags a non issue unless zeroing. When i get a clip on thermal ill get your rail for this.
Great looking rifle!! the new night vision mount for the element 3.0 chassis is coming along nicely!! In the final development and testing stage so not much longer.

Reactions: Jgunner
On larger calibers the carbon buttstock defiantly does not have enough "bag riding surface" so... We are coming out with a bolt on bag rider for the carbon buttstock. We have just recently finalized the design and testing. This will only add 1-2 ounces to the stock, and allow just over 3 1/2" of surface area.
Can post images soon.

Very interested. Keep us posted!

Can post images soon.
Any update on this?

I will say, the other issue i have come into is prone with the carbon buttstock(i know you guys dont produce them) is the buttstock digs into your collarbone. Ive thought about adapting an adjustable buttplate, but it would need to be tooless.

i really wish xlr would build an ultralight buttstock, to combat these issues but it would be expensive, if plausible.

Hoping to shoot mine today. It makes for a severely handy platform in the magnesium/carbon version. Have a TL3 with a #3 HawkHill 6.5 creed sitting in it now.

I’ve got one. Loving it so far. I’ve only had traditional stocks in the past so the grip was something I had to “adjust” to. I felt like I needed to grip it hard and tight but that wasn’t the case and I needed to hold it just like my traditional stock.

Not a lot of space for a bag on the butt stock, but xlr is working on that above.

My barreled action is shooting great in it

Reactions: WeiserBucks
Now I wish someone would make some ultralight (aluminum maybe) 3.85” magazines!

5 rounders weigh 8oz, btw.

Got a 3 round accurate mag on order.

Reactions: Duffy1298
I modified a Magpul 300 win mag polymer mag to fit the CIP length LA magwell. I too couldn’t bring myself to had a half pound of steel mag to the system. It works great so far, and I shoot factory ammo so I don’t need the extra length.

Accurate magazine was supposed to be releasing an aluminum magazine actually. They had the almost final version at SHOT but have not heard anything since. Hopefully soon!

I’m about to Swiss cheese one of their 3 rounders and see how much weight I can take off of it.

How’s the bag rider coming along? Anxiously awaiting one!

Please, please make the LA Savage CIP chassis. If the fore end needs a couple more inches... just do it. It can't be that difficult to do.
There are plenty of us who prefer it over the 700 offerings.

Reactions: RedDirtRifleman
We are waiting for the guys from Talos to send us one of their Tikka LA clones so we make sure it works with everything. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, we will have a Tikka LA.

Are the Tikka LA available now? I already have the MDT mags :)

Anyone hear anything about these yet??
Nothing so far, but will be reaching out to see if there is an update.

Are the Tikka LA available now? I already have the MDT mags :)
The Tikka LA have been available for a few months now. Have some aluminum elements already cut ready for orders (3-6 week lead time depending on configuration)
Magnesium Element chassis could have a longer lead time depending on when the order was placed.

Reactions: NewsShooter
I have one of the first Elements -- Really like it.

Quite interested in the Magnesium -- maybe just drop a Tikka Lite into it

I love the look of this rifle. Would like to do magnesium chassis with titanium grip.

Any chance you are working on this chassis in XM length? Would make a perfect setup for a 7 SAUM with 170 grain Cayuga!! Start of my ultimate mountain gun...

CWJ

No defined timeline yet but yes, a medium Defiance inlet is in the works for the Magnesium Element 3.0!

Since nobody wants to post up a 24/7 coyote hammer here is a magnesium 3.0 kitted out with NV bridge, full length Arca, folder, carbon Stock and bag rider. 11.4 pounds as configured. 22” 22 creed/berger 85.5’s at 3200 are 4RingShooter’s TI/6.5creed’s worst nightmare!!!

Attachments

• D5A87592-4240-4770-A7EE-722F0DA156A6.jpeg
    D5A87592-4240-4770-A7EE-722F0DA156A6.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Love
Reactions: XLR Industries
Since nobody wants to post up a 24/7 coyote hammer here is a magnesium 3.0 kitted out with NV bridge, full length Arca, folder, carbon Stock and bag rider. 11.4 pounds as configured. 22” 22 creed/berger 85.5’s at 3200 are 4RingShooter’s TI/6.5creed’s worst nightmare!!!
That’s a sharp looking rifle. Is it nose heavy? Assume most of the weight is in that barrel. Surprised it’s 11.4 pounds with the chassis and carbon stock. Looks great.

No defined timeline yet but yes, a medium Defiance inlet is in the works for the Magnesium Element 3.0!
If you need someone to be a guinea pig for a Defiance XM inlet, I’m your huckleberry... Would definitely be willing to slide my 375 WSM into that chassis and do a few hunts with it!!

That’s a sharp looking rifle. Is it nose heavy? Assume most of the weight is in that barrel. Surprised it’s 11.4 pounds with the chassis and carbon stock. Looks great.

It is actually well balance. Proof carbon barrels are not to heavy out front. Most of that extra weight is in the bipod, Arca rail, NV bridge, 10 round mag and nothing being Ti.

Last edited:
Guys, if you want XLR to consider a new inlet get on there website, under support there is a link. They are tracking demand so the more feedback we give them the quicker they can make decisions on there next inlet to produce.
Action Inlet Request

I would love to see a Lone Peak Fusion TI medium inlet in the near future!

Guys, if you want XLR to consider a new inlet get on there website, under support there is a link. They are tracking demand so the more feedback we give them the quicker they can make decisions on there next inlet to produce.
Action Inlet Request

I would love to see a Lone Peak Fusion TI medium inlet in the near future!

I heard they may be already working on it! 🙏

Reactions: CSTactical
Where do you guys hunt? I'm confused, as I've been plowing snow for weeks already and I've never been able to hold a chunk of metal during hunting season without frostbite. This guy with his t-shirt and no gloves.... African safari?

Carbon forend covers?
Something that doesn't instantly pull all the heat out of my hands would be necessary before it's a legitimate hunting option for those of us that see real winter.

I do appreciate the R&D into the light weight.

If it’s too cold to hold metal- I bet you are wearing gloves. I carried my XLR magnesium 3.0 for a week in Montana last year in the teens. I wore gloves.

IT honestly all comes down to what you are hunting, where, and your hunting style. One of the best benefits of this system is being able to have a folding buttstock without adding very much weight. For us and many others this allows us to have a short compact rifle strapped to our packs. When we are ready to get set up for a shot obviously the pack is being taken off, rifle off that, and getting ready for the shot. Not much hand contact on the rifle. Now if you are going through thick dark timber, or putting a stalk on a animal in closer distances where you need to actually be carrying your rifle with your hand, and its cold then yes I hope you are wearing some decent gloves and making it work for the time being. Once the animal is on the ground strap that rifle to your pack and good to go!
If the cold metal is a concern our Carbon chassis can help with that. Using the carbon buttstock this can still be a very light system and you will then not have any direct metal contact. I can send you a link to a review of a long time XLR user in Alaska who was conducting his testing on the chassis in 40 below weather with the carbon chassis.

Now we do not recommend you sticking your tongue to the chassis when it is that cold out ;)