• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new Vortex Razor 16-48x65

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
Has anyone tried out this spotter yet? It looks to be the perfect spotter for hunting, little smaller than the 85 with good glass and magnification.

I bought one and it is pretty nice if you are looking for a excellent spotter for hunting. I went in with my sons on it thinking I could use it with the mil reticial but Vortex doesn't make one to work with it so now my boys have it.

Very clear, I was surprised how much smaller it was then the 20-60 Razor. We were using it to spot 223 hits on paper at 300-500 yards without much trouble. That being said, I ended up with the 20-60 because I rarely carry a spotter when I am out and about... I will probably add the Razor 16-48 or 11-33 down the road!

I would highly recommend them!!!

I've also been looking at the Razor 16-48 and understand it is the same body style as the 20-60. Vortex says the mil eye piece does not fit the 16-48 but has anyone tried to put the 20-60 eye piece on the 16-48?

Vortex says the mil eye piece does not fit the 16-48 but has anyone tried to put the 20-60 eye piece on the 16-48?

I spoke with one of the guys at Vortex about this last week and they informed me that the reticle would fit, but because the scopes have different focal lengths, the reticle subtensions wouldn't be accurate in the 65mm.

My use would be for glassing game, long range targets, and using it with my camera for pictures. Reticles don't matter to me. I'm more concerned about glass quality.

I'm comparing it to the Leupold golden ring 12-40 spotter.