• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New well kinda Remington R51

Independent

Independent
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2006
Denver, Colorado
I have been reading about the soon to be released Remington R51 compact single stack 9mm.
Was wanting some input from some folks on design, shootability, TRIGGER, love it, hate it?

I am not a big fan of compact pistols but this one intrigues me. If someone handled one at SHOT I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Damn that pic next to the 1911 really sums it up. Now I am bummed I had high hopes for this not so little handgun.

Everybody else did too.

I am not saying it wouldn't be exactly what you were wanting. I was just pointing out that the size, on paper, doesn't seem that impressive.

Pick one up at the local gun store and see how small it feels.

I don't think I will be getting one.

Not sure I get the excitement over this pistol. Hasn't it been around for quite some time in the form of a PPK, CZ50, CZ70, Makarov, etc. etc. etc? One could argue that most guns are based on improving on an old design, but this one really doesn't seem to do anything better than the old ones did, other than possibly being slightly lighter.

The price for this pistol seems good for steel/alum. People love the PPK and PPK/s and they bite with good ammo! The scandium J frames can be brutal, but I carry one as it fits my needs. Maybe this old/new pistol might "fit" some needs! The market will decide.

what got me was the retarded breakdown/assembly procedure with the picky spring position. i'll wait for awhile before i decide to pick one up. let them work out the bugs. if it is the same size as my XDs, then i don't see the need really. bummer.