• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32mm FFP

Re: New Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32mm FFP

Now that's a scope I'd seriously consider.

The weight is a hair under a NF 2.5-10X32 (18.7 oz vs. 19) and it's not much longer (12.8" vs. 12" ). I'm of course hoping SWFA introduces an SS 3-12/15 scope with a 42/44 mm objective that's comparable in size and weight...in a timely manner :)

Oo-my that like a good all around scope, hint..hint swfa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a nice little scope for an AR:
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...reticle/reticle

Wish they would offer that EBR-2B reticle in the PST line... </div></div>

That is indeed a nice scope. One little niggle though (and there's always a niggle with these smaller scopes that are not Nightforce compacts
grin.gif
): the turrets are too high (I know looks aren't everything but it tall turrets look ungainly on an AR).

I currently have the Midway Viper HS 3-15x40 on a Mk12 clone, kindof a placeholder until I get a "permanent" scope for that rifle, and the one thing that bugs me about that scope is how tall the turrets are. This scope looks to also have fairly high turrets, as does the new Weaver 2-10x36.

To have compact mil-based turrets in a compact scope, you basically have to go over $1,000 -- IOR 2.5-10x42 or NF Compact or March.

I've got the SFP... would not need the FFP. At 10x its like a FFP anyways. Plus the recticle multiplier and it works. I'm very happy, And the Glass is Awesome!

I agree with the EBR-2B but to be honest I would love to see the EBR-2. I like it better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a nice little scope for an AR:

+1 for the EBR-2B in the PST line!

How does the vortex pst line hold up? I'm trying to figure out what scope I want to put on my mk12 mod1. I like the price of this new pst scope, but I've heard mixed reviews on there optics. The other scope would be to just go to the night force and leave it at that. If anyone when they get this scow puts a good review and some pictures of it I would much appreciate it.

Want. This newer version also has side focus. That was my biggest gripe about the SFP version.

anything show up on these? FFP with zero stop and side parallax - a lot to like.

a guy on the SWFA forum has pics but hasn't replied to questions yet...

Both the MRAD and MOA versions are actually listed on SWFA.com. I haven't sent them an email yet, but was going to ask if they are in stock or it would be a 'preorder' per se.

Pre-order ONLY would be my guess as the scope isn't projected to be released until this Spring.

I too am looking forward to a review from any Hide members who are at SHOT. I'm sure that Scott from LO and/or Doug from CameralandNY (among others) will post their SHOT Show reports which are always detailed and insightful. I know I told Doug I was very interested in his impressions prior to SHOT, so I;m sure he'll come through.

Hopefully, Scott (from Vortex) will have given the SHOT attendees some more specifics on the scopes including possible availability, more definite pricing ($899 is the list I think at this point, but SWFA already has them at $799...maybe a special pre-order/introductory price), as well as any other pertinent info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm of course hoping SWFA introduces an SS 3-12/15 scope with a 42/44 mm objective that's comparable in size and weight...in a timely manner :) </div></div>

Fingers crossed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pre-order ONLY would be my guess as the scope isn't projected to be released until this Spring.

I too am looking forward to a review from any Hide members who are at SHOT.</div></div>

I'm hoping John (Lonewolf) gets over there and is able to take a look. At least with a price listed I have a number to start saving for...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pre-order ONLY would be my guess as the scope isn't projected to be released until this Spring.

I too am looking forward to a review from any Hide members who are at SHOT. I'm sure that Scott from LO and/or Doug from CameralandNY (among others) will post their SHOT Show reports which are always detailed and insightful. I know I told Doug I was very interested in his impressions prior to SHOT, so I;m sure he'll come through.

Hopefully, Scott (from Vortex) will have given the SHOT attendees some more specifics on the scopes including possible availability, more definite pricing ($899 is the list I think at this point, but SWFA already has them at $799...maybe a special pre-order/introductory price), as well as any other pertinent info. </div></div>\

actually the guy in THIS thread said he has one and has pics.

http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-viper-pst-2510x32-in-ffp_topic35441.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For an extra 50% over nearly the same scope they have now I don't see the value. </div></div>

Im I the only one who doesn't know what he is talking about?

50% over what nearly the same scope? if you talking about the original pst its 30% more than a scope that's not even close to the same

I used to only buy Leupold, USO, NF, etc., until I came across Vortex. I couldn't take them seriously until I saw what sites were carrying their ads, and the reviews from LowLight, so I bought a Viper 6.5-20x44 MilDot, then a 2.5-10x44 PST MRAD, then several pairs of Viper R/T 8x28 mini binos, a Nomad, and a Viper HS Tactical 5-15x44 Mildot.

I like the 2.5-10x44 the best so far. I just handled the 2.5-10x32 at SHOT, but you can't get a good feel for optical quality indoors. That said, it looked really good.

Their 1-6x Razor HD is really nice, with a daylight bright red dot.

Vortex1_zpsc2059d69.jpg

Vortex2_zps7607bf32.jpg

MOA reticle @ 2.5x:
Vortex3_zps01f2f724.jpg

MOA reticle @ 10x:
Vortex4_zpsb8818abc.jpg

I really liked this scope. I got the impression that the Vortex people were surprised by the level in interest in it. They were very receptive to suggestions about putting the EBR-2B reticle in it and about making some of the other scopes FFP. I don't know if they will, but they were a lot more interested in listening to suggestions than some of the other guys...

This is nice, looks like great hunting scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a nice little scope for an AR:

That is indeed a nice scope. One little niggle though (and there's always a niggle with these smaller scopes that are not Nightforce compacts
grin.gif
): the turrets are too high (I know looks aren't everything but it tall turrets look ungainly on an AR).

I currently have the Midway Viper HS 3-15x40 on a Mk12 clone, kindof a placeholder until I get a "permanent" scope for that rifle, and the one thing that bugs me about that scope is how tall the turrets are. This scope looks to also have fairly high turrets, as does the new Weaver 2-10x36.

To have compact mil-based turrets in a compact scope, you basically have to go over $1,000 -- IOR 2.5-10x42 or NF Compact or March. </div></div>

As far as the ungainly turrets comment goes I can see what you're saying about aesthetics, but I think that on the longer 2.5-10x it will be less ungainly than the more compact 1-4x. And in regards to function, it's nice to be able to clearly see what you're dialing versus the NF 2.5-10x. You can barely see the turrets with the mount. Besides looks, there is a bit of a advantage there.

I was visiting with Vortex on Tuesday, and I was told "spring". Overcast, rainy day... mighty bright, and very sharp. Grabbed a couple of pics:

photo_zps1ae25c32.jpg

51969bad-f640-4c34-9200-0e11f198eb77_zps7e6b5ead.jpg

Mark H.

i really want to know if the glass quality(clarity,resolution,etc.) is comparible to the vortex viper pst 2.5-10x44 or is it actually better.

i know what has been suggested here but i mean reality.

...or compared to the weaver tactical 2-10x36.