• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newbe to reloading

dan25

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
I am new to reloading and have read alot on the reloading forums; but still have a few questions. I want to start reloading for mainly 300 win mag. I also want the capability to do 22-250 up to 300 win. I am set on a Co-Ax single stage press. Recently I have the oppurtinity to order anything from the redding catolag at 50% off msrp. Is there anything that I should buy while I have this oppurtunity? Powder measure, dies. Forgive me for my ignorance. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking at shooting the 210 vld or Barnes TSX or TTSX bullets.

REDDING builds some very high quality items...the majority of my dies are theirs as well as one of their 3 BR powder measures.

I'd say get a deluxe die set, has the FL, neck size and seater die, one of their powder measures and any other small accy's you will need. 50% off is a deal...BUT REDDING has also recently added 45-50% to most of their list prices too. Hell of a price raise in the current catalog compared to last year.

No input on Barnes bullets...NOT a Barnes fan boy at all.

Redding makes very good equipment. Consider getting a scale, powder measure, case trimmer, as well as deluxe die sets. Oh, and neck bushings if you want to go that route.

If you take care of this equipment, it will last you a lifetime.