• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tracker1833

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
Cypress, TX
Retirement present from the wife.
Volkmann Signature
Ball cuts
traditional blue
blue nitre grip screws
Real ivory grips
dimpled front strap and MSH
undercut front strap
flat topstrap
Battlehook rear sight tritium front
Custom engraving

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_08621.jpg
    IMG_08621.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 15
Wow that is a thing of beauty. Are you going to shoot it or make it a safe queen
2nd day of ownership she went to the range. 250 rnds with no issues whatsoever. next trip ill post the target. the pistol is definitely more capable than I am.
BTW the only gun in my safe I don't shoot is my grandfathers WWII caracano bringback. only cause im still not sure of the actual caliber.

Awesome pistol, and well-deserved. Volkmann makes some of the best 1911s out there.

Tracker, congratulations on being married to such a wonderful woman, on getting to retirement and the new shooter.

Enjoy all of the above.....

BTW the only gun in my safe I don't shoot is my grandfathers WWII caracano bringback. only cause im still not sure of the actual caliber.

[whathever his real actual caliber (6,5Car. - 7,5Car. - or 8Maus. chamberings), shootin'Carcanos could be really bad news: I' ve SEEN happen twice w. 6,5s, here, and the bigger his caliber, the badder the could be the news]_

This 1911 of yours is plainly a thing from another world : real Congrats !

Range trip this weekend and the wife shot her p-30 and p-90 and the Volkmann. she really liked it. I love them both. Don't know what I did to deserve her but I am indeed blessed. The kids shot the watermelons.

Around $200 for every year of service......not much to ask for is it? Congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for all your years of service. And thank you to the misses for knowing how to care of her man.

Luke's a hunting buddy of mine and I have two, you could not have bought a finer pistol (in my opinion) and I'm happy for you, you definitely deserve it! By the way, he's so busy that if you order one now, you'll get it sometime in 2014, enjoy!

Luke's a hunting buddy of mine and I have two, you could not have bought a finer pistol (in my opinion) and I'm happy for you, you definitely deserve it! By the way, he's so busy that if you order one now, you'll get it sometime in 2014, enjoy!

That is good to hear. I haven't heard much about him as of late. Is he still going to stay a one-man shop or try to expand?

TTR

He's staying a one man shop, he just took the plunge and got married on the 24th of last month. He's booked solid, the thing to do, if you don't want to wait almost a year, is to buy a basic Colt and send it to him to refurb. i did this with a Commander and it turned out great. Again, congrats, I'm sure that will become your favorite gun if it's not already.

One more thing, just shoot and shoot it to break it in. Luke told me to shoot a couple thousand rounds through mine and then bring it by to have him break it down and clean it! Never had a failure yet with thousands of rounds down the pipe.

Was with Luke yesterday and for those that don't know, he's building rifles now as well. He just completed a 300 win mag but I just can't swing it right now, looked nice but I haven't shot one.

Congrats to Luke on taking the plunge.
I own 2 para double stack 1911's and 2 rock island single stacks and a Kimber(early model) for daily carry.
I have to say the Volkmann makes it to the range more times than the others combined. I now understand the Myth of truly custom built firearms. It shoots way better than I can and feels like no other pistol I have ever shot (the actual cycle of fire). I would say I hate to dirty it up but that would be a lie I love shooting it.
Luke will definitely be getting a pistol from me to mod in the future.

Thanks to all for the congratulations on retirement. Thanks for paying your taxes for all those years, and no that doesn't mean part of the pistol is yours.

off to the range for this weeks trip