• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Zeiss gripe ...send it back or deal with it?

springer01

Minuteman
Dec 27, 2005
Brownfield, Texas
I just bought a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with the rapid z varmint reticle got it in today. Pulled it out of the box and looked through it when I noticed that there is a fiber at about 2:00 about half the length of an eyelash. First thought it was on the objective then realized it was inside I'm debating on sending it back or just living with it. The scope is super clear, and I like the adjustable turrets was gonna run it on my 22-250 varmint rig. I just hate to drop a grand on something and it not be right. I'm not having much luck with scopes lately.. IOR sent back for problem 2 weeks ago now this.

Re: New Zeiss gripe ...send it back or deal with it?

I say send it back (Its probably going to annoy the crap out of you). It’s better to do it now before you spend the time mounting it and zeroing the scope.

Get it fixed
smile.gif

Not good enough. I have a scope with a similar issue and I didn't get it done. Years of being annoyed by it.

try hitting it on a phone book, not too hard though. Most scopes have grease inside of the tube to trap any particles left in it. Hitting it on a phone book might get it off the lense and onto the grease, problem solved without sending it back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try hitting it on a phone book, not too hard though. Most scopes have grease inside of the tube to trap any particles left in it. Hitting it on a phone book might get it off the lense and onto the grease, problem solved without sending it back.</div></div>

Cool..Ill try that!!

They have great CS. Either way you win.

If this does not work, send it back. You should enjoy the scope, not get aggrevated everytime you look thru it.
BTW, you should not even have to work with Zeiss CS on this, just contact the dealer you purchased it from for an exchange.

Zeiss has excellent CS. Send it back. Their turn around for me was around 10 days and they even picked up shipping both ways.

I have a Zeiss 6x that has some sort of a booger next to the reticle. It doesn't move and it is not on the front or rear lens. But the scope works ok anyway. Since I got a good deal on the scope I am not going to have a heart attack. But on a new one I would send it back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Zeiss 6x that has some sort of a booger next to the reticle. It doesn't move and it is not on the front or rear lens. But the scope works ok anyway. Since I got a good deal on the scope I am not going to have a heart attack. But on a new one I would send it back. </div></div>I told you that you shouldn't pick your nose and shoot at the same time
laugh.gif

I understand that if you put a handkerchief over the objective and blow thru the ocular lens it may solve your situation. If not the consult Lee Roy the Booger Picker
laugh.gif

Booger-Picker-10326.jpg

My apologies in advance.

I sent a pair of conquest binos in in tuesday for repairs. the objective lense cover lense ( a thin cover to protect the obj lense). I overnighted it to them and when they got it they called and said the conquest line had to go to germany to get service, however they said they have a loaner program while I wait so I had them send me those. they said they would be to me on monday which they were. in between then I got a call saying that the loaners on the way to me were actually a replacement for the ones i sent in. I got a brand new in original packaging set in less than a week after i sent the bad ones in. some of the best CS i've seen.
Adam

I had a similar problem from a scope that I purchased from Alex Roy at EuroOptics. He said: "Send it back and we will swap it out". To my surprise I received a new scope from him the next day without the "lint ball" before I could even pack the original.

If you bought it from him - no worries.

I'm running the exact same scope on a 22-250 and love it. I have had to sent another scope back to Zeiss and they definitely took care of me in a timely manner. I can't say that they were the most personable folks I have ever spoken to, but they stood by their warranty and fixed the issue. I would send it back.

Yes I did buy it from Alex at EuroOptics, gonna call him tomorrow and see what he recommends. Had planned to call him today, but didn't have a chance.

Thanks thanks for the feedback everyone! Its gonna have to be fixed I looked through it again today(after I tried the phone book trick) and can tell it will bug the crap out of me until its gone.