• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s New use for V8.1 Bipod

KiwiShtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2009
Advance, MO.
29er7v6.jpg

Might need to get another for my rifle....

Re: New use for V8.1 Bipod

Has and will never see an office.... I hope. Hopefully Ill not spend much time in one either. I just got the bipod in the mail yesterday so figured the mug was the best way to welcome it into the house. I put the mug in the freezer before I pour the first round. Stays nice and cool.... yet supported.
It has its new home on my AW.

LOL thats for the times when you just can't steady the mug to your mouth. the bipod gives you the perfect steady rest to accurately aim for your mouth!

What's sad is that the mug is as much as the bipod. They are nice, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's sad is that the mug is as much as the bipod. They are nice, though. </div></div>

Its actually a little more. I have the names of my friends and colleagues who have been killed in Iraq since 04 when I first got there and the phrase "Ka mo mahara tonu tatau ia ratau" ("We will remember them" in Maori, which I am) engraved on it. The handle is from my M4 I carried on my last contract when I finished earlier this year. Its more of a rememberance peice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OhioAstromech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the mug body made from?</div></div>

"Battle Mug starts life as a 13.5 pound solid block of 6061 T6 billet aluminum..."

Battle Mug

Yea they basically machine them from the same block of aluminum they make AR uppers. Not really the buy a half dozen for the bar type thing, but for what I wanted it for, it suited. The only problem was finding somewhere that could do the engraving. Most places have some sort of jig that they engrave small trophy plates or the like. I had to send it away to someone who could do it. Was worth it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's sad is that the mug is as much as the bipod. They are nice, though. </div></div>
My bad, looks like they have come down in price a few dollars since I got mine.