• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New World Record Rifle

Shawn Bevins

Cadex Defence
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Canada
www.cadexdefence.com
If anyone was wondering what the exact rifle was that was used by our Canadian snipers to take down a hostile ISIS fighter at 3540 meters and bring home the record of the World's furthest confirmed kill shot in Military history ....well here it is, a McMillan Tac 50 in a Dual Strike chassis. We are proud to provide our customers with nothing but the best! #sendit#mcmillan #cadexdefence #madeincanada. Read more here: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...way/418889001/

Attachments

• photo61330.jpg
    photo61330.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
1: Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,540 meters.

2: British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters

3: Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters

4: Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters

5: U.S. sniper Brian Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters

Last edited:
keep up the good work fellas, and congrats to our norther neighbors for some damn fine shooting.

Shawn Bevins - what barrel is on it? Thought McBros used either Schneider or Lilja but wasnt sure if the Canucks went with maybe one a the home team guys, Maclennan, Ron K Smith, Gaillard, etc..??

What ammo were they using? Based off Hornady's 750 gr A-MAX Match load @2820 fps that's 54.9 mils/188.8 moa w/ a 100 yd zero! Damn

That is a truly remarkable shot. It's cool to see cadex being used in military apps.
I wonder what the other Isis group members were thinking when one just drops dead.

Better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and say oh shit.....

Damn nice shot

Attachments

• attach6485317.jpg
    attach6485317.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 68
  • photo61419.jpg
    photo61419.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 99
Right on that Cadex was the chassis system used! Hopefully this gets them alot of good press and sales!

First thing I did was run the numbers, damn. Another +/- 100yds and its another 40-50' of elevation.
Buy that man a cigar. (or Tim Hortons)

Rob Furlong used the Tac 50 as well. With American ammo (not sure exactly what kind). Badass gun

For me I'm what I've been told it was from a very elevated position and conditions were very nice. Impressive regardless.

Sorry to be that guy, but I find this hard to believe with a 50. How many shots did it take? Must have been more than 15 I would guess.

Wouldn't matter if it took 100 shots, its still a new world record...

Last edited:
Curious to know what optics were used. Seeing and identifying a man sized target at that range is impressive in and of itself. I know the article said they had a secondary observation team but it's still impressive.

I hope the sniper got awarded a forward observer MOS for that shot. Thats strait indirect fire range.

Dammit I always wanted a Tac-50. I bet the price just went up a grand and there will be a two year wait.

Curious to know what optics were used. Seeing and identifying a man sized target at that range is impressive in and of itself. I know the article said they had a secondary observation team but it's still impressive.

Sean's post shows a Niteforce with a LRA bipod.

Damn, I don't care what caliber/cartridge was used, that is one helluva shot!

Glad I got my Tac-50 action on order 6 months ago! I'll be lucky to hit 1/2 that distance any time soon.

fetch?photoid=6484894.jpg

I'll go with Sean, but who knows it could be a S&B. Certianly they needed a different mount than the one shown to get 60 mills or what ever adjustment they needed at there Density altitude.

This is a good read........ SOFREP Exclusive: The inside story of Canada’s JTF2 record-breaking sniper kill

SOFREP Original Content

By Jack Murphy| 06.22.2017

#Expert Analysis

The Canadian snipers had carefully chosen their hide site. From an elevated position, the Special Operations sniper looked through his scope at a stationary human target leaning against a cement wall over two miles away. The four-man sniper team had been pushing their shots out further and further into Mosul over the course of several days, taking down ISIS terrorists in long-range engagements. Now, they were about to make history.

Three Canadian sniper detachments have been active in Mosul, Iraq. Two of those sniper detachments hail from Canadian Special Operations Regiment (CSOR) and one from Joint Task Force 2 (JTF2), both units falling under Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM). CSOR handles tasks commonly associated with American units such as Special Forces and Rangers while JTF2 is Canada’s counter-terrorism unit, filling a role similar to Delta Force. That CSOR is in Kurdistan conducting an advise and assist mission is public knowledge. JTF2 was accidentally exposed in theater by a video released in 2015. What the Trudeau administration doesn’t want people to know is that Canadian troops are actively involved in combat. Like many other western governments, the advise and assist mission is used as a politically neutral term to disguise what is really happening on the ground.

The record-breaking shot was taken by the JTF2 sniper team nearly a month ago, but is just being publicized now, largely because the Canadian military is proud of what their men have accomplished despite what hand wringing politicians might think. Let’s get one thing straight, the record-breaking shot was not at a distance of 3,450 meters as the press has reported, but 90 meters further at a range of 3,540 meters. This smashes the previous record-setting distance for a sniper kill which was 2,475 meters held by British sniper Craig Harrison.

Canadian snipers are known to be amongst the best in the world and the JTF2 sniper detachment had been training for ultra-long range engagements prior to their deployment in preparation for Mosul. From their sniper hide, a number of factors lined up making the record-breaking shot possible. Using Kestral wind meters and ballistic software, the guess-work has been removed from ballistics. This truly makes sniping a science, as successful shots are based on math. On this particular day, there was little wind and no mirage. Through their scope, the sniper and spotter saw the target remaining still long enough for them to hit from 3,540 meters away.

The McMillan Tac-50 was hardly a new rifle, but would do the job. The round fired was a match grade armor-piercing incendiary (API) round. JTF2 mostly utilizes Schmidt and Bender scopes, but also some made by Night Force. Which optic used that day remains unknown at this time. The rifle had been customized in order to gain the mil elevation needed to reach a target at such great distances by attaching special rails to the weapon. The adjustments dialed into the scope by the JTF2 sniper were 113 mils of elevation and 6.5 mils of windage. To learn more about the mil-dot system and how snipers use it to adjust for distance and wind, take a look at the following website.

The JTF2 sniper fired, and the target went down, felled by a .50 caliber bullet from over two miles away. The episode was actually recorded by a Predator drone circling overhead. SOFREP has also seen confirmation of the shot from CANSOFCOM.

Minutes later, the same sniper/spotter team noticed a group of three ISIS terrorists standing close to each other at about 3,200 meters away. It would have been another record-breaking shot. The sniper fired at the group and all three hit the ground. One shot, three kills? Unfortunately not this time, the three terrorists sprung up and ran away. The bullet most likely passed right in between them. For the Canadian hunter/killer team it was still an amazing day. Chalking up a record-breaking sniper kill is one thing, having video evidence of it puts the shot into a whole other league.

The JTF2 snipers cannot be named for security purposes.

Author

Jack Murphy is an eight year Army Special Operations veteran who served as a Sniper and Team Leader in 3rd Ranger Battalion and as a Senior Weapons Sergeant on a Military Free Fall team in 5th Special Forces Group. Having left the military in 2010, he graduated from Columbia with a BA in political science. Murphy is the author of Reflexive Fire, Target Deck, Direct Action, and numerous non-fiction articles about Weapons, Tactics, Special Operations, Terrorism, and Counter-Terrorism. He has appeared in documentaries, national television, and syndicated radio

No need to sell too much bullshit ,shots at such distances even with best of calculation folowing realy good MV and BC data and conditions are still potshots Mosul is qiute low at 770 feet ASL and there is few features around that would give much angle to elevated shoot, just MV variations from shot to shot mean bullets are flying high and low (10FPS at MV means at least 6feet down the range)with all other things being perfect including shooter somehow being able to aim for those 75+mil and spotter calling the range and wind dead on, there is nothing wrong if it took 50 rounds walking into a clueless target(bullets are deeply subsonic) till round conected ,rounds falling sometimes tens of feet away but there is no need for BS fairy tales with one round hit and near miss the second round.

MSM is full of fairy tale stories of snipers , some media titles bellow

Brits just love tall tales and every thing is attributed to SAS , but its clear these are just feel good pure Propaganda stories

SAS sniper 'shot an ISIS jihadi dead from 1.5miles away' using the world's most powerful rifle

An elite British SAS sniper killed three ISIS militants with single bullet through a 10-inch wall from more than a kilometre away.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

An elite SAS sniper blew the head off a sick Islamic State (ISIS) commander teaching 20 jihadis how to decapitate prisoners.

A crack SAS sniper killed an ISIS leader and his henchmen moments before they were set to burn 12 hostages to death.

SAS Sniper Kills 4 ISIS Dirtbags, Stops Imminent Murder with Single Bullet

SAS sniper kills FIVE ISIS suicide bombers with just THREE bullets

British SAS Sniper Decapitates ISIS Ringleader

Tip of the Cap to SAS Sniper on his 100th ISIS Kill in Mosul

Last edited:
No need to sell too much bullshit ,shots at such distances even with best of calculation folowing realy good MV and BC data and conditions are still potshots Mosul is qiute low at 770 feet ASL and there is few features around that would give much angle to elevated shoot, just MV variations from shot to shot mean bullets are flying high and low with all other things being perfect including shooter somehow being able to aim for those 75+mil and spotter calling the range and wind dead on, there is nothing wrong if it took 50 rounds and target was clueless too deeply subsonic rounds falling sometimes many meters away but there is no need for BS fairy tales with one round hit and near miss the second round.

MSM is full of fairy tale stories of snipers

Brits just love tall tales and every thing is attributed to SAS , but its clear these are just feel good pure Propaganda stories

SAS sniper 'shot an ISIS jihadi dead from 1.5miles away' using the world's most powerful rifle

An elite British SAS sniper killed three ISIS militants with single bullet through a 10-inch wall from more than a kilometre away.

Hero SAS sniper saves father and eight-year-old son from being beheaded by ISIS maniac

An elite SAS sniper blew the head off a sick Islamic State (ISIS) commander teaching 20 jihadis how to decapitate prisoners.

A crack SAS sniper killed an ISIS leader and his henchmen moments before they were set to burn 12 hostages to death.

SAS Sniper Kills 4 ISIS Dirtbags, Stops Imminent Murder with Single Bullet

SAS sniper kills FIVE ISIS suicide bombers with just THREE bullets

British SAS Sniper Decapitates ISIS Ringleader

Tip of the Cap to SAS Sniper on his 100th ISIS Kill in Mosul[/

Youve never been to Mosul except maybe on a video game so stop your bullshit. The shot and kill was verified by our JSOC and if you were in the know you wouldnt be spending so much effort posting hater shit like a sandnigger whos brother gifted a 3rd eyeball. Take your hater bullshit somewhere else buddy because we have brothers there now in the shit that we support while we're here enjoying our beers and cheeseburgers.

Well then, that escalated quickly. Someone run it on the WEZ with realistic parameters for shits and giggles?

Even with use of custom mount or Tarac periscope , you only solved the easy part of actualy being able to dial out and being able to aim at the target in sight at all , Variables and garbage in garbage out still remain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyXrdTdxkU

Attachments

• photo61768.png
    photo61768.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 25