• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb

BrownTrout

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2010
Pa.
Guys I'm a long time hunter and optics only guy. I was raised on traditional iron sights,but could use some pointers to get me on target before I mount sights and head to range.

This is my second AR, but first M4 carbine type. I had a Varmint 24 inch stainless barrel with optices before this one. Today I picked up a new DD 16 inch barrel and want a little general info. Now I know depending on which T# on the flat top I monut the rear sight elevation will be grossly effected. I'm assuming you mount this all the way back on T1 near the charging handle. Do these DD's come from factory somewhat close with front post? Any advice greatly appreciated. I do want to go with a 50 yard zero for starters and will check at 200 as well. I know elevation is controlled with front sight post, what are the adjustments horizontally. .25 MOA, .5 MOA or what?

Thanks,

BT

Re: Newb

F&^% it, I'm off to the range I'll figure it out. I'm probably going to mount a red dot anyways. I have one on a shotgun and crossbow and love them.