• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex 1-8 ????

Like Rob was alluding to, Vortex will cover the variable optic/multi-gun market at 3 levels.

$450 Strike Eagle 1-8x (entry level)

$700 PST GenII 1-6x (mid level)

$1200 Razor GenIII 1-8x (upper level)

If you look at the way they're positioned, they compliment each other and do not eat each others' lunch. The people that buy at theses price points might not buy at the other 2.

Note that the PST's magnification is only 1-6x. Even if the improvement in glass on the Razor gen3 is incremental, that last 2x separates the Razor from the PST 1-6x

As I've said before, Vortex's strong suit is not their ability to make optics. It's their ability to read, anticipate, and respond to the market they're in.

Very impressive leadership and insight.

Vortex tweeted this pic of the reticle with magnification set at 8x. I kinda like it.

8c93dfc5bbf0326a25cd896eb21a2112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably just slapped it on to get the pic to you. Again that shows their support of their customers.

The 2.5-10x24 NF is terrible. I think it's only popular because of the clone status. Talk about unforgiving eye boxes.

The NXS 2.5-10x24 isn't "terrible" to the soldiers using them on 18" SPR's. It's a mission geared optic designed to shead weight and increase lethality at distance. Definitely not comparable to a PRS setup but awsome for the intended purpose on the battlefield....

I know two Rangers who the love the NF

The NXS 2.5-10x24 isn't "terrible" to the soldiers using them on 18" SPR's. It's a mission geared optic designed to shead weight and increase lethality at distance. Definitely not comparable to a PRS setup but awsome for the intended purpose on the battlefield....

I know two Rangers who the love the NF

And how much weight does it shed over the X32? The X42?