• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Weaver tactical 3-15x50

Re: New Weaver tactical 3-15x50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't think their warranty extends beyond the first owner.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/general/warranty/

"Weaver Service and Support Limited Lifetime Warranty: Weaver warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for as long as <span style="font-weight: bold">it is owned by the original owner</span>. Weaver will repair or replace (at Weavers' option) any such defective product when it is returned by the original owner with a copy of the original receipt. The repair or replacement will be without charge* except for <span style="font-weight: bold">reasonable shipping, handling and insurance charges</span>."

It maybe a different story if you have all the papers... </div></div>

I called Weaver after I bought my scope here on the hide and was told that this does not apply to their tactical line of scopes, that the tactical line is user transferable. Whether or not this is true is yet to be seen, maybe the rep got it wrong, we're still going to need someone with firsthand experience to prove or disprove this. </div></div>

I got an email from ATK Technical Services that stated "Full lifetime warranty to original registered owner" so whoever told you that must have had the wrong information. SWFA's response to questions about the Weaver warranty was "full lifetime warranty." That's misleading if it only applies to the original owner. I've asked them to clarify but haven't gotten a response yet.

Can anyone tell me the battery life on this scope? The new models I'm told will only be illuminated in the center instead of the entire posts so should have better battery life.

I'd also be interested to know if the Tactical line carries a lifetime user transferrable warranty. Perhaps I will call or email them.

Regarding the turret hash marks not lining up, I have found that is dependent on whether the turret was locked or unlocked when it was zeroed. If I zero the rifle and reset the zero with the turrets unlocked, then lock and unlock the turret, the likelihood is they will be off. If then I lock the turret, unscrew the cap and move the zero one "value" (not a full hash/tick mark, there is an even finer adjustment between the marks) in the direction need for the hash mark to line up, I find when I then unlock the turret, it's dead nuts on.

Sounds more complicated than it is. I have been able to line up the hash marks perfect with a little patience and trial and error. What has not changed is if my hash marks line up when unlocked, they will not when locked (and vice versa). I have to wiggle the turret just a little to get it to lock down all the way and this offsets the marks slightly. No big deal cause I'm not adjusting them when they're locked and the return to proper alignment when unlocked.

Regarding the illumination, I don't have a quantitative answer but I've accidentally left it on overnight more than once and it's still going strong. For as little as I find myself in a situation to use illumination, I'm sure a new battery would hit it's expiration date before I used all it's juice.

I mounted mine in Weaver medium rings (.5") and it works great on flattop with no front sight post, and an A2 stock. IMO, you only need a 1" mount if you are trying to clear a front sight. [/quote]

Those rings worked for the 3-15x50? What handguard do you have?

I'll post a brief review; I love the thing. I've had it on top of a remington 700 for about 8 months, functioned flawlessly. I've accidentally left it set to low illumination for a few days (was between range trips), and it's still going strong. I've had no issues with turret alignment. Vertical and horizontal tracking are great. I've not owned much in the way of glass, save some MeOpta stuff, but it compares nicely to that. It's been clear, easy to clean. Heavy as hell, no debating that, but I'll take it for the price point. Aside from some of the SWFA options, I couldn't find much that was illuminated, FFP, and with similiar specs anywhere near the price.

So is this still considered one of the top contenders in it's price range? My research has pointed me this direction for my AR10 build.

Thanks,

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crazymjb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is this still considered one of the top contenders in it's price range? My research has pointed me this direction for my AR10 build.

Thanks,

Mike </div></div>

Yes, you won't be dissapointed with one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crazymjb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is this still considered one of the top contenders in it's price range? My research has pointed me this direction for my AR10 build.

Thanks,

Mike </div></div>

The other similar option is the Bushnell 3-12x44, illuminated, FFP. Both are very good options in the $650-$750 price range.

The only thing delaying my purchase is the thought that they will release the 4-20 with zero stops (maybe) and more elevation (likely) before my rifle is ready. Can't hurt to have two great scopes, but it's hard to justify for only one great rifle.

The 4-20 is also an attractive option, though it seems to lack the illumination. Eventually I am sure it will come out, thats the funny thing with technology. What is the reccomended mount for these for ar platform rifles. I am thinking somewhere along the lines of one piece larue or adm. Costs and benefits with a built in 20moa setup?

Thanks

Mike

The other day I was at Academy and saw a Weaver Kaspa 3-12x44. I liked the turrets more than I thought I would. Are these turrets similar to the ones on the Weaver 3-15 Tactical? Thanks.

Sub 1K, you'll have a very tough time beating the 3-15 FFP offering from Weaver. I own one and have been on the look out for any used ones floating around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike in Boise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Customer Service Rep says he's only heard of the misalignment problem a couple of times. Something's fishy here. He suggested I send it back. I asked him specifically if this was an issue I will likely see if I get a replacement and he said "probably not". We'll see. It's going back today. </div></div>
before you send it back
leave knob in down position, loosen and rezero your knobs.
Then see if everything lines up. Always rezero your knobs in the down/locked position.

I think i had the same issue and spoke to some one at Weaver. This fixed my problem. Didn't really mind the marks not lining up but having to wiggle it everytime was pissing me off. </div></div>

this is the warning sign the screw that holds the whole turret assembly is getting loose,,when it gets to a certian point when you unlock the turret to make adjustments it will come up to high and free spin ,meaning the knob will turn but it wont be turning the adjustment assembly inside the scope.

after returning the scope I was told they had a few that the thread locker didnt hold,,I just got message that the scope is fixed and should be in the mail on the way back Monday,,

Anyone know who has a good deal going on these sights? I contacted SWFA a couple months ago for a quote but decided to hold off for the bolt carrier group to show up for the AR10. I contacted them again the other day as the BCG arrived and they had agreed to match my price, but it seems when it came time to place the order they were not able to do so. A little disappointed as the price was mentioned in the email, but that's life I suppose. That said, I am looking at a $100 price increase over my original quote so I was hoping some place you guys know of may have them at a good price.

Mike

Anyone know who has a good deal going on these sights? I contacted SWFA a couple months ago for a quote but decided to hold off for the bolt carrier group to show up for the AR10. I contacted them again the other day as the BCG arrived and they had agreed to match my price, but it seems when it came time to place the order they were not able to do so. A little disappointed as the price was mentioned in the email, but that's life I suppose. That said, I am looking at a $100 price increase over my original quote so I was hoping some place you guys know of may have them at a good price.

Mike

I would just keep looking around. I bought the lower mag option about a month ago. I got it off opticsplanet. they had a sale plus there is a manufacturer's rebate at this time as well believe.

Amazon is a good place to get these. I think I paid $699 for this back 6 months ago or so. If you have an Amazon credit card, you'll get an additional 3% ($21) off in rewards. That, and the pretty much unconditional 30 day return policy and free shipping made it a no-brainer for me.

Best sub-$1000 scope there is, in my opinion. Also reportedly made by the same factory that does Nightforce scopes (it actually feels and looks like a NF scope).

Last edited:
I've heard only good things, so hopefully I get it figured out sooner rather than later.

What are you guys using for mounts? I was thinking of going with an ADM recon mount with 20 MOA built in.

Mike

Well SWFA did a price match for me, not perfect, but with the rebate It's a good deal. I also ordered an ADM recon mount with the 20MOA built in. Hopefully it shows up soon!

Mike

I have 2 ADM 20 MOA Recon mounts on AR-15s. I think they are a lot of mount for the money.
Some say they are sub par because they do not RTZ perfectly.
Personally I have not tested RTZ; I bought the mounts not for the QD but because at the time they were the only cantilevered 20 MOA mounts I could find for under $200. The QD was a bonus.
For me, QD means quick detach, as in, the only reason I need QD is so that in the event the primary optic fails I can remove it without tools and use the BUIS. I could care less if it RTZ. That's my thought on the matter.

That's a nice setup you have purchased, I can't imagine you won't be happy.

Joe

I've never heard they don't RTZ properly... On some ARFCOM scientist claimed they don't mount up as well as the Larues... but that means nothing to me.

I got it for 150 shipped so I won't complain.

Mike