• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Volquartsen Summit Build

Andielouroo

Private Pyle
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
Nevada
Just finished putting this one together. I have a few rifles and this one is in my top 3 favorites. Plenty accurate for shooting bunnies and squirrels and plinking. Unbelievably quiet with any subsonic match ammo. Essentially the only sound is the trigger breaking. I always wanted to play with a toggle action and this one does not disappoint.

Volq Summit Action
Shilen barrel
Palmetto Minilith silencer
SB 5-25 MSR
Titan Stock

F5364D70-8ACF-4AE1-8E58-DD03D2AE590F.jpeg

a beautiful piece , I hope it works as well for you as you hoped ... you should have wrapped it in a blue diaper and had its a boy balloons or girl which ever you want lol .

Reactions: Andielouroo
Nice build!

Is the bolt a little difficult to close on yours? I had one from VQ and had to send it back because it was so hard to close the bolt. They added a shim or two and sent it back and it’s miles better but still a little stiff. Maybe it will loosen over time.

Haven’t gotten a chance to set up my new 22 range yet either to test it out as I said I would do in another thread but I will. Then Summit vs VQ 10/22 vs Kidd showdown.

Here’s mine sans trigger. Hoping to pop some piglets with it.

Attachments

• C48C11F6-25CF-4007-9BF3-BF88643B2B25.jpeg
    C48C11F6-25CF-4007-9BF3-BF88643B2B25.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 64
Nice build!

Is the bolt a little difficult to close on yours? I had one from VQ and had to send it back because it was so hard to close the bolt. They added a shim or two and sent it back and it’s miles better but still a little stiff. Maybe it will loosen over time.

Haven’t gotten a chance to set up my new 22 range yet either to test it out as I said I would do in another thread but I will. Then Summit vs VQ 10/22 vs Kidd showdown.

Here’s mine sans trigger. Hoping to pop some piglets with it.

It’s a tiny bit stiff, but is already loosening up after a hundred or so rounds.

Just finished putting this one together. I have a few rifles and this one is in my top 3 favorites. Plenty accurate for shooting bunnies and squirrels and plinking. Unbelievably quiet with any subsonic match ammo. Essentially the only sound is the trigger breaking. I always wanted to play with a toggle action and this one does not disappoint.

Volq Summit Action
Shilen barrel
Palmetto Minilith silencer
SB 5-25 MSR
Titan Stock

View attachment 7082449
A few years later, do you still like this? Im thinking about buying a summit

I don’t know the weight off the top of my head.
I only recently noticed that you had this built a while ago. It's impressive how it still holds its own. How many shots do you currently have on it, and how did the Shilen barrel fare?