• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb with Manners stock question

LetItGo

StraightShooter
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
Paris Texas
New to the game and first decision is chassis system or stock. Kind of hard decision without shooting some. Leaning towards a Manners but even then which model feels or fits me best. But question is if I go with a Manners do I buy one with a chassis system or go with having one bedded instead? I won't have a need for changing BA's. The bedded would be better yes? TIA

I dont think you can wrong with the Manners mini-chassis...best of both worlds

I had an XLR element chassis and quickly decided I am a traditional stock guy myself.

I got a T6A and havenÂ’t looked back.

With a chassis I feel like you have to fight with the gun to get it where it needs to be. With a Manners you just let the gun does what it wants and it works out hard to explain but you “drive” the chassis and you “ride” the Manners.

I am not alone in this thinking as las week at a shoot I was the only one with a traditional stock and 4 other guys had chassis from multiple manufactures. They all agreed the Manners just felt right and they didnÂ’t have to force it to point correctly.

IF o ever buy another chassis gun it will be a JAE (JAllenEnterprises) or a KRG Bravo for the cheap side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an XLR element chassis and quickly decided I am a traditional stock guy myself.

With a chassis I feel like you have to fight with the gun to get it where it needs to be. With a Manners you just let the gun does what it wants and it works out hard to explain but you “drive” the chassis and you “ride” the Manners.

I am not alone in this thinking as las week at a shoot I was the only one with a traditional stock and 4 other guys had chassis from multiple manufactures. They all agreed the Manners just felt right and they didnÂ’t have to force it to point correctly.

IF o ever buy another chassis gun it will be a JAE (JAllenEnterprises) or a KRG Bravo for the cheap side.

Any thoughts on the bedding vs one with a mini chassis? Or did I need one with the mini chassis if I want to use AI mags?

I have both a bedded Manners and a Manners with a mini-chassis...both shoot extremely well. The mini-chassis will end up being less money in the final/overall cost of the stock when you consider bedding and bottom metal costs.

You might want to get behind a KRG Xray.........if you haven't done so yet

I have an Accuracy International AT and a post 2014 AX308. As much as I like them, my favorite rifle to shoot is SAC Defiance in a Manners mini chassis. Ray

I had mine bedded and utilized a bottom metal. I do see a huge benefit of getting the mini chassis for resale value.

It would also be nice to bolt and go but when I bought mine I was in a hurry and got one that was quick ship.

I like the mini chassis. I liked adjustable LOP to start out, once I found the length I liked best; I had them all made that length.

I had mine bedded and utilized a bottom metal. I do see a huge benefit of getting the mini chassis for resale value.

It would also be nice to bolt and go but when I bought mine I was in a hurry and got one that was quick ship.

Won't sell and cost doesn't matter. Just want the better setup.

I have both a bedded Manners and a Manners with a mini-chassis...both shoot extremely well. The mini-chassis will end up being less money in the final/overall cost of the stock when you consider bedding and bottom metal costs.

Cost doesn't matter just want the better setup, the bedded gun has to be a more solid rock base correct?

More solid rock than an integral hunk of aluminum? The minichassis can also be bedded if you wanted to, you would just lose ability to swap other actions into it with a good fit but you said that’s not of concern at this point.

If you like badger bottom metal (badger machines the minichassis for manners) you’ll like the minichassis, if you prefer another bottom metal get the normal stock. That’s really what it comes down to.

I’ve never run a mini chassis or a chassis system. Everything I own is bedded. I get all tied up in accuracy and since I don’t know any bench guys shooting anything other than standard bedded actions, I’ve stuck with the old fashioned bedded stock. Nothing scientific here and if I ever get into the PRS thing I might well change my mind. So, I’m always open to learning and trying new things. Just seems like a lot of guys shooting PRS style matches also are “OK” with anything sub MOA and that’s cool - I’m sure that’s what they need for the targets they shoot. Personally, my shooting is all about the hunt for the smallest groups possible and, most importantly, the most precise 1st round, cold bore, hit. I’m a hunter and I make my living from hunting. I’m probably just stick in my ways after 40 years of hunting and shooting. Lol.

I’ve never run a mini chassis or a chassis system. Everything I own is bedded. I get all tied up in accuracy and since I don’t know any bench guys shooting anything other than standard bedded actions, I’ve stuck with the old fashioned bedded stock. Nothing scientific here and if I ever get into the PRS thing I might well change my mind. So, I’m always open to learning and trying new things. Just seems like a lot of guys shooting PRS style matches also are “OK” with anything sub MOA and that’s cool - I’m sure that’s what they need for the targets they shoot. Personally, my shooting is all about the hunt for the smallest groups possible and, most importantly, the most precise 1st round, cold bore, hit. I’m a hunter and I make my living from hunting. I’m probably just stick in my ways after 40 years of hunting and shooting. Lol.

I do know a lot of PRS guys that load for Accuracy and little groups. At least thatÂ’s what they all say.

I never really m thought about it until the other day that I have never shot with those guys on paper to actually see their group sizes until the other day. LetÂ’s say I was shocked by their group sizes and what they were happy with. They were all under MOA for sure but I was killing them.

They absolutely destroy me on PRS though. So you donÂ’t really need a crazy tight shooting load when your shooting steel.

I mean I was in a rush and took the Magneeto speed out with a new load work up. Took the first load that shot low SDÂ’s into the dirt and loaded up 200 of them. I donÂ’t feel like I was missing any targets due to my load.

I did get a little bit of bragging rights though. Center punched a silhouette at 1k cold bore shot.

Edit: have no idea on why my phone is typing in weird symbols.