• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New wheels on the Challenger R/T

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

Just installed Boss 338 wheels and a Billlet fuel door. Love this car. Hardly shoot my rifles anymore.

Re: New wheels on the Challenger R/T

Those look right on that car. I like it! If I was on the market for a musclebound 2dr. That would probably be it, or a Shelby, or...Hell I couldn't make up my mind.LOL The scoot gives Me my HP rush when I need it, an I couldn't afford a musclecar too.

Sweet looking ride man. Good luck with it.
About those pesky rifles, I can take them off your hands for ya.
grin.gif

Im a lefty probably no good to ya anyway. Too many hobbies getting spread thin.

That is just HOT! Are they even kind of smokey tinted? I like it is what I'm saying!! Almost brings out the R/T badging on the hood/fender area.

SAWEET! ride!

-G45

The Challenger is everything the Charger should have been, sad what the Anti-Chrystler did to it. At least they got one right.

I dig the wheels, the gunmetal matches the accents very well... and I don't feel queer saying that because we're talking about a muscle car, lol.

I looked hard at the new Camaro, but I don't much like what the brand has become anymore.

Looks good! You have to close the wheel gap now though.

Very nice looking car Brian! How do you like it? I am really glad to see they still build cars like these. The Challenger, Camaro and Mustang are doing a good job of getting people excited about cars again.

They kind of look like the old Cragar wheels that were so popular in the 70's.

FYI - If you want to see what different styles of wheels will look like on your car, this website has the tool to try them on.

http://www.wheelsnext.com/preview-wheels-on-my-car/

If your car isn't in the database, you can upload one and use your own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hamr56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking car Brian! How do you like it? I am really glad to see they still build cars like these. The Challenger, Camaro and Mustang are doing a good job of getting people excited about cars again. </div></div>

Some of us have never stopped being excited about cars. We just weren't excited about domestic cars for quite a while
laugh.gif

Its a blast driving it. I know its not the fastest out there its way too heavy but love the looks. Too much into it to beat the hell out of it. Not to mention its a Dodge it would probably fall apart. Its my first american car. Even though its made in mexico and canada. My Toyota is made in the states at least.

Looks really good.... I'm not a dodge guy but I do like the Challenger

I'm a mopar guy from way back... Had a '70 Barracuda in my stable years ago. I'm so glad these are making a come back.

VERY nice ride!! VERY NICE!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Too much into it to beat the hell out of it.
Not to mention its a Dodge it would probably fall apart. </div></div>

Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?

Take that wench onto a good road and wring her out. Clear the cobwebs out of the pipes(high rpms are the only way to do this)

If you think it will fall apart, why did you get it? We got a '04 Dak, had a '01 R/T ACR Neon, beat the crap out of both and they held on for the better part of ten years, aside from replacing RUSTY parts from being upstate.

Take that poor car out and DRIVE it, and quit profiling it down the main cruise

I worked in auto body for 7yrs and saw my share of Dodges crap out. A few friends have had nothing but trouble with Jeep and Dodge trucks. Love the looks but don't trust it over the long term. Believe me I drive it but from what Ive seen the quality control sucks. Passenger seat belt buckle was installed backwards,paint is loaded with dirt, and dashboard has a dip in passenger side. Scary how many guys have the same issues and worse. Im seeing door panels cracking and rocker panels as well. Sad that they came out with such an awesome car and can't work the bugs out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good! You have to close the wheel gap now though. </div></div>

Agreed, drop that girl. Nice wheels.

I know vicious circle new springs would be key. Not sure I wanna deal with ground clearance issues. Too many things to buy where does it end

Bringing this back from the dead.

Brian,

I just purchased a 2011 Challenger R/T classic. My question is what upgrades have you done? and how much horse power have you gained after the mods?

Thanks,

Shooter

Looks like this:

2011-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Bright-White-offset-front21165119_std.jpg

That car is like the way I like my women... Black and beefy. Granted I like them more when their white and fast.

I did lower the car last month as well. I installed the Eibach lowering kit whick includes shocks,springs and sway bars. It was pretty easy but had to drop the rear to install the sway bar. Looks so much better after the 1.5in drop. Have to post new pics. Heres my mods:

mopar cat back exaust
mopar strut tower brace
jtl air intake
b&m short throw shifter
predator tune 93 octane
boss 338 wheels
billet catch can

If you have an auto the tune makes a visable difference. I love the car and the exaust sounds so much better. Id say I added at least 30hp. Go on challengertalk and ck out all the forums for the r/t.

Thanks. I have the Mopar cool air intake and front strut tower brace on order. Looking at putting STS twin turbo on it. However, I will have to wait until I can save up enough funds. I want to put ARH headers, high flow cats, and AFE exhaust on it. Then tune it with the predator 91. I need to find a place that has a dyno so I can see the gains in horse power.

There is a guy by me who does tunes and dyno runs but I just didn't think it was worth the $600. Think Im done with my mods. Im pretty happy with the car now. I lucked out when I got mine Dodge gave 2k for parts so thats how I got the exaust,air,cover and tower brace. Gets expensive like any hobby. Good luck with the car.