• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Winchester 44. mag Brass

Omega1911

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Bastrop, Texas
Hey you all. I just received 2 new 100 count bags of Winchester .44 mag brass and out of 200 37 will not fit into the Lee shell holder(s), as I have two for each caliber I load for in case I lose one. They also won't fit into the Lee hand primer shell holder. Dial calipers reveal they are about 3-4/1000nths too big around at the base. For the hell of it I put them in the freezer overnight, no dice. Never had an issue with Win brass before.

Looks like the bags are clearly marked with batch number and such, anyone ever see this and have any experience with Winchester/Olin customer service as I am fixin' to give them a call?

Thanks!

Re: New Winchester 44. mag Brass

Yes, I have seen the same thing with some of their brass. If you rotate the case some as you insert it into the shell holder, sometimes it will go. When they cut the extraction groove, sometimes they do not get enough material out, and it is too thick. It drives me nuts when a customer orders 100 rounds, and I give them 95 or 97 because of this problem. Call Win, and see what they say. I have about 50 cases in various calibers just like this. I would say the WSM and some of the belted magnum rounds are the worst.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey you all. </div></div>
By the way, you can say ya'll!
laugh.gif

Re: New Winchester 44. mag Brass

Thanks man much appreciated yeah I had about 5 or so more the rotation trick worked, the rest are no go.....

Good thing you warned me about the belted mags as I was fixin' to order some .300 winny from them. Not any more. ;>)

By the way, you can say ya'll<<<<<

LOL duly noted. I ain't native Texan but got here as fast as I could.