• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Tactical Website

Re: New Vortex Tactical Website

I was one of the ones that waited for what seemed like forever for the Razor to be released and was disappointed at the price when it finally went to market.

I gotta say I am excited about the Viper PST's. They look nice!
Congratulations Vortex.
The relatively low weight of these scopes is an added bonus.

Unless someone releases a pretty darn nice surprise, Vortex should have a real winner here.

There is one thing that I think is somewhat missing.
For those of us who think a 50mm obj is a lot of glass for this application, it would be nice to be able to at least purchase a 50mm ARD for the PST scopes.
Or, am I missing one somewhere?

Cant wait to here comparisons. I would really like to know how well the glass is compared to a NF or Sightron SIII glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JustaGusto,

we are waiting for a Razor review.

Could you please tell more details?

Jan </div></div>

There was two reviews done awhile back when the Razor debuted......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JustaGusto,

we are waiting for a Razor review.

Could you please tell more details?

Jan </div></div>You could always check this one out HERE.

I have to agree on most of what the previous posts list to the Razors performance. It fits my needs. I didnt want the big objective or the weight. As to everything, if it fits YOU..then you got a good deal.

"The eye relief on the PST's should read 4in, not 4mm LOL."

Ya reckon Sam? LOL! THAT would be very SCARY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halvis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The eye relief on the PST's should read 4in, not 4mm LOL."

Ya reckon Sam? LOL! THAT would be very SCARY! </div></div>

Hey, we just wanted to be sure that all the PST users out there could be easily identified by their black eyes!
wink.gif

-Sam

Sharp%20Shooter%202.gif
Black%20Eye.gif

Maybe y'all should engrave the edge of the ocular with XETROV and it could be a new form of advertising.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it would be nice to be able to at least purchase a 50mm ARD for the PST scopes.</div></div>

Any word on this? Vortex making an ARD, or making the PST to accept other ARD's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it would be nice to be able to at least purchase a 50mm ARD for the PST scopes.</div></div>

Any word on this? Vortex making an ARD, or making the PST to accept other ARD's? </div></div>

We have two different ARD's for the 5-20x50 Razor. One is a thread in type and the other uses a Bushwacker flip cap, with the ARD going inside the flip cap.

The thread in one won't fit the 50mm Viper PST's because the thread diameter is too large on the ARD. However the flip cap version will work and this is a part that our dealers can order from us.

I'm going to look into either doing another thread in version that will fit, or we might be able to do a step down ring that will allow the current thread in ARD to be adapted to fit. The diameters are really close, so I think that would work fine.

For the 44mm and 24mm PST's we don't have anything currently, but we are looking into doing ARD's for those as well. However, I don't have a definite date for availability on those yet.

-Sam

I wouldn't be interested in a flip cap ard... but a thread in one... Oh yes.

Keep it up, you guys are going to find a LOT... and I mean a LOT of customers with these lower priced tactical scopes.

Sam on the Viper PST 1-4x, is the dot visible in daylight or is the illumination more along the lines of a typical illuminated reticle?

The illumination is much brighter than a typical illuminated reticle and it is visible in daylight. About the only situation you won't see the red is when you put it against a very light colored object in the sun, such as snow. However, in those instances the black reticle contrasts very well against the background, so it is easily visible and still very fast to pick out.

As soon as you pan over anything that isn't in direct sunlight, or not a bright color the red stands out, so the reticle is always visible and fast against backgrounds.

-Sam

Sam, I'm glad to read about that the illumination of the 1-4 is bright enough for day use. But can the illumination be set that low the scope can be used in dusk/dawn?

regards

Dog,

We have Recons in stock now.

blonz,

Yes, the illumination is pretty low at the low end and I think it would work fine in dusk and dawn situations. We plan to do some more testing in those situations to confirm though, we just haven't had a chance yet with SHOT Show.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The illumination is much brighter than a typical illuminated reticle and it is visible in daylight. About the only situation you won't see the red is when you put it against a very light colored object in the sun, such as snow. However, in those instances the black reticle contrasts very well against the background, so it is easily visible and still very fast to pick out.

As soon as you pan over anything that isn't in direct sunlight, or not a bright color the red stands out, so the reticle is always visible and fast against backgrounds.

-Sam</div></div>

Thanks for the response, Sam. This scope is really appealing, I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews when they start coming out.