• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

newbie from pa

bgood1130

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2014
green lane, pa
Hello everyone, I have been shooting 22's since I was about 5 years old, and had handguns and rifles of various sorts since I was of a legal age. I started loading for my 357's and that naturally progressed to loading for rifle. In recent months I have developed and interest in what I suppose would be called medium range shooting, as 500 yards is the longest distance I have access to. I am hoping to learn some things about refining my shooting and loading techniques to get the most out of what I have, and figured this would be a great place to do it.

Thanks to all

welcome,bgood, Newholland rifle and pistol club goes out to 600 yds w/steel from 200 to 600yds. its a real hoot!
Dave

Mifflin County Sportsmens Association in Lewistown, PA. I know a few people that are members and they love it, says its an excellent facility. I am signed up for a precision rifle class there the end of October. To join just print out the membership form on their website and mail in with your check and pre-paid, self addressed envelope.

They go out to 1000yds

Last edited:
Mifflin County Sportsmens Association in Lewistown, PA. I know a few people that are members and they love it, says its an excellent facility. I am signed up for a precision rifle class there the end of October. To join just print out the membership form on their website and mail in with your check and pre-paid, self addressed envelope.

They go out to 1000yds

That is great, it is about 3 hours away from me, but only 25 minutes from my brothers house, great reason to go spend the weekend there once in a while.

Thanks

With Mifflin County if you dont feel like waiting for them to mail it back. Just come up here there are a few stores in the area that sell memberships right in the store. Fill out your membership card, pay and head right to the range. Starting next year they are requiring NRA membership as far as I know so they qualify for grants to improve the range. You can also hunt, and camp there as well. Oh welcome from Lewistown.