• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Vudoo barrelled action, suppressor issue

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I put together my new Vudoo today, and was a bit dismayed to see that my rimfire suppressor did not tighten down all the way to the shoulder. This is not a new issue, on many rifles I use a spacer that came with the can, but the vudoo barrel threads are too short to put the spacer on, and too long to fully thread the can. Is this a known issue? Are the any known solutions, or is it acceptable just to tighten it down to the muzzle with a small gap?

What can? What is the thread length on the barrel?

My Tactical Solutions Axiom works great with no spacers/washers.

Call Vudoo in the morning. (y)

Surefire Ryder. I will call in AM.

Should always put a dab of Lock tite anti seize on the thread, and sonic clean your suppressor once in awhile........

Sounds like a can issue and not a Vudoo issue. Especially since they send a spacer with their can. Never saw that before. I know many who use cans on their Vudoos without issue. @RAVAGE88 might be able to help.

Sounds like a can issue and not a Vudoo issue. Especially since they send a spacer with their can. Never saw that before. I know many who use cans on their Vudoos without issue. @RAVAGE88 might be able to help.

Almost every rimfire can either sells one or comes with one. Rimfire thread depth is supposed to be .4 to the shoulder, but many (most) rifles are threaded at .6 to the shoulder to mimic .223 cans. The vudoo is .454 to the shoulder, which accounts for the gap. If you would like to verify this info, which actually seems like a Vudoo issue, check the TBAC site.

Reactions: chrismartin
Well call and check as it's an issue I haven't heard about but sounds like the spacer shouldn't be needed per your post and if the threads are the right length to shoulder and not damaged then it seems the rifle did its part. Stranger things have happened though.

Almost every rimfire can either sells one or comes with one. Rimfire thread depth is supposed to be .4 to the shoulder, but many (most) rifles are threaded at .6 to the shoulder to mimic .223 cans. The vudoo is .454 to the shoulder, which accounts for the gap. If you would like to verify this info, which actually seems like a Vudoo issue, check the TBAC site.

Have you checked the silencer itself as well? My silencer is threaded all the way through, so a .054 difference wouldn't stop it from seating to the shoulder (The blast baffle would be a little closer to the muzzle).
However, if you shoot a lot on a normal .4" thread, there will be a ton of carbon and lead build up on the last part of the silencer threads and that can prevent it from going on to a longer threaded barrel (Huntsman22 mentioned this as well)

Reactions: Rob01
Have you checked the silencer itself as well? My silencer is threaded all the way through, so a .054 difference wouldn't stop it from seating to the shoulder (The blast baffle would be a little closer to the muzzle).
However, if you shoot a lot on a normal .4" thread, there will be a ton of carbon and lead build up on the last part of the silencer threads and that can prevent it from going on to a longer threaded barrel (Huntsman22 mentioned this as well)
I measured to the internal shoulder, there isn't extra room. Maybe not a great design decision on their part, but it can't thread all the way through.

That's bs on "almost every rimfire can sells one or comes with one", maybe a few do, but not most. The several cans for .22lr I have been around it has never been mentioned or never even seen this problem. My Liberty suppressor has been on about 12 22's and never been needed.

That's bs on "almost every rimfire can sells one or comes with one", maybe a few do, but not most. The several cans for .22lr I have been around it has never been mentioned or never even seen this problem. My Liberty suppressor has been on about 12 22's and never been needed.
Sounds funny to me that your spacer is too thick to use? How thick is it?

Liberty sells one. They are necessary for 22s that are threaded to 223 length of .6. Very common.

the threads are out of spec .05 too long. Verified. Thanks for playing. It’s being taken care of.

Sounds funny to me that your spacer is too thick to use? How thick is it?
Spacers are for in spec 223 length threads. This barrel is out of spec 22 length. That is why the spacer doesn’t work.

Reactions: Cuzz
My TBAC tightens right up without any issue. Hell it won’t come off without a fight most of the time.

no spacer needed.

My TBAC tightens right up without any issue. Hell it won’t come off without a fight most of the time.

no spacer needed.
Right and per conversation with tbac today their rimfire will take no more that .400 of thread. I am sure 99% of vudoo barrels are perfect that way. Mistakes happen. They have good customer service. It’s all good.

Yeah I just got my dead air mask the other day and it fits perfect with my vudoo. I’m sure they will fix any issues.