• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Zeiss spotter

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
I see Zeiss , have made a long spotter scope that looks a bit like the Old draw type , but it is not , seems to have been made for deer stalker guides etc in Scotland etc .

Re: New Zeiss spotter

Sounds like the new Ziess Dialyt Field Spotter

dialyt.jpg

When I saw this post I thought it refered to the new "Spotter 45". He Hensoldt Christmas Elf had one at the range here the other day and it was waaaaay cool!

45x max magnification which was plenty. Unbelievable clarity and a nice Gen 2 Mil Dot reticle in the middle of the FOV, not offset like the Mil Dot reticle in the Spotter 60.

Very Nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I saw this post I thought it refered to the new "Spotter 45". He Hensoldt Christmas Elf had one at the range here the other day and it was waaaaay cool!

45x max magnification which was plenty. Unbelievable clarity and a nice Gen 2 Mil Dot reticle in the middle of the FOV, not offset like the Mil Dot reticle in the Spotter 60.

Very Nice. </div></div>

Can you tell use more, i haven't found anything about it.

The spotter 45 is in the same body or housing as the "60" the only thing that they changed was the eyepiece if I am not mistaken. Im sure if you contacted HDC-Deadly here on the hide he could help ya out with any information.

AS

Please say this is a lot less expensive than the Spotter 60. PLEASE??
The Spotter 60 is without a doubt the best spotting scope my eyes have ever used.

A reticle like the FinnArmy one in this smaller spotter would be a good option , and as such , donot expect to ever see IT .

At this point I can say this:

Its the same size as the Spotter 60, magnification range is from 15X to 45X (done so Night Vision does not pixilate) and the one we have has a Gen 2 Mildot illuminated.

We are thinking that the price tag will be in the same ball park as the Spotter 60

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gr8fuldoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just spoke with ZEISS and they figure to have inventory within a month and the MAP $1299.99 </div></div>

Anymore info than this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point I can say this:

Its the same size as the Spotter 60, magnification range is from 15X to 45X (done so Night Vision does not pixilate) and the one we have has a Gen 2 Mildot illuminated.

We are thinking that the price tag will be in the same ball park as the Spotter 60 </div></div>

Groan...thwarted again.

Sounds like a great spec though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A reticle like the FinnArmy one in this smaller spotter would be a good option , and as such , donot expect to ever see IT . </div></div>

+1. Zeiss will never make it out of their own interest/will. However, when someone commits to purchased xx units, they may make it. I do not know which customers (if any) they listen.

Another example is their LRF range finder that gives you an inch / centimeter path reading using 7 predifined drop tables out to 500m/yds. Only centimeters/inches = aim this much in inches high and you hit. This is for dumb ass hunters. i proposed that add to the logic one simle calculation that would convert the cm reading to mrad or MOA to make it precise and adaptable for advanced scopes and turrets. This would just be a minor operation cm/range*100 which is for 100% sure that the embedded processor can do. But no.

They dont listen to anyone
laugh.gif

Thats why we got the NH1 in scopes, the H37 in scopes, CCW knobs on scopes.

You would be correct for a mass order of XX number of pieces we can do just about what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They dont listen to anyone
laugh.gif

Thats why we got the NH1 in scopes, the H37 in scopes, CCW knobs on scopes.

You would be correct for a mass order of XX number of pieces we can do just about what you want. </div></div>

You are right. Sure they make anything when you put the money on table. And putting money on table is easier, if you have volumes like US market. :)

The Horus reticle & CCW was most likely driven by Military contact , nothing to do with listening to civie shooters .

The other , maybe US saying the Mildot reticle they where using in these NEW FFP scopes , was out dated ( a lot ) , got it changed , only after considerable restistance by them , the point was they go to all the trouble of trying to update their Tac line of scopes to have all the current desirable features , and stuff up with the reticle , Opps ( stupid ) .